Sign in to follow this  
NebulousMissy

77525 Great Obelisk of Cthulhu

I'm generally bad at terrain. So I decided to challenge myself. I painted the obelisk as a dark stone and the octopus on top as a green stone with cabochon eyes. I even went fancy and attempted to put some red glow/liquidity to the runes on the obelisk.

1258520956_Obelisk2.png.3a225a3be91d148fde9bc72e4b550b70.png

I... don't remember painting those eyes like they're glowing... Wait, is that the camera's fault? Did... Um...  It... appears my cell phone camera had a hard time focusing on such immense evil...  Yes, that must be it.

Here's a better pic of the runes.

884100397_Obelisk1.png.f5c33ab8c7a99216a4e29ce435fd0f28.png

Yes, there we go. As soon as those eyes aren't looking at the camera it focuses just fine:;,;:

• Like 17

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Nightwing
      A craft store near me was going out of business, and I found the rock molding kit from Scene O Rama for $1. There was enough plaster to make  2 molds of each rock. I painted them as instructed with the provided paints, glued them to balsa squares and rectangles, added some dirt and the talus. Some bushes added for color and interest. I wouldn’t use balsa wood for this again. The washes and thinned down glues caused the balsa to curl. 

I figured id use them as difficult terrain indicators in our D&D games.  I’m thinking about running the old timey Isle of Dread adventure for my group, maybe these will come in handy. 

• By ultrasquid
      I didn't see this listed so:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/archonstudio/dungeonsandlasers-plastic-tabletop-rpg-scenery

I received an engineering sample of the product today. They're made of hard gray injection-molded plastic, my guess would be ABS from its hardness and density. The floor and wall ties fit together tightly, though it takes a bit of effort that likely would wear at paint on those surfaces had they been painted. Due to response from earlier sample recipients, the production tiles will be slightly larger than the samples.

• By Maledrakh
      Finishing up the Goblins from the Bones 4 core set.

click for close ups and all that
    • By BLZeebub
      This is just something that's been on the SoS for an embarrassing amount of time.  Finally making the effort to finish it up and move on.  Materials are corrugated cardboard on a base of stiff cardboard/MDF.  Rebar from paperclips.  Rocks, gravel, and sand, and a straw for the pipe.  Spray primed with black, wet brushed with gray hobby paint.  Next will be some highlights and a wash, some vegetation, and done.  Reaper Bones skelie for skale!  Pardon the rigged light box--lots of other house projects have my hobby room crammed with crap at the moment.

• By lexomatic
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/monstergaming/monster-adventure-terrain-3d-customizable-dandd-world-builder
      First created but looks cool.
  • Who's Online   27 Members, 1 Anonymous, 191 Guests (See full list)