Getting To Know You — May 2019

TGP

34 minutes ago, TGP said:

Question for

May 2nd: Have you ever tried (or heard of) pure A2 protein cow’s milk?

Once, when I was a little kid.  No idea on the grade, but it was pretty much fresh from the proverbial "tap". 

Don't quite remember any thoughts other than "weird"... 

Would I try again...?  Unknown. 

• Like 3

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Question for

If I have, it wasn't by that name..

I've had raw cow's milk; which I happen to think is yum. We currently get homogenized cow's milk, which is also yum. 

What I prefer ... is goat's milk. *shrug*

• Like 4

3 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for

Most of the milk I've drank since I was 13 has been treated with lactase enzyme before it was bottled/cartoned/packaged. The enzyme breaks the lactose into glucose and galactose for me so I don't have to suffer the effects of not owning that enzyme anymore. But that has its own unintended side effect. Glucose is very sweet. Galactose alone is fairly (and differently) sweet. Lactose is... very subtle.

Lemme tell you, normal milk tastes weird now. It tastes like water. Whole milk is the only untreated milk I can bring myself to like and that's just because it tastes like something.

Cream is still the best. Unsweetened cream has nothing to do with the treated milk I drink, therefore it's an entirely different product. One I appreciate.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for

That's the milk from 'old breed' cows like Jerseys and Guernseys isn't it? It's really nice and creamy.

It's a bit more expensive than normal milk, we only buy it if we're making custard or want an especially delicious hot chocolate ::D:

• Like 4

6 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for

No idea what that is.  Then again, I've been drinking almond milk for the past few years.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for

I have never heard of this before.

I'd try it if I saw it.  However, I don't actually like milk.  I like milk-based foods (e.g. cheese, yogurt, ice cream) but I don't actually like milk by itself.  (And this is another reason why it frustrates me when people say things like "thin your paint to the consistency of skim milk".  This is really unhelpful for those of us who don't have a carton of milk for reference.)

I'm pretty sure my dislike of milk is a taste problem (or maybe a lack thereof) and I might actually like whole milk (especially the stuff from the local dairy that my wife uses for making ice cream).  I'm fine with soy milk, almond milk, etc.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for

No, this is the first I heard of it.  Considering I grew-up in dairy country WI, that's sort of weird.  

• Like 5

7 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for

No idea if this is what is being referred to, but I mainly drink homogenised whole milk from a near-by farm. Wonderfully tasty after many years of supermarket rubbish. Make our own cheese and yogurt too.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for

I have.

When we were traveling around NZ in January, at least one tour driver made quite a big deal of it. Since then, I have noticed the ads on TV.

• Like 5