TGP

Getting To Know You — May 2019

7 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

May 20 ~ What do you think is the largest number of Miniatures you have painted (to completion*) in one day?

I have no idea, I don't keep track.

• Like 5

It's been a while since I had a time slot that I could just paint for a few hours, but I think my record (achieved twice, in wildly different circumstances) is six.

Most recently, four cultist monks and two Knight-types (plus a third Knight, but I'd started that one previously), painted to a decent tabletop standard over several hours.

Prior to that, I ran the newest edition of Shadowrun's introductory one-shot and decided right before the game that I wanted to run it with minis. I painted six chronoscope Bones figs in less than 30 minutes. One layer of brown liner, and five different colors of drybrushing. They were... Sufficient to the purpose.

• Like 10

On 5/18/2019 at 12:36 AM, TGP said:

Weekend Questions for:

May 18 to 19 ~ Do you prep Miniatures in well in advance of painting them?   (Scrape mold lines, prime, shade...etc.)

If Yes, are you going to prep some this weekend for the Memorial Day Weekend Painting Binge (which is next weekend)?

I prep minis when I have the time to hobby but don't have the time to do something else.

I won't be participating in the Memorial Day Weekend painting binge.  My time is already allocated to our annual anime convention and work.

8 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

May 20 ~ What do you think is the largest number of Miniatures you have painted (to completion*) in one day?

Most minis I've put paint on in a 24 hour period?  8.

Most minis I've completed in the same 24 hour period? 8.

Most minis I've completed painting (not including prep work and sealing), starting and finishing within a 24 hour period? 0.

• Like 7

PSA:

We have no Quisitor signed up to take June, July, or August.  If you all want this to continue, someone needs to step up.  PM me if you want to.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

It was an assembly line and two of us painted 120 Orkz and 150 IG troops for a 40K tournament. Yeesh.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Corsair said:

It was an assembly line and two of us painted 120 Orkz and 150 IG troops for a 40K tournament. Yeesh.

That sounds... awful.

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

PSA:

We have no Quisitor signed up to take June, July, or August.  If you all want this to continue, someone needs to step up.  PM me if you want to.

The incomparable @Glitterwolf has generously volunteered for June.  July or August anyone? <insert puppy-dog eyes here>

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

14 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

The incomparable @Glitterwolf has generously volunteered for June.  July or August anyone? <insert puppy-dog eyes here>

Yeah, someone sign up please!

*** Cracks knuckles***

*** It would be a shame if nobody volunteered...Hmmm??***

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

39 minutes ago, Sanael said:

That sounds... awful.

We started at 8AM and finished up about 9 hours later.....but we did have them ready for an Apoc Game the next weekend.

Edited by Corsair
  • Like 7

9 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

Beats me. There were times when I was painting things for other Folk that the numbers might have been fairly high, but that was long years ago.

Lately it seems everything in my life happened long years ago.

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Image result for sad puppy eyes

Right! You play the good cop!

I will try this then...

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor Angry wolf

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

11 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

Been a looong while, but back when I was actively playing tabletop wargames I think I painted something on the order of 25 chaos space marines the day before a tournament.  now, t hey were really only painted a little beyond the '3 color standard' and nowhere near my best work, but they were painted enough to enter a fully painted army.  

Now, painted to what I would call a good level... probably never more than one or two.

Edited by Cygnwulf
Silly double posting....
  • Like 8

11 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

I can typically do 3 or 4 in a day, start to finish,  to tabletop level.  I remember doing GW goblins is batches of 4-6 at a time, in a 4 hour period, so theoretically I could do ~24 army painted figures in a day.  Most of my painting "days" consist of about 4 hours in the afternoon, unless I'm bingeing.  

• Like 9

11 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

depends, if you are counting the cleaning and priming, 1, maybe 2.

if we are assuming starting from primed my record is 25 skeletons.

• Like 8