Sign in to follow this  
Unruly

Fantasy Grounds Unity

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/smiteworks/fantasy-grounds-unity/description

Fantasy Grounds Unity is the name of the upcoming version of our virtual tabletop software, Fantasy Grounds. It's been completely rebuilt from the ground up in Unity. Read on to find out what this all means and why we are excited for this project.

c22969d72360af6eed82addc9e1e025d_origina

Fantasy Grounds is a popular system for playing a host of different roleplaying games online.  It is used by more than 130,000 gamers worldwide to connect and play popular games such as Dungeons and Dragons, Pathfinder, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, and more.  This type of program is commonly referred to as a virtual tabletop, or VTT, due to their ability to emulate various part of an RPG session in a digital form.

What makes Fantasy Grounds different than competitors is how we expose character sheets and automate large portions of gameplay specifically for each system we support.  This is done through rulesets.  Your experience playing Deadlands Reloaded will differ from D&D and will be unique to that environment, contain custom graphics, character sheets, and automation specific to that game system.  

One feature shared across most game systems is maps.  Some may use hexes while others use square grids and some may not use grids at all.  Facing is important in some and less so in others.  While FG has featured maps for many years, they have been primarily focused as reproductions of maps in existing adventure modules from our many licensed publishers. We believe that we can enhance these to provide dynamic line of sight, fog of war, and even map building support with painting and tiles.

80e4b506da3356d397c8c363fdec6e45_origina

What you get for backing this project will be a license for Fantasy Grounds Unity (or FGU). This new game engine has all the great features of current version of Fantasy Grounds (soon to be called Fantasy Grounds Classic) along with new enhanced features. 

Original Features Supported:

• Multiplayer support for playing tabletop games of Dungeons & Dragons (2E, 3.5E, 4E and 5E), Pathfinder RPG 1, Pathfinder RPG 2, Starfinder.
  • Built-in content for D&D 3.5E, 5E and Pathfinder 1
  • Officially licensed add-on content available for D&D, D&D Classics (2E), Pathfinder, Starfinder, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Basic Roleplaying, Castles & Crusades, Mutants & Masterminds, 13th Age, W.O.I.N., Traveller, and Rolemaster Classic
  • Generic system support through our CoreRPG ruleset
  • Brilliant Campaign Management
  • Integrated character sheets with lots of automation built in for playing and leveling (depending on ruleset and content owned)
  • Combat Tracking
  • 3D dice

Fantasy Grounds Unity Enhanced Features Include:

• 64-bit support to allow for more content (quality and quantity)
  • Native support for Mac, Linux and Windows PC
  • Network lobby for easy hosting and joining of games (no port forwarding required)
  • Tile based map building
  • Enhanced Drawing Tools
  • Additional Dice Macros support
  • A new FGU only skin
  • Dynamic Line of Sight with enhanced toggle blockers
  • Paint with images, such as walls
  • Animated image effects
  • Backward compatibility with all existing campaigns and DLC from FGC

In addition to these features, we are now poised to add even greater functionality going forward. We have lots of ideas for new features and this rebuilt engine will make it easier for us reach those goals and deliver consistent updates for free. 

Tile based Map Building

Dynamic Line of Sight (LOS) and Fog of War (FOW)

Map Fx Layers

1014ce5c3d13b8f42d2b1157542a99c0_origina

We have already devoted over 4 years and 10,000 developer hours to this project. Any funds raised will help us push it over the edge and begin work on new features and functionality. If the project does exceptionally well, this may even allow us to add even more resources to the team.

We have over 1200 existing DLC and add-ons. Our goal is to prioritize these by popularity and work on enhancing as many of these as we can. Without enhancements, they will continue to function as they always have in Fantasy Grounds Classic. You will be able to add dynamic line of sight to maps and begin using the new features straight away. As we work through this large back catalog of DLC, we will do all the enhancement and upgrade work for you so you can just load it up and begin using the advanced features without having to define any Line of Sight blockers yourself. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/smiteworks/fantasy-grounds-unity/description

• Like 5

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By paintybeard
      A new kickstarter project from Kev White:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hasslefriesian/artemis-20/description

Don't think I shall be backing this myself as I don't do much that is bigger than 54mm.

This seems to be happening off Kev's own bat and I don't think Hasslefree is involved. Whether that is a good thing or not I leave to your own judgement.
    • By Darsc Zacal
      Link to the kickstarter:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bombshellminis/bombshell-babes-4-female-miniatures
      -

• By Darcstaar
      My 5 1/2 yo son is super into Batman.  I had set up a Pathfinder game for the grownups, but only filled 2/4 seats.  My son has shown a little and growing interest in tabletop gaming.  So I made some stats for Batman as a Pathfinder character and used his LEGO Batman on the battle grid.

