Getting To Know You — May 2019

34 minutes ago, TGP said:

Question for

May 2nd: Have you ever tried (or heard of) pure A2 protein cow’s milk?

Once, when I was a little kid.  No idea on the grade, but it was pretty much fresh from the proverbial "tap". 

Don't quite remember any thoughts other than "weird"... 

Would I try again...?  Unknown. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The “How to Buy all the Minis I Want with the Little Money I Have.” game.   I think the fact that I seem to be missing a significant amount of the $$$ tokens required to play is making the g

Did someone say dragon sculpture?     This one was causing road accidents a few months ago in Wales..   https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-47103392

Posted Images

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Question for

If I have, it wasn't by that name..

I've had raw cow's milk; which I happen to think is yum. We currently get homogenized cow's milk, which is also yum. 

What I prefer ... is goat's milk. *shrug*

• Like 4
3 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for

Most of the milk I've drank since I was 13 has been treated with lactase enzyme before it was bottled/cartoned/packaged. The enzyme breaks the lactose into glucose and galactose for me so I don't have to suffer the effects of not owning that enzyme anymore. But that has its own unintended side effect. Glucose is very sweet. Galactose alone is fairly (and differently) sweet. Lactose is... very subtle.

Lemme tell you, normal milk tastes weird now. It tastes like water. Whole milk is the only untreated milk I can bring myself to like and that's just because it tastes like something.

Cream is still the best. Unsweetened cream has nothing to do with the treated milk I drink, therefore it's an entirely different product. One I appreciate.

• Like 5
5 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for

Never heard of it.

• Like 5
5 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for

>jumps onboard the 'never heard of it train< 

No to both.

What is it?

• Like 4
6 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for

That's the milk from 'old breed' cows like Jerseys and Guernseys isn't it? It's really nice and creamy.

It's a bit more expensive than normal milk, we only buy it if we're making custard or want an especially delicious hot chocolate ::D:

• Like 4
6 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for

No idea what that is.  Then again, I've been drinking almond milk for the past few years.

• Like 4
7 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for

I have never heard of this before.

I'd try it if I saw it.  However, I don't actually like milk.  I like milk-based foods (e.g. cheese, yogurt, ice cream) but I don't actually like milk by itself.  (And this is another reason why it frustrates me when people say things like "thin your paint to the consistency of skim milk".  This is really unhelpful for those of us who don't have a carton of milk for reference.)

I'm pretty sure my dislike of milk is a taste problem (or maybe a lack thereof) and I might actually like whole milk (especially the stuff from the local dairy that my wife uses for making ice cream).  I'm fine with soy milk, almond milk, etc.

• Like 5
7 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for

No, this is the first I heard of it.  Considering I grew-up in dairy country WI, that's sort of weird.  

• Like 5
7 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for

No idea if this is what is being referred to, but I mainly drink homogenised whole milk from a near-by farm. Wonderfully tasty after many years of supermarket rubbish. Make our own cheese and yogurt too.

• Like 5
7 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for

I have.

When we were traveling around NZ in January, at least one tour driver made quite a big deal of it. Since then, I have noticed the ads on TV.

• Like 5

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TGP
      The rules: as they were last month (in addition to all regular forum rules) except where I sneakily changed them:

1. Every day, or so (unless I am out or ill or something) I will post a question. †
      1.5. Should I be unable to post a question for the day, a crack team of deputy quisitors, former quisitors, and random forum members are all chomping at the bit to step in and post one... ††
      2. In theory there is a 24 hour span to answer that question before the next question is posted.
      2.5. (Rule 2 is the most frequently ignored rule.)
      3. Questions are going to be posted sometime before 1 AM Reaper time (US Central).
      4. Everyone is encouraged to suggest future questions to be posted via PM to Talespinner or Morihalda… 
      5. You do not have to answer every question to play...
      6. If a question is TMI or N/A simply wait for the next question.. ..or post that you decline to answer (clues regarding why can be fun...unless TMI).
      7. Weekend questions may take the form of two or three day quests, starting on Friday or Saturday.
      8. Pix always welcome.

The first question will need to be posted after a brief (10 minute) pause to foil the merging of posts.
      The footnotes, because I can't resist doing †††footnotes:

† I will aim for 0600 Reaper/Nottingham time.
      ††  If subs and backstops could wait until 11AM in Reaper/Denton's timezone to see if I remember.
      ††† …because I re-remembered how to do the dagger ( † ) symbol.
    • By Morihalda
      The rules as they currently stand (in addition to all regular forum rules):

1. Every day, or so (unless I am out or ill or some thing) I will post a question.
      1.5. Should I be unable to post a question for the day (or send a recently asked one!) a crack team of deputy quisitors, former quisitors, and random forum members are all chomping at the bit to step in and post one... 
      2. In theory there is a 24 hour span to answer that question before the next question is posted.
      3. Questions are going to be posted sometime before 1 AM Reaper time (US Central).
      4. Everyone is encouraged to suggest future questions to be posted via PM to me... 
      6. If a question is TMI or N/A simply wait for the next question.. ..or post that you decline to answer (clues regarding why can be fun...unless TMI).
      7. Weekend questions may take the form of two or three day quests, starting on Friday or Saturday.

The first question shall be posted after a brief pause to prevent the merging of posts.
    • By TGP
      Index and Contents

First round Artist Trading Card sent to DougBL

Second round Artist Trading Card sent to Pcktlnt

Step - By - Step pictures of Platypode ATC (New June 2)

TGPTGP
    • By ManvsMini
      Happy New Year and welcome to Getting to Know You, January 2021 Edition!

The rules as they currently stand (in addition to all regular forum rules):

1. Every day, or so (unless I am out or ill or something) I will post a question.
      1.5. Should I be unable to post a question for the day a crack team of deputy quisitors, former quisitors, and random forum members are all chomping at the bit to step in and post one... 
      3. Questions are going to be posted sometime before 10:30am Eastern US Daylight time.
      4. Everyone is encouraged to suggest future questions to be posted via PM to me... 

Thank you all for playing along as we get to know the real you... tell me, Malcolm Reynolds, are you familiar with the works of Shan Yu?

The first question shall be posted after a brief pause to prevent the merging of posts.

-MvM
    • By Glitterwolf
      Welcome to Getting to Know You, NOVEMBER 2020 Edition.

The rules as they currently stand ( we all know most of you rebellious lot will ignore most of it, but one can try)

1. Every day, or so (unless I am out or ill or something) I will post a question.
      1.5. Should I be unable to post a question for the day a crack team of deputy quisitors, former quisitors, and random forum members are all chomping at the bit to step in and post one... 
      3. Questions are going to be posted between 8:00 hours and 12:00 hours CET. ( Central European Time)
      6. If a question is TMI or N/A simply wait for the next question.. ..or post that you decline to answer (clues regarding why can be fun...unless TMI).
      7. Weekend questions will usually take the form of two or three day quests, starting on Friday or Saturday.

All HAIL WOOF!
  • Who's Online   17 Members, 0 Anonymous, 45 Guests (See full list)