Adrift

4 Bones Speedpaints - Bones 4 Undead Friar

Great work! It's always interesting to see people's assessment of their own work. These are well beyond what I could get out of speed painting. 

Edited by Pineapple
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Adrift said:

#1 A Chainmail orc from WotC circa early 2000s

Chainmail orc.jpg

oh WOW I haven't see one of those for a long time.  I still have mine, one of the first minis I ever painted.  Wish I knew where I put it.

Edited by Bane Of Humanity
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

oh WOW I haven't see one of those for a long time.  I still have mine, one of the first minis I ever painted.  Wish I knew where I put it.

I’m amazed at how flattened the sculpt is, but he needed to be painted up and added to my army of Bones orcs. 

• Like 1

All 4 look good. My favorite is the ogre - really like the skin tone and the thick skinned sun weathered look of his belly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Adrift said:

I’m amazed at how flattened the sculpt is, but he needed to be painted up and added to my army of Bones orcs. 

It is still to this day my favorite Orc sculpt for D&D.  

• Like 1

If this is a result of "speedpaint" I would like to see what you create if you take your time lol. Really, really damned good for speedpaint whatever this means. How long dit you paint on each miniature? I also like them all.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Venun
      I tried a new (cheap) primer on this guy, and it seems to work well. Wasn't that enthused when I saw his size, but happy now that he's painted up with a nice result (if I say so myself)

• By Brianuk
      I think I have got the right mini name. He or she is from Fan Favourites. Painted simply, Scale 75 black metal, then a wash, then drybrush with Army Painter rough iron/rust colour. Tried to do a water effect on the base, layers of gloss mod podge with green ink and bits of wood from a log bag in the middle. 

• By Venun
      Bones4 Roper.

This guy screamed to be painted, chewing the head off the Bones4 painting progress for me :)

• By Nethear
      Finished painting the Roc as a Thunderbird. I lost patience halfway through, so not much blending and proper highlighting.

• By Inarah
      It's that time of year again.  Those of us in the US have a 3 day holiday weekend coming up (May 24-27) and I am challenging you all to join me in a massively multiplayer paint binge!   Everyone is welcome to join, even if you can only paint for one day. 

The object is to finish as many figures as possible. Quantity counts over quality. All manufacturers are fair game, posting of WIPs and finished pieces is strongly encouraged. You may prep and prime figures before hand, in fact I recommend it. Get out all those new Bones,  old primed or half painted figures and get ready to finish them! 

Got an army to finish, need to move some half painted terrain off your desk, want to tackle that dragon for the big figure contest? This is the time.  All manufacturers are fair game. 

Prep and prime your figures now so they are all ready to go Saturday morning (or if you're taking a 4 day weekend, Friday morning). Have your camera ready to share photos.  Photos strongly encouraged! 

For this holiday there is a special extra challenge: paint a figure in memory of a lost friend, pet or loved one. Anything goes. 

Painting begins at 00:01 May 24 and ends 23:59 May 27, in your time zone.  

Those of you who video chat are welcome to set up channels.

Link to 2017 Challenge
      Link to 2016 Challenge

• Who's Online   36 Members, 5 Anonymous, 122 Guests (See full list)