TGP

Getting To Know You — May 2019

5 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

May 24th ~  How many ink-stained shirts, paint spattered Tees, or other pieces of garb have you consigned to be your dedicated painting clothes?

None. I haven't made a mess like that in a very long time.

I do, however, keep a few pairs of my old Navy coveralls around for bigger jobs like painting a room or something.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

May 24th ~  How many ink-stained shirts, paint spattered Tees, or other pieces of garb have you consigned to be your dedicated painting clothes?

For mini painting?  My wife made me a denim apron for painting so I don't have to worry about getting paint on my clothes.  (Some of you may have seen it at last year's ReaperCon.)  For when it's chilly, I have a zip-down sweatshirt that got paint on it when we were painting the house.

For house painting?  I have a pair of jeans and a long-sleeved t-shirt relegated for that task, along with the above mentioned sweatshirt.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

None!  I've sacrificed a couple pieces of clothing over the years due to them being paint-spackled (ahh, the Crimson Gore incident of 2004...) but I don't change into anything specific for painting/hobbying.  I do have a couple old pairs of jeans and shirts that I pull out for house painting and these have been through some pretty rough times.   

• Like 5

6 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

I use an old wood-working apron. The front pocket is useful for hold files, rulers, spectacles and other oddments. The paint catching function is entirely coincidental.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

I dedicated painting clothes before they got paint spattered. I didn't want to cross-contaminate studio stuff with household stuff.

At the moment I have two sweatshirts (my basement studio is cold year-round) and two protective aprons. I try to be careful, but after thirty years there are some paint spots.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

I don't have any dedicated painting clothes as such, just a bunch of nicer clothes that I definitely don't wear whilst painting/modelling. Most of the rest of my clothes have the odd tiny spot of paint here and there, usually in a contrasting colour to the fabric :mellow:

However, I've recently realised that I've got tiny superglue spots on most of my trousers. You know why? Those flipping Infinity minis :angry: They have so many stupidly small component parts there are just a pain in the rear end to assemble. You think that you've managed to stick it properly, then a part (usually an arm) falls off and bounces off the table and sticks to your jeans ::(:

I hate those minis, but they're so pretty once they're painted....

• Like 9

7 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

None at all, although if I know I'm painting the place I'm in I'll pick up some cheap clothing from Army&Navy (or Walmart). 

6 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

You need clothes for painting? :rock:

This.  So much this. 

• Like 7

Random generators:

I've made several paper tables for my current campaign, for fleshing out villages the party stumbles across and for interesting loot-the-corpse features. It would be super useful to have a random name generator behind my DM Screen, but I don't use devices back there right now, so I have to just make them up as we go. The PCs meet a lot of "Bob"s.

Oh. Paint clothes? Nah. I change when I get home from work anyway, so anything I'm wearing for just "around the house" is pretty fair game for painting.

And I paint at work, too, so even my work clothes are fair game.

I have one pair of athletic pants with a very... problematic... hole due to an errant drop of super glue. The glue hit the pants, reacted poorly to whatever "fast wicking ultra dry cooling technology" fabric they are, and shortly afterwards, the spot just kinda shattered. Given the location of the hole, I will caution my fellow forumites: wearing clothing while hobbying is certainly optional, but that doesn't mean it isn't advisable.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

I think I have one shirt with a tiny black spot. But it's small enough that I don't much worry about it.

Now I did use paint to correct the spelling of one shirt that I otherwise liked (from Zweibrueken to Zweibrücken), but that's an answer to a different question entirely. :rolleyes:

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Just One - but it got its start when I brushed against a freshly painted wall and didn't notice. 

it has a bit more paint on it now. 

Random Generators in RPGs  - nope. but im only running one monthly game ATM,  my regular DM uses several - with mixed results.  

most likely are dungeon geomorphic cards - and occasionally story cards, which he uses the  pictured scene and after some trials, ignores the text. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

There was a time when I had a life outside The Craft, when I had clothes that I didn't wear when painting & such. At least I have vague memories of that.

Now, however, The Craft is my life & all the clothes, few though they are, that I have are subjected to Craft related accidents...most Folk wouldn't recognize

me without the stains.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

No dedicated paint clothes.  I might take care not to wear my newest t-shirt, or a dressy blouse, but otherwise nothing special when the mood to paint  strikes me.

• Like 9

9 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

None. I hate getting unnecessarily messy, so I sit right up close to the paint desk; in the event I drop my brush, it lands on the table instead of me. I also have things/precautions designed so that if something gets knocked over it is contained. My holding-hand is most likely to get paint on it, and that's an easy wash.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:
9 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

You need clothes for painting? :rock:

This is how I roll. Sort of.

Hey, you know I'm not the only person who's painted in their underwear ::P:

On a less irreverent note, I just wear whatever I'm wearing at the moment. If I've just woken up that might involve PJs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

11 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

Zero. I did have a shirt at one point had a small blue spot on it.

I will say that what ever I wear will be comfy. I'm not going to wear my work cloths, not because I'm worried about paint getting on them, but because they aren't the best for relaxing in.

I also had another shirt and pants (might actually still have them somewhere) that I used for paintballing once upon a time. Those had gained some new colors.

Edited by Illithar
Extra point
  • Like 5