TGP

Getting To Know You — May 2019

12 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

May 24th ~  How many ink-stained shirts, paint spattered Tees, or other pieces of garb have you consigned to be your dedicated painting clothes?

Do I own permanently stained shirts? Yes.

Do I keep some dedicated for painting? No. Unless we're talking about painting walls, I don't wear anything particular. Though I do usually take off my best clothes when painting.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

May 24th ~  How many ink-stained shirts, paint spattered Tees, or other pieces of garb have you consigned to be your dedicated painting clothes?

I'm a pretty fastidious painter, so no.

I do have a pair of pants I wear to figure drawing because I tend to get a lot of charcoal on my thighs (my drawing board rests on them). I'll also wear black shirts, just to be safe (I smear charcoal with my fingers, but not paint!).

• Like 5

13 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

Lots, I have beaten up a lot of shirts over the years.

12 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

You need clothes for painting? :rock:

This was NOT a mental picture I needed...

10 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Nothing.

I can paint minis without getting paint on my cloths.

My hands / fingers will get a little paint every now and then, but I also wash my hands several times during a painting/hobby session.

You sure you're not a cat?

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

I used to have one shirt  for home interior painting. For miniature painting? I sometimes wear protective gloves, but that's about it.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

I mean, I don't wear my nice clothes (anything I'd wear to work) when I hobby, but I don't have clothes just for hobbying. It doesn't really matter anyway, most of my clothes get some kind of food stain on them no matter how hard I try to be tidy. 

Last week, for example, I managed to dump a whole bunch of sliced strawberries down my cleveage while trying to put them away. It's a talent of mine :down:

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Lots, I have beaten up a lot of shirts over the years.

This was NOT a mental picture I needed...

You sure you're not a cat?

Since I wash my hands with WATER, NO! ::P:

image.png.017107086e707daf7c590d4f43fc48e1.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Last week, for example, I managed to dump a whole bunch of sliced strawberries down my cleveage

I usually have to pay double for that kind of action...

*5 points to whoever gets the movie that reference is from (it's not a direct quote, but more of an homage).

• Like 3

Weekend Questions for:

May 25th & 26th ~ Do you celebrate any #HashtagHolidays? What is your favorite wine and cheese pairing? What is your favorite cheese if no wine is involved?

Edited by TGP
“American Cheese” Does.Not.Count.
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, TGP said:

Weekend Questions for:

May 25th & 26th ~ Do you celebrate any #HashtagHolidays? What is your favorite wine and cheese pairing? What is your favorite cheese if no wine is involved?

No. 

I don't drink wine.

It depends on the use.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, TGP said:

Weekend Questions for:

No.

I’m not much of a wine drinker.  And I’ve never tried pairing mead with cheese.

Extra sharp cheddar.  Cheddar so sharp you can cut tomatoes with it.  But not so sharp it’s completely dry.

• Like 4

May 25/26:

I don't celebrate any holidays, thou I may be incline to celebrate Squirrel Appreciation Day more then others.

I don't drink wine but I do like cheese. Swiss being my favorite kind.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, TGP said:

Weekend Questions for:

Not really to the first. I notice them, occasionally. >.>

Uh... In no particular order, cheddar, a /nice/ brie, ideally fullcream - or cheesecake.

... what?

• Like 3

Definitions:

A hashtag holiday is one of those “National ______ Day” events that get proclaimed all over the Internet (with hashtags and whatnot) which don't seem to have any verifiable origin or official recognition by any sort of government. 

Wine? Why Wine? ...it seems May 25th has been proclaimed National Wine Day by no one is sure who. 

And Cheese?  ...well I heard they go together. 

~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~

I am not much of a wine person at all. Basically once a year (But that’s a long story...)

Muenster is my current favorite cheese. No idea if there is a wine to pair it with. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Weekend Questions for:

Thank you for the definition of #HashtagHoliday, I usually smite my brow and wonder who thinks these up.

My favourite wine and cheese pairing is about 2 pints and a pound and a half. ::D:

Favourite cheese is whatever I can find in the 'fridge... more seriously Cambazola.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, TGP said:

Weekend Questions for:

My usual/favourite hash tag would get me in trouble with the mods... Let's just say I hate hashtags, doubly so ones that seem spur of the moment, pointless... And how so. Many. Posts. Nowadays.... Have more hashtags than actual words!!!  (I especially loathe hashtag movements, where people will proclaim to support something and then two days later totally forget it even exists) 

So nope, don't celebrate any, and I don't really even celebrate any that are on any particular calendar.  I do observe Samhain though (and usually have it booked off) for various reasons. 

As for wine and cheese... *clears throat* such is heresy, punishable by being made to drink the worst and/or foulest beer or canned cocktail we can find! :p  Cheese goes rather well with crackers, various meats (bonus points if it's types of that dry cured Italian sausage I can never remember the name of but my local deli has two fridges dedicated to making - soprasetta), and whatnot.

Please note: while I say it's heresy it's just because we don't really do the wine thing in our house, not to mention the fact that since cheese is expensive we don't "waste" it, aka use it for basic luxuries alongside other luxuries.  In our house, it's effectively a treat, usually our to use towards homemade Mac and cheese.   Even alcohol is a rare luxury, because we wind up using spare cash towards other things we deem more important.

As for favourite cheese, my parents (who don't know my preferences at all) would guess at either cheese curds (squeaky cheese! If they don't squeak, they aren't fresh!)  or havarti with dill, or even gouda... Which are in my top five, I won't lie. 

In a sandwich, especially a panini, I absolutely love provolone. 

For light and fluffy, I absolutely LOVE bocconcini, especially if paired with freshly baked, uhm, uh... It's an Italian bread.  I can't think of the name of it, eep. 

To snack on with crackers, oh my, I love me a good medium cheddar (I know, how simple of me, but you can usually get a good amount for somewhat cheap) 

In poutine, there is only one choice - cheese curds! 

But as for a favourite, ooh, that's... A tough one to truthfully nail down. 

• Like 3