Sign in to follow this  
buckyball

Duskwardens of Dreadmere

Burning Light is 9 scenarios if you play them all. Temple of Madness is 4 scenarios. I spent about 2 months getting things ready  to play Burning Light and we cruised through all of it over a few days. The good part is a lot of the stuff got used in lots of scenarios and will be useful in the future. The kids wanted to do Temple of Madness so quick that I didn't have time to make and paint all the special stuff. Came close but had to proxy a bit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don’t yet own the Rangers of Shadow Deep rulebooks so I don’t know what kind of terrain is needed, but if this doesn’t say Dreadmere I don’t know what does.

78A40B21-0F4C-4805-92BD-444CE241DC9A.thumb.jpeg.bbc576fbafb9e19aa76aa13b018640f4.jpeg

Its from GW and for their LOTR line, which is a slightly smaller scale than the Warhammer Fantasy line, but it might be close enough to be useable.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I don’t yet own the Rangers of Shadow Deep rulebooks so I don’t know what kind of terrain is needed, but if this doesn’t say Dreadmere I don’t know what does

Its from GW and for their LOTR line, which is a slightly smaller scale than the Warhammer Fantasy line, but it might be close enough to be useable.

For those with 3D Printers, there's a lot of great terrain for a swamp/coastal69d0d03709b465d1104ac81d7b601415_original.png?ixlib=rb-2.0.0&w=680&fit=max&v=1558732222&auto=format&gif-q=50&lossless=true&s=326a237e31e9b2729dc72508d7321765 town like Dreadmere in the "Depths of Savage Atoll" Kickstarter:

4e769d4a95dad707a61f94bf91da1607_original.png?ixlib=rb-2.0.0&w=680&fit=max&v=1557963523&auto=format&gif-q=50&lossless=true&s=00a21f1d62038b993226d316d486cb82

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Wanted to get your opinions.

I went into the only GW store left in Greater Vancouver today to check the scale of their buildings compared to a couple of Reapers Dreadmere minis.

FC453E17-6E5A-4E2C-8675-023661293A5B.thumb.jpeg.680ee90983aba8798071ff2a7b0bd7b9.jpeg

D101A938-D064-48F9-8178-EABCABE75FA3.thumb.jpeg.545d5afc19dcf400ba47267d9431ddfe.jpeg

The doorways are shorter than the figs and the docks are a bit narrow, but I do have a dock set from a Kickstarter that I can use with this.

Will the buildings work?

• Like 10

Darsc, they look like they work to me. They would be right at head hight without the base it looks like. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Will the buildings work?

Yes. Particularly if you have the good sense to base the buildings in order to, in a very literal sense, Level The Playing Field. 

The figures in your pic are on integral bases which are about 3-4mm thick. That translates to about 8 inches of extra height at scale. You might look a little too tall for doorways if you were a tall man to begin with (let’s call those two figs tall guys) and then somebody permanently strapped cinder blocks to your boots and then stood you next to a door. 

This is easily fixed: Add a sill plate, a real actual, legit, construction feature to the buildings. (Which I See is missing from the building in the picture.) Grind down the bases to the same thickness as a penny. Then re-compare. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

The doorways are shorter than the figs and the docks are a bit narrow, but I do have a dock set from a Kickstarter that I can use with this.

Will the buildings work?

As dioramas, they would look a bit out of scale. Though I'll note that many medieval buildings had doors much smaller than we do now, in part to force people to duck as they entered and make themselves a bit more vulnerable to defenders.

For gaming, I don't see a problem.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

For gaming, I don't see a problem.

Good. It’s gaming I’d like to get them for, though I won’t be able to get them right away.

• Like 2

A few years ago, LeMax had some oceanside scenery for their Christmas village. And some... pretty swampy looking trees.

94548.jpg?w=350&max-h=350

Sadly, the wharves, piers, and boardwalks have all been retired.

41CE7irzuzL._SX466_.jpg

The Auld Grump

• Like 3

7 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

A few years ago, LeMax had some oceanside scenery for their Christmas village. And some... pretty swampy looking trees.

41CE7irzuzL._SX466_.jpg

The Auld Grump

I own some of those piers. I can include them with what I am bringing to ReaperCon 

• Like 1

Here is a link to the plant monster and vines I painted for the Herb store scenario in Burning Light

https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/62541528_10157297703528926_8176561891183689728_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_oc=AQkfOcLP9npxEF2s0Vnzc7656ludJ52WOHVF76ZzxrvLiX5Nb3HOiJJSrwCCzJeiBhMZ-KDVtF00XOLlSHNC9Gp-&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=ae9e5d922572ac54a24691af8c32b896&oe=5D9BA94A

The plant monster is a Reaper miniature from Bones 3. the vines are made of pipeclearner sections glued to 1" bases.

buckyball

• Like 2

On 6/8/2019 at 3:18 PM, TheAuldGrump said:

41CE7irzuzL._SX466_.jpg

The Auld Grump

I remember Molly's elf trying to bullrush a dwarf brawler on one of those docks.

He stayed where he was, and she went into the drink! :lol: He's a dwarf longshoreman and she's a whispy elf rogue, and she was SURPRISED! Good times! Good times!

• Haha 2

On ‎05‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 3:34 PM, buckyball said:

I have enough terrain to run all the introductory scenarios. We could just tweek them for the Dreadmere setting so that people may learn the game. Or if everyone has already played these scenarios, we could make up a series of specific Dreadmere games. Or a little of both. Have people already played through the eight scenarios of the first three missions?

Buckyball 

On ‎05‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 12:51 AM, buckyball said:

Burning Light is going pretty slowly for us. It would be cool to set up the whole convent and play the campaign over a weekend. But I don’t think I have enough terrain for that.

Buckyball 

I've never really sat down to play DND at ReaperCon but would definitely love to get in and try to help a team out with whatever adventures. I can bring some terrain and/or tabletop painted monsters or miniatures to help out.

How do people sign up for DND games? I've literally never tried. Buy tickets like for the classes??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adrift said:

I've never really sat down to play DND at ReaperCon but would definitely love to get in and try to help a team out with whatever adventures. I can bring some terrain and/or tabletop painted monsters or miniatures to help out.

How do people sign up for DND games? I've literally never tried. Buy tickets like for the classes??

Hey Adrift. For D&D, I think you may want to contact ReaperWolf. I believe he is organizing the Dreadmere Dungeons and Dragons games. I am hoping to run a game called Rangers of Shadow Deep, but I am calling it Duskwardens of Dreadmere to match the convention's setting. You are more than welcome to play in my games, IF I can get them on the schedule. Last year I tried to run Frostgrave but it didn't get on the schedule and we only played a few pickup games.

Games should be added to the schedule like the classes were, but I dont know when that will happen. And you will register for them like classes. At least that was how it was last year.

buckyball

• Like 3