Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
My second project for Fealron marked off a few firsts: First magnetization, first mounted cavalry, first Pugh sculpt.
Here you can see the 2mm magnets inserted strategically.
This is how he sits mounted. But, I wanted to keep it removable, thus the magnets. I confirmed it would stay in place upside-down!
A sharpened paper clip acting as the scaffold for the horn. I also sharpened the lance tip. It comes cylindrical out of the blister.
Green putty to make the horn and cover/reinforce the magnets.
White brush on primer, Black on the base.
I tried a little experiment with the base coat to give the bone a more orange look: 1:1 Ruddy Flesh:Desert Stone. It may become my go-to for bone work.
There's a patch of wasteground on Beechwood Avenue where the old primary school used to stand until destroyed by a bomb on the afternoon of April 11, 1941.
Locals have long said that spot is haunted. Pedestrians say there's a cold patch as you walk past it. Kids dare each other to touch the walls, although few actually will. Dogs shy away from the area.
Some people even claim to have seen a small girl wearing a gasmask.
This is all obviously rubbish.
But Rose is still waiting for her mummy.
This is my second Attic Whisperer. I decided on pink for her (I still think of this mini as female) to complement the blue one. I wanted to put something on her base this time and @3vil3lvis and @Fencig both gave me some good ideas in their comments on my first effort (although making a bassinet at this scale, as Fencig suggested, is a fantastic idea but a bit out of my skill range). So I thought about just painting a circled pentagram on the plastic card floorboards and putting her inside it, but as I can't even freehand a short straight line that idea went out the window and left me having to repaint the base.
Then I remembered that last year I'd bought a set of accessories called Wizard's Study, or something like that (the packaging is long gone; I cannot remember the manufacturer but this company's minis are grey pre-primed plastic, so if anyone knows tell me in the comments.) So I dug them out of my bits box, picked a small pile of books and a clear bottle, painted the books and glazed the bottle and glued them in place, then attached the Whisperer.
I thought the base needed another element so I cut some 2mm plastic rod into short lengths, drilled them out, inