It's that time of year again.  Those of us in the US have a 3 day holiday weekend coming up (May 24-27) and I am challenging you all to join me in a massively multiplayer paint binge!   Everyone is welcome to join, even if you can only paint for one day. 

The object is to finish as many figures as possible. Quantity counts over quality. All manufacturers are fair game, posting of WIPs and finished pieces is strongly encouraged. You may prep and prime figures before hand, in fact I recommend it. Get out all those new Bones,  old primed or half painted figures and get ready to finish them! 

Got an army to finish, need to move some half painted terrain off your desk, want to tackle that dragon for the big figure contest? This is the time.  All manufacturers are fair game. 

Prep and prime your figures now so they are all ready to go Saturday morning (or if you're taking a 4 day weekend, Friday morning). Have your camera ready to share photos.  Photos strongly encouraged! 

For this holiday there is a special extra challenge: paint a figure in memory of a lost friend, pet or loved one. Anything goes. 

Painting begins at 00:01 May 24 and ends 23:59 May 27, in your time zone.  

Those of you who video chat are welcome to set up channels.

Link to 2017 Challenge

Link to 2016 Challenge

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Well, it will not be memorial day weekend, BUT I will be binging on 32 Mouslings that I need done by the morning of May 17th (and they don't get here till the 10th), so I'll try and get WIP and finished pics. It's little gifts for my son to give out at school for his classmates for his birthday (he told everyone I was doing it, so now I am committed haha). I am getting dungeons and doggies from Miniature Market, so I will do the husky in Memory of our husky we had (His name was spirit) 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I haven't managed to paint anything yet this year; hopefully this will kickstart me outta this slump.

• Like 6

I’m in. I don’t know how much time I will have since I’m also scheduled to binge bake cookies for my son and daughter-in-law’s wedding reception. ::D:

• Like 7

I fail at this every year.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Set yourself up for success.  Prep and prime figures now. Put the date in your calendar with a reminder.  Do a few practice runs this week.  I've been trying to get ~45 mins each night at the work table, to get my hands, wrists, and back into shape for the long weekend.  Don't want to get knocked out on the first day with hand cramps.

• Like 4

I'd love to paint for a bit again! ^_^ 

Hmm... End of May. I've put Ma'al on hold since we're packing and whatnot, but Narthrax, my skintone practices, and hopefully my next couple of minis will need some paint by then!

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Don't want to get knocked out on the first day with hand cramps

As luck would have it, by happenstance I have been issued a wrist brace for the first time ever:

87ABFF41-830A-4CE6-8235-EEC6D9A90934.thumb.jpeg.ac0d4e30dbcb75fb8667281ae7ff10de.jpeg

:upside:

Not saying that like it is a good thing. But I suppose it would be a worse thing if there were no braces for my dinged up wrist. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

I shall do my best to participate in this, as it's been too long since I have gotten to paint.

In addition to @Inarah's tips on figure priming, I'll add my own tips on prepping for those with body issues:

• get your wrist/elbow supports ready (@TGP literally posted as I typed this)
  • refill anti-inflammatory/pain med prescriptions
  • lay some thick foam down on the edge of your desk to cushion/soften those edges
  • air support cushion for the buttocks if your chair is still not comfy enough

In less seriousness for preparing:

• set up your painting desk up so you can sit on a toilet. Gotta save time where you can
  • learn to start your own IV bag. Gotta stay hydrated, and again, drinking takes time
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

I think I'll join in! I'll only have two days to work, but it will be cool to knock out some terrain and simple figures.

• Like 5

Sounds good to me! I picked out a couple baggies of Bones 4 figures, we'll see how many I get through!

• Like 5

Good tips Manvsmini!   Stay hydrated, and plan breaks so you can get up and stretch, and grab a quick bite.  

Fire_Eyes, two days worth of painting is better than no painting. :) 

Here's another tip: pick easy figures. A bunch of skeletons or goblins using the same colors is a good example.  That intricately sculpted, highly detailed competition piece... bad example. 

Have your phone or camera charged and ready to take pics as you go along.  Remember that sharing progress is part of the fun. 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Inarah said:

House painting? Or mini painting? 

Why not both?

More to the point, I picked out the bones 4 bog skeletons, ghouls and wraiths so I'm going to have a memorial day undead marathon. 

• Like 4