• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Hi guys and gals,

two more figures from classic Rat Partha, these two are currently called "Beggars" but used to be part of a Children of the Night set that came with a seated old holy voodoo gentleman I painted recently.  Here's the original set:

and here are the two beggars:

and here is the front of the female beggar, linked for an exposed female mammal part dangling about:

Female Beggar, beware mammal parts!!

I didn't originally mean to give the male beggar a black eye, but his eye was actually just a small little slit, and I was going to leave it as a dark link. So I did the line, then did the black eye, but after that, because I just couldn't resist, I tried to put white over the slit, and even though the white slit kind of took over and made it big enough for an eyeball to go there too, I think it came out okay.

The two figures were pretty simple and they are rather small, being some nice old Dennis Mize 25mm.  If I remember to, I'll grab the quarter comparison shot one of these days.

and just in case you want to see the whole set, I'm sticking the little old drummer voodoo priest here as well:

to show the complete set!

So hope you enjoy, thanks for having a look!
    • By lazarp
      I've got this mini in the legend of drizzt board game last december and I just hated it right off the bat. The weird pose, lack of details, undefined face, I could go on... Also, something that was quite striking about it was the lack of feminine detalis and a kind of a masculine look of the female ranger  It looked to me more like a man dressed as a female ranger, and I found that quite funny and promising!

As I've thought more about it, it reminded me of Doris from "Sherk" and Okama characters from "One Piece", which I both love!

So those characters inspired me to paint Catti in a similar fashion, which I believe gave the mini much needed character. I like how it turned out and I think she will make an interesting pc or npc in our dnd campaign! 
      Enjoy! 

• By lazarp
      So this is the test figure for my orc warband for frostgrave and mordhein (WIP thread here)

I like the palette so far and I'm happy how this guy turned out. I will post other minis as I paint them. Cheers! 

• By 72moonglum
      Hello guys and gals,

so I've been wanting to paint some dinosaurs for a while, so here is my first official one, a ceratosaurus, sculpted by Dennis Mize in the early eighties for his Ral Partha range Children of the Night.

As always, the hardest part was to come up with a color scheme as I keep thinking "dinosaurs - green or grey" and don't really want to fall in to that trap at all. I've got more of them so I want to try different color schemes and patterns, maybe some stripes and spots and what not.

This is one of the bigger ones I have. He's on a oval base probably for 50mm figures I'm guessing?  Can't actually remember where I found the base, but glad I had it sitting around.

As I look at Mize's figures from this period and with all his dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts, I wish he would have made some cavemen as well.  He did some primitive-looking figures later with his Beastmasters, but I would have really liked just some shaggy-haired guys and gals to accompany all these beasts.
    • By 72moonglum
      Hi guys,

two more figures that I just finished, really simple paint jobs with limited color palettes and being animals and all. They are both sculpted by Dennis Mize back in the day and came from his Children of the Night series.

I did the Hunting Cat in pure black with some highlights and for the Therapsid, I kind of wanted him pale, and unhealthy looking. He reminds me a little bit of a not-so naked mole rat:

Pretty simple and straight-forward figures, didn't take too long to paint. The hunting cat really only took a few hours, and the Therapsid a little bit more because he was three colors.  Anyway, hope you enjoy these little specimens of wildlife!
  • Who's Online   38 Members, 2 Anonymous, 53 Guests (See full list)