Sign in to follow this  
Lostraven

Graveyard Scenics

Wonderful. The marble is excellent, but it needs a gloss coat to be convincing. Brush on Future or gloss varnish, or tape the sides and spray with a spray gloss.

• Like 2

Good call, I added a couple of coats of Citadel ‘Ardcoat to the marble top of the alter and it looks much better now. Thanks.

• Like 1

How did you paint the flat top of the table?

I hate painting flat! :upside:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TheOldGuard
      Grrrrrrrrr..............

Did you hear that?

Hear what?

Grrrrrrrrrr.........

That, I just heard it again. Didn't you?

No, I didn't hear a th.. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....... Wait, yes I think I did.

Grrrrrrrrr.........

Grrrrrrrr..... Grrrrrrrrr.......Grrrrrrrr............

Er, has any one got any rations left?.....

Grrrrrrrrrrrr...............

Theres a good boy, sit, siiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...............

• By astolat
      This was the must-have from Bones 4 for me! I cut off and modded the legs and created the base with apoxie sculpt so the hut can be placed on its own or on the legs. The paint scheme is "chicken" ;) 

I can't even remember all the colors I used on this thing, it was a mad mix of Reaper browns and golds, Pokorny terracotta, homemade washes, and I pretty much just kept going at it until I was happy. I hit everything with a matte varnish except several coats of gloss varnish on the window glass. 

• By Lostraven
      This is the Bones 4 version of Hakon, Iconic Skald (60182) that comes as part of the Pathfinder Iconics II stretch goal. This figure was on my wish list so I was really happy to see it in the Kickstarter. He reminds me of Thorin Oakenshield from The Hobbit (film).

• By Chris Palmer
      This past week I painted the Djinni figure from the Fan Favorites set.     When I first saw this figure in the Kickstarter, being a child of the 60's and 70's, the first image that flashed in my mind was Jeannie from the classic  I Dream of Jeannie TV show.   I knew that this was the color scheme I wanted to use on my Djinni figure. :)  

I made a couple changes to the figure.  First, I separated the lamp portion of the integral base so I could mount it on a different base; and Second, I mounted the sword the correct way as it is shown in the concept art, not upside down and left-handed as the figure comes.

Here's the write-up on my Bones Blog: Djinni Painting Article

• By EvilJames
      Finished up one of my first bones 4 minis.  The unnamed big brother to the bones 3 barbarian.

He's a simple table top job, though I probably could have shaded a few details more. Like his bracelet.

I used an ink wash too shade the fur of his cloak and loin cloth. It worked great except they are now both very shiny. I could tone them down with some matte sealer, bit I think I'm just going to declare them magical.

Someone's grumpy today.

here he is with his unfinished little brother. Little brother's weapons ate a bit mor floppy unfortunately. They'll likely take a few hot water baths to fix.

• Who's Online   14 Members, 1 Anonymous, 80 Guests (See full list)