Sign in to follow this  
72moonglum

Ral Partha Hooded Fighter with sword and shield by Julie Guthrie

Great facial expression, I like that green and good work on the shield!

I love these classics!

• Like 1

Just now, Glitterwolf said:

Great facial expression, I like that green and good work on the shield!

I love these classics!

Thanks Glitterwolf, I'm very partial to these classics as well, wish more people would keep painting them!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 72moonglum said:

Thanks Glitterwolf, I'm very partial to these classics as well, wish more people would keep painting them!

I have many Grenadier and some Old Partha's as well as the IronWind Metals and Mirliton versions of a few.

They will see paint...

soon_tm_red_trucker_hat.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Another great oldie and another great job!  I love the textures you got on his cloak and leather tunic/gauntlets.  And his face is wonderful - great expression.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I have many Grenadier and some Old Partha's as well as the IronWind Metals and Mirliton versions of a few.

They will see paint...

soon_tm_red_trucker_hat.jpg

I will be waiting patiently for their appearance!

9 minutes ago, Warlady said:

Another great oldie and another great job!  I love the textures you got on his cloak and leather tunic/gauntlets.  And his face is wonderful - great expression.

Thank you very much Warlady!

28 minutes ago, Loim said:

Fantastic

Thank you Loim!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 72moonglum said:

I will be waiting patiently for their appearance!

Wait!

These are from Ral Partha and I just finished them!

Honour is saved! *** Puts away Seppuku Set***

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/86238-ral-partha-kirinn-two-versions-by-glitterwolf/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Redd Knekk said:

Beautiful job on my favorite sculptor’s classic work. Awesomeness.

Thank you Redd!  Yeah, I'm very partial to Julie Guthrie's sculpts, every time I paint another one I like her style even more. One of these days I want to get around to painting some of her old Elfquest figures, that are absolutely beautiful!

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

Wait!

These are from Ral Partha and I just finished them!

Honour is saved! *** Puts away Seppuku Set***

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/86238-ral-partha-kirinn-two-versions-by-glitterwolf/

Your honor has definitely been restored, those are awesome kirinn!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You really did justice to the wonderful face - his coloring is perfect. Love the cloak contrast with the shield as well - he looks like he could drop the shield and disappear into the forest if needed!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Iridil said:

You really did justice to the wonderful face - his coloring is perfect. Love the cloak contrast with the shield as well - he looks like he could drop the shield and disappear into the forest if needed!

But while he has that shield in his hands he's a pretty good target...

12 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

Pants are for lesser men.

My wife makes me wear pants. Believe me, I've tried to get out of it.

12 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

Pants are for lesser men.

but also I kind of wondered if he wouldn't actually be wearing pants, but the close tightness of the musculature, plus no "wrinkle" lines that sometimes gets put around joints, made me believe he was indeed a pantless wonder.

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this