Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
buckyball

Duskwardens of Dreadmere

Recommended Posts

I was thinking of running Rangers of Shadow Deep at this year's Reapercon but rethemed as Duskwardens of Dreadmere. I think it might catch on a bit.

 

   buckyball

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, buckyball said:

I was thinking of running Rangers of Shadow Deep at this year's Reapercon but rethemed as Duskwardens of Dreadmere. I think it might catch on a bit.

 

   buckyball

I like it.

If I were able to go to ReaperCon, I would play this.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where can one find the fluff for Reaper's world? From buying their models (Warlord ones in particular)for years I know some of the names but don't really know any details. Anhuria, Maggotcrown, Dreadmere, Nekowhatsit, etc. I'm with Darsc Zacal. I realy like ROSD and would play a reskinned version. The kids were asking me last night if anybody had done maps or if there was more info on Alladore and that world. They were a bit sad when I said they already knew everything that's been printed.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zink said:

Where can one find the fluff for Reaper's world? From buying their models (Warlord ones in particular)for years I know some of the names but don't really know any details. Anhuria, Maggotcrown, Dreadmere, Nekowhatsit, etc. I'm with Darsc Zacal. I realy like ROSD and would play a reskinned version. The kids were asking me last night if anybody had done maps or if there was more info on Alladore and that world. They were a bit sad when I said they already knew everything that's been printed.

 

I think most of the Dreadmere fluff, at least in print form, has been circulated through ReaperCon events and handouts.  I remember there being a bound booklet in the swag bag last year.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Clearman said:

 

I think most of the Dreadmere fluff, at least in print form, has been circulated through ReaperCon events and handouts.  I remember there being a bound booklet in the swag bag last year.

 

There was a concise background on Dreadmere in last years program.

 

    Buckyball 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The lore might be a good thing to have on the website somewhere. One of the main appeals in Warhammer is the lore. I appreciate Reaper not going off the rails on the books etc... but if the material is already written out somewhere, having it easily accessible to those interesting is only a good thing.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoeGKushner said:

The lore might be a good thing to have on the website somewhere. One of the main appeals in Warhammer is the lore. I appreciate Reaper not going off the rails on the books etc... but if the material is already written out somewhere, having it easily accessible to those interesting is only a good thing.

 

I agree.  I know the various games that Reaper has produced kind of go by the way-side because Reaper has always maintained that they are a miniatures company first, not a game company.  I really appreciate this.  But the lore side of things would be easy to build and maintain, especially if it was just in web form.  I also think it would actually be a draw to purchasing the miniatures.

 

It would be really cool if they started to roll in the Warlord factions in with Dreadmere into a larger setting as a whole.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2019 at 11:58 PM, buckyball said:

I was thinking of running Rangers of Shadow Deep at this year's Reapercon but rethemed as Duskwardens of Dreadmere. I think it might catch on a bit.

 

   buckyball

I like this idea!

 

On 5/2/2019 at 10:23 AM, Zink said:

Where can one find the fluff for Reaper's world? From buying their models (Warlord ones in particular)for years I know some of the names but don't really know any details. Anhuria, Maggotcrown, Dreadmere, Nekowhatsit, etc. I'm with Darsc Zacal. I realy like ROSD and would play a reskinned version. The kids were asking me last night if anybody had done maps or if there was more info on Alladore and that world. They were a bit sad when I said they already knew everything that's been printed.

@ReaperWolf is the guy to talk to about Dreadmere lore.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking over that PDF, we really need some 'Meremaids...especially if it's in Bones 5.  They're a classic monster that's surprisingly missing from the Bones range.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have enough terrain to run all the introductory scenarios. We could just tweek them for the Dreadmere setting so that people may learn the game. Or if everyone has already played these scenarios, we could make up a series of specific Dreadmere games. Or a little of both. Have people already played through the eight scenarios of the first three missions?

 

   Buckyball 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We finished all of the published scenarios from the main rules, Bloodmoon and Temple of Madness and a couple homemade ones. Took me way longer to prepare for Burning Light than it did for us to play it. The rest were possible with only a minimum of new stuff. #2 son was really getting into making scenarios when my spring work hit and we stalled. Once we finish off the current mission I want to write them up properly to share with people. Nothing really new, just a bunch of ideas pulled from everywhere in a slightly different form. One good part about it is that now we're using things we already have finished with the odd new addition so makes for less work getting ready.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wondering if Burning Light was quick - is Temple of Madness similar? Those are the two campaigns/missions I have left to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Burning Light is going pretty slowly for us. It would be cool to set up the whole convent and play the campaign over a weekend. But I don’t think I have enough terrain for that.

 

 

   Buckyball 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×