bojesphob

Thunderfoot behemoth - Bones 4

Looks really nice!

I think this is the first behemoth I've seen painted.

Thanks, guys! It was a fun one to paint! I am trying to decide what to paint next. I am futzing around with the barbarian triceratops man while I decide what I want to paint next...

Edited by bojesphob
  • Like 1

Thanks again everyone :) Next up is the Dragon Turtle! I found some pictures of sea turtles and am using them as inspiration for it. Will definitely be posting that one when I'm done!

• Like 2

On 5/3/2019 at 10:20 PM, Lostraven said:

Wow very lifelike.

Ironic since noone have ever seen a living one... But yeah VERY lifelike. Id love for you to tell us what colors you used fro Base/Wash/Drybrush I so want to rip you off LOL

1 hour ago, amuller33 said:

Ironic since noone have ever seen a living one... But yeah VERY lifelike. Id love for you to tell us what colors you used fro Base/Wash/Drybrush I so want to rip you off LOL

If I recall correctly, this is the process I used:

base (all but stomach): GW Castellan Green (I think, I'll have to double check, it was either this or WAAAGH! Green)

base (stomach): Privateer Press P3 Trollblood base

Markings (none on stomach): Reaper Bones 4 Styx Purple layered up with Sorcerous Mist
    If you notice, there are some purplish areas around the eyes and the nose area. These I did in the Styx, then only put one mark of Mist on the front of the nose area.
    There are circular designs on the frills, and stripes on the body

Wash: GW Agrax Earthshade (brown) on stomach and body

Highlight on stomach: P3 Trollblood highlight

Dry brush on body/stomach: light dry brush of P3 Bootstrap Leather, then another light drybrush of P3 Rucksack Tan, then a VERY light dry brush of GW Pallid Wych Flesh

Horns/beak/toes: I'm going to have to figure out what I used for the base color, I can't remember. But, I did use that color, then washed with Agrax Earthshade, then highlighted up with Pallid Wych Flesh

Eyes: White (base white, can't remember what brand I used), bright orange (Reaper IIRC), with a slighly diluted wash of GW Casandora Yellow

• Like 2

For anyone interested, the base color for the horns was GW Markarth Flesh before being washed with GW Agrax Earthshade. I think that was what I used, although I might have also used the Vampire Shadow, since that is essentially the same color and I have both sitting right next to each other in my paint box LOL