I have half a dozen assorted figures that are already based and primed that I set aside last night.  Then I pulled out 4 from the new core set, 3 fighter types and a wizard.  Working mostly with humans, and the large naga from KS 2 or 3. 

• Like 4

I got a mess of skeletons, animal companions, and terrain out. I'm likely going to prime way more than I'll be able to paint in two(.5?) days, but I suppose it's better than running out of primed minis :)

• Like 5

I might get some simpler figures out and see if I can scare up enough time to paint a dozen or so. Will depend on the weather and gaming that weekend though. If it's nice out I may end up going hiking instead. And my gaming group is kind of pushing me to designate that a role-playing weekend. But if those couple of things don't happen then this sounds like a lot of fun.

• Like 5

I'm watching the calendar with anticipation. Dusted off some undead skeleton units that never got finished. Started cleaning some moldlines off some new minis, in the unlikely event that I should finish those.

Still need to:

• Shake/mix up paint that's been settled too long.
  • Decide on which movie marathon to play in the background (Marvel is more enjoyable, but DC will get the rage painting flowing to up output).
  • Prime anything else I may want to sneak into the queue.

For anyone looking for some disposable brushes for basecoating and large batch painting, this week Hobby Lobby is having 50% off single and packaged sets of brushes from Master's Touch and Fine Touch lines.

• Like 5

I'll probably try to get onto the Google Hangout during the weekend if anyone wants to join in talking as we paint. I know that a bit of company helps me to maintain momentum.

On 5/9/2019 at 9:29 PM, Inarah said:

House painting? Or mini painting? 

Tape the minis to the walls and do both at the same time. It's efficient!

:B):

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

On 5/9/2019 at 2:07 PM, Morihalda said:

I'd love to paint for a bit again! ^_^ 

Hmm... End of May. I've put Ma'al on hold since we're packing and whatnot, but Narthrax, my skintone practices, and hopefully my next couple of minis will need some paint by then!

It turns out we'll be visiting his parents that weekend, but I'll do my best to get some painting in Thursday and Friday!

The timing worked out well for this: I'm packing the closet this week and the next week is my art desk. So I'll get a good bit of time in before I pack. :D

• Like 4

I think I have my figures all ready to go. Need to clean the paint desk, palette and water bowl this week.

My starting line-up:

DSCN1026.jpg.b84a31ab6e476a4c0094ac4cb2c7e5a6.jpg

On deck:

DSCN1024.jpg.6624fb135706eb777cacd5c8a587dae0.jpg

In the bull-pen:

DSCN1025.jpg.6e1df2c95047f74d7abe077c7834142f.jpg

Outfielders:

DSCN1027.jpg.a98a2ebb3d34fccf086357014a903e6f.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Ill play, but I dont have big ambitions.  Most of my painting is done during the week, and weekends I spend more time with my family.

I will try to paint 3, at least one metal - from the Nog the Noggin boardgame set. 

• Like 6

I started priming two in black & white primer, putting in the shadows based on reference photos. 

- a style I learned to like in my Baroque experiment. 

I got carried away.  

The goal is to finish things, not do start-to-finish right?   I have a morning free to paint tomorrow and im not sure I can resist adding more paint.

memorial day prep.jpg

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Evilhalfling said:

I started priming two in black & white primer, putting in the shadows based on reference photos. 

- a style I learned to like in my Baroque experiment. 

I got carried away.  

The goal is to finish things, not do start-to-finish right?   I have a morning free to paint tomorrow and im not sure I can resist adding more paint.

I won't tell if you don't. 

I'm planning to paint a mixture of brand-new primed figures, and items that I started but didn't get very far on.  Yes, the object is to finish things. :) 

• Like 5

I have no idea how many painting days I'm going to have now, but I have a mess of skeletons and creatures ready to goIMG_20190523_000139080-600x600.jpg.aab0730f458b19052f31e4390c2b8d45.jpg

• Like 6

The challenge is begun!  Let the painting commence!

• Like 5

We'll see what gets done. It's going to be a busy weekend in addition this year; I still have to develop the shopping list for the baking binge mentioned above.  However, there are plenty of miniatures on the desk that could use some work! (Desk picture later...)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Inarah said:

The challenge is begun!  Let the painting commence!

So the official start was 0200 in the AM, RHQSDT. 

(Reaper Head Quarters Standard Daylight Time....that’s a thing, right? )

• Like 2
  • Haha 2