Here are how it came out: attributes were rolled.
      Race Human
      Class Ranger (Urban) lvl 1
      Str 16
      Dex 19 (+2 human)
      Con 14 
      Int 13
      Wis 14
      Cha 8

Favored Class Ranger +1 HP
      Trait: Rich Parents
      Trait: Deft Dodger (+1 Reflex)
      Favored Enemy Humanoid (human)
      Feat - Improved Unarmed Strike
      Feat Human - Exotic Weapon Prof - Shuriken

Skills - don’t remember exactly, sheet isn’t in front of me:
      Acrobatics, Craft (alchemy), Disable Device, knowledge (local), perception, Survival, Stealth

Gear- I took some liberties here for flavor:
      Mwk Studded Leather, Batarangs(shuriken shaped like a bat available in a lethal or non lethal variety), smoke bombs (combine thunderstone and smoke stick in one thrown item same price as both combined), Mwk thieves tools, sap, spiked gauntlets x 2 (his sharp things sticking out of his arms), Grapnel: (Light Crossbow + 50ft silk rope + Mwk grappling hook + 100gp to account for the “gnomish winch”) I would have loved to make it a hand crossbow, but didn’t want to waste two feats on exotics.  I just tacked on cost to the various gear to use up the gold from rich parents and still leave him with a good kit.

He made level two and I chose an alt. Option for weapon style: thrown weapon.  That gave him bonus feat of Precise Shot without needing Point Blank Shot, but I plan on adding it later.

Let me know what you think.

My son didn’t have the attention span to stay at the table for long: his cousins were in the pool, so he ended up there.  My friend always plays the Cleric, but he ran Batman as a second character and had a blast with it.
    • By Gadgetman!
      A bit late, as there's only 21Hours left at this time, but...

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/lumir-k-the-one-and-only-cooking-oil-led-lamp/x/10803452#/

I'm at the 'Get 1 Give 1' which means I'm getting one of these weird lamps, and a family without electricity in Cambodia also gets one. 

-----------

Overview Lumir K is a cooking oil powered LED lamp that converts the thermal energy of cooking oil into electricity. ▶Make an Impact- Bring the light to the people living without electricity. ▶1 Lumir K = 100X candlelight ▶Easy to Use-Just placing the lamp over the lit wick will turn the LED light on. ▶Accessible-Olive or canola oil, it doesn't matter what kind of cooking oil is. ▶Instant light-No need of charging or battery ▶Efficient-Consumes the only 5ml of oil for 1 hour of light ▶10-year life span

Small heat energy turns
      the 100 times brighter LED light.

Less Consumption, Less Emission

Lumir K converts the small thermal energy of cooking oil into electricity and it turns on the bright LEDs. This amazing lantern will light up where you want and it make an impact on the world where it is needed.

From now,
      Cooking oil turns to the power source of your lamp.

Lumir K uses cooking oil to generate electricity.
      Cooking oil is one of the cheapest and familiar ingredients as it is easily found from grocery stores in the city to tiny kiosk shops in a remote area.
      Olive, canola and sunflower oil, it doesn't matter what kind of cooking oil is. Without any batteries or external power supply, only with tiny flame which is as big as candle, Lumir K gives you an instant and 100 times brighter light.

Lumir K is an easy, accessible and sustainable solution for those who need a light.
      With a goal to light up the world, team Lumir had a successful campaign with our first product, candle powered LED lamp.
      We promised to keep developing solutions for families in the off-grid area and finally came back with Lumir K by improving efficiency and changing fuel as cooking oil.
      Lumir K achieved CE and its core technology is patented. We are happy to share this achievement with you, and we need your support to take one step further.
      Lumir K will brighten up anywhere light needs to touch.

Lumir has been resolving the light shortages and delivering the beauty of light.
      Our journey started from a small but momentous experience during the trip to India, learning that there are so many places around the world suffering from unreliable or no electricity supply.
      Among 1.2 billion who do not have access to electricity, most of them rely on candles or kerosene lamps which is dark, harmful for health and the environment. Using kerosene lamps indoors has the same effect as smoking 40 cigarettes and the cost for fuel takes up even 30% of the household's income.

Instead of unreliable supply,
      Isn't it be possible to maximize the light from a candle or a kerosene lamp?

That was the question that led us to invent Lumir K as an effective solution for the light shortage issue.
      In the case of kerosene lamps, only 10% of the energy from the fuel is used for illuminating because the flame itself is the direct light, and the rest, 90% of the energy is just scattered in the air as a heat. 
      However, Lumir K harnesses the wasted 90% of the heat energy to turn on the LEDs, so it is pretty economical as it provides a brighter light only with a small flame.

LUMIR K can be used anytime and anywhere while solar lamps has a big weather constraints in many areas like Indonesia where the average rainy days are more than 160 days. 

After our first crowdfunding campaign, we became a partner of KOICA, Korean International Cooperation Agency, and Lumir K was piloted in Indonesia.
      Lumir K provides 4.1 times brighter light than kerosene lamps, while its economic effect was also achieved with 80% lower fuel consumption compared to kerosene lamps. It also reduces carbon emissions by about 90%.

• By Al Capwn
      Didn't see a post on this one and it is in the final 24 hours. It is from Mythic Games, the originators of Mythic Battles series. This one is a bit less serious and more along the lines of Arcadia Quest/MOBA comic-fantasy theme.

It is a skirmish game for 2 or 4 players. Miniatures are on 45mm bases and fall in the 32-45mm range. It appears that the bases are pre-sculpted. If MB:P is any indicator, the quality of the miniatures should be pretty solid as well.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1162110258/super-fantasy-brawl/

• Who's Online   24 Members, 2 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)