I am at my in-laws' house today to let their contractors install the last window. I still wanted to participate with something easy to pack. I chose Narthrax, my Boelon's python. He'll be a black dragon so I brought black, two shades of grey, and white.

Yes, I do plan on iridescent scales. :wub:

• Like 4

I have events to work/attend Friday and Saturday, plus yard work, but I should still squeeze in some basing and making progress on a couple of projects.

• Like 4

I have a chemo infusion today and then we'll see if I'm good for anything this evening. New drug so I don't know what the side effects will be. 

And my silly game group wants to play tomorrow. The nerve of some people. ::P:  Maybe I'll start with one of the demons they are about to encounter. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

This morning's progress. Don't be fooled by my single light source giving nice shadows.

pixlr_20190524110246604.thumb.jpg.60562582406d624d5c3ff25674d3da62.jpg

Guess who remembered that this python has a pale belly immediately after painting the entire underside black? This girl.... :rolleyes:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I've got my skeletons dusted off. Paints are out. Music playlist prepared. Already-seen movie selections made so I won't get distracted (except Wonder Woman, because, well distraction by Gal Gadot is unavoidable).

Hit it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

@Morihalda Where did you get that palette?  I usually use a wet palette, but that looks nifty and fits in tight places, too.

• Like 4

On 5/18/2019 at 8:49 AM, Doug Sundseth said:

I'll probably try to get onto the Google Hangout during the weekend if anyone wants to join in talking as we paint. I know that a bit of company helps me to maintain momentum.

Fun fact, I first started what is now the Reaper forum Google Hangout for the Memorial Day Paint Binge Challenge 2016. I accidentally on purpose lured in a Buglips and we've been happily driving each other crazier ever since. :wub:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

I should be able to steal at least a little time to paint tonight, and a little more at some point this weekend. My youngest just got diagnosed with pneumonia today so he's needed a lot of snuggles. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, Serenity said:

@Morihalda Where did you get that palette?  I usually use a wet palette, but that looks nifty and fits in tight places, too.

Stephanie Law's Mini Pal-ette from her Kickstarter. I used to use a cheap tile from Home Depot, but I love that I can actually do glazes and washes now with this! The wells are small but deep, so it's perfect for my limited art space and they dry slower than wide, shallow wells.

Hugs to the little one, @Pineapple!!

--

Everything has some paint on it. I know the direction of my light source, so it's time to make some sense out of that. Roooar! More contrast!

IMG_20190524_142931.thumb.jpg.7288de04ef4e179fd8fbb7aa0fe91625.jpg

Edited by Morihalda
  • Like 8

First hiccup of the binge: caught the dang cat drinking from my rinse-water cup. I use non-toxic paints, and numerous people drink from their cups all the time, but those amounts in an average 170 lbs. human vs 13 lbs. cat... makes me nervous.

Called the vet, they said he should be ok, but not to let it happen again... as if a cat is actually going to listen to a human on what to or not to do...

Now I have to watch him just make sure he's ok... and cut a hole into the lid to the jar I use for painting so he can't get his head inside it again. He's on my pooh-list for today... I mean, he made me have to pause Wonder Woman when Gal was strutting in slow-mo across no-man's land!

• Like 5

@ManvsMini---I wouldn't worry about the kitty drinking some of your paint rinse water, one of mine did it a few times and she's perfectly fine.

I mean, don't let 'em drink all they want, but a little bit once shouldn't do anything harmful.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Evilhalfling said:

I painted part of my kitchen..... 

and a yeti.

This alone made my day.

The Yeti is great, too. He looks like a wampa ice creature.

Edited by SisterMaryNapalm
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Fire_Eyes said:

I finished a slime! 

IMG_20190524_182311396-800x800.thumb.jpg.26cdd52ebed6423ecec7401658cc9853.jpg

Looks like a ... micro ... aehm ... wave.

Joking aside - I really like it. Can't see much on my small screen, but what I see is quite cool.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1