Ouroboros - Exquis: modern day women busts.

Cicciopiu

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to go in for at least one, but I just ordered Aradia's limited fairy so perhaps I should hit pause on more big figures right now. I really like this set though. They're really lively and full of painting potential. 

• Like 5

That's a very beautifuk fairy.   

I'm kind of sad that I missed that one, but my walled isn't complaining that much...

The really nice thing with the busts in this KS is that they're pretty much a 'blank canvas' 

There's no re-defined tattoos or scars, no real good or evil features,. 

It's up to the painter to decide the end result. 

• Like 5

They are also rather rare in being casual-modern setting. There are lots of historical male busts, and a few women. There is a wide range of fantasy busts to choose from. There is a decent amount of sci-fi. These ladies? They're modern, but you could easily urban-fantasy them, or low-tech sci-fi them. Or any number of options, just by their normalcy. I also really like the inclusion of a woman with a fully floofed Afrian style mane, and a Native American style woman. Some could also be painted to be a bit more Asian. They're doing well with representation. And heck, one of them totally gives me a "Mom" vibe which I think is great. 

Kinda tempted to put in a token of support, even if not a bust. 

• Like 5

• Artists

I love the concept, and the execution! And hate the many unexpected expenses I currently suffer... Ah well, there's always retail! Hopefully.

• Like 3

Glad you guys like them and also get that we wanted to do something different. As some of you said there are many scifi, historical and fantasy pieces out there but not as much 'modern day' stuff. When we started out with this project we didn't know what to expect but wow, it's been well received! We are already talking about which to do next. ::): 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, The Gibbergeist said:

Glad you guys like them and also get that we wanted to do something different. As some of you said there are many scifi, historical and fantasy pieces out there but not as much 'modern day' stuff. When we started out with this project we didn't know what to expect but wow, it's been well received! We are already talking about which to do next. ::): 

Modern non-gruff non-threatening fellows? Smiling dude with his kiddo? 

• Like 6