TGP

Getting To Know You — May 2019

9 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

The incomparable @Glitterwolf has generously volunteered for June.  July or August anyone? <insert puppy-dog eyes here>

I could do july

• Thanks 10

2 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

I could do july

Good deal! Welcome to the ........ umm, waitaminit.........what do we call this? Masochism? NO NO, Ranks of the Quisitors! That's right......

• Haha 10

18 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

May 20 ~ What do you think is the largest number of Miniatures you have painted (to completion*) in one day?

I once killed seven with one blow... oh wait, painting them with blood wasn't what you meant...

To completion from an already-partially-painted-point I once did 40. They were a project I resumed after a couple years on the wall of shame.

To completion from primer to full paint, I think I have only ever managed a single mini in a day. I'm pretty slow, and while color combos look good in my head, they usually don't end up well in practice. I should really get my Schubert on and do a test paint pic beforehand...

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

May 20 ~ What do you think is the largest number of Miniatures you have painted (to completion*) in one day?

I painted three in one day once. It was pretty fun.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

I could do july

Thanks!

Now what convinced you?

The Puppy Eyes or the Wolf Snarl?

*** Takes notes in little book titled, how to persuade people ***

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Question for:

May 21st ~  Do you fear the weather?  Does it alarm or worry you?

Edited by TGP
And I hope nobody reading this was in the path of a tornado yesterday.
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, TGP said:

Question for:

No to both. There's no point being scared of something you can't change.

That dosn't mean that i don't take sensible precautions, though.

• Like 10

Hopefully we can contemplate this one without excess bzzzzzzzzzzzz. What occasioned the question was the weather coverage on the CBS Evening News last Friday evening. They made the next approaching weather pattern sound like an incoming apocalypse. “...40 Million Americans Threatened...”.  Sunday into Monday morning it was toned down a bit (the NWS had predicted 2 milliner people.)

• Like 6

On 5/19/2019 at 10:24 PM, TGP said:

Question for:

10 Eldar Dark Reapers.  They were primed black, given a heavy drybrush of very light grey with a little bit of edging in white followed by washes of the desired colors (blue and red based on my Eldar scheme) where appropriate, then some fine detail picked out.  The armor was very well suited for this style of painting...  not sure why I don't do it more with my Eldar models. :wacko:  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Question for:

Faer? I don't live in it, but I DO take realsitic precautions and responses seriously.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Question for:

Not normal weather.

I fear ice and snow, in the sense that it makes commuting slow and miserable, but not much beyond that.

I fear severe hurricanes, tornadoes, extreme hail, etc., but I don't usually encounter them in my life.

• Like 5

I don't particularly fear weather. I do often have a wide variety of negative emotions associated with any given sort of weather, mostly some brand of irritated, but fear isn't really part of that package.

Given that my parents live in Houston, I often have concern over THEIR weather, but they are smart enough people that it's still not fear.

Pittsburgh is great, today. Bright and sunny and 50 degrees. It's a day that I really ought to be commuting on my bike instead of a bus. But if I did that, I wouldn't have time for this post.

I avoid exercise for YOU, collective forumites, I do it for you.

• Haha 9

May 21st ~  Do you fear the weather?  Does it alarm or worry you?

I don't fear the weather, I fear the Climate.  

-every year pushing at the record high average temperature- bringing drought, starvation. flooding ... 

as for alarming me, we got 2 inches of snow last night.  that was pretty alarming. 

this is the second time it has snowed after mothers day in 10 years. 

- but we are still getting 60 degree days in February, it was 85 last week. 

ill probably build a snow sculpture this morning, as the rain will melt it off by about 2pm 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Question for:

Nope. It's out of my hands.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Question for:

Like most here, the weather is not a thing to fear, just to take adult precautions about. 

We have plenty of fools who insist on hiking up Mount Snowden in flip-flops and shorts, and then act all surprised when they get hypothermia and need rescuing. So I suppose this is just the various weather reporting services covering their bets.

• Like 4