27 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Basically you get stuff like this.

Depending on the price they are nice to add to the collection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgq-W83bvKE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd_UkscpJiQ

I keep seeing in the comments that Natalya doesn't really talk or explain what she's doing. As for price, they are stupid cheap on MM right now.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Valthorn_Illian said:

I keep seeing in the comments that Natalya doesn't really talk or explain what she's doing. As for price, they are stupid cheap on MM right now.

You basically watch her paint and has to learn from that.

1 hour ago, Valthorn_Illian said:

But are the videos dated? I know the one that Dark Sword did with Jessica Rich shows a bit of age.

As in the video quality being lower than current youtube video?  Sometimes you need the higher resolution to see things, but not always.  Anything recorded to a DVD for playback on DVD players is going to look dated, I suppose.  However, CMoN also has download versions of the Dark Sword videos available.  I got the Jessica Rich one that way and it is in HD (1080). 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Serenity said:

As in the video quality being lower than current youtube video?  Sometimes you need the higher resolution to see things, but not always.  Anything recorded to a DVD for playback on DVD players is going to look dated, I suppose.  However, CMoN also has download versions of the Dark Sword videos available.  I got the Jessica Rich one that way and it is in HD (1080). 

I meant that in terms of tools, paints, and techniques. Probably could have been more clear on that. The Jessica Rich video frequently uses a bunch of paints that are no longer available or the paints have shifted tones.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 5/1/2019 at 1:46 PM, Valthorn_Illian said:

I meant that in terms of tools, paints, and techniques. Probably could have been more clear on that. The Jessica Rich video frequently uses a bunch of paints that are no longer available or the paints have shifted tones.

The Jessica Rich DVD is still one of my favorites. I'm less concerned with the specific paints she uses, and more with her clear explanations and demonstrations. Even if the techniques are "out-of-date," they are ones I still haven't mastered, so are still worth working on for me!  ::D:

Likewise, the Darksword DVD with Anne Forster and Jen Haley is also fantastic for it's clear explanations and examples. Although obviously aimed at more beginner painters, the information is great and well worth the price. 

• Like 2

I have the course.  It is not, IMO, for beginners.  HST, it is valuable for intermediate and above painters and, at a reduced price, worth it.

And, as others have stated, you watch her paint and watch the paint dry.  Minimal explanation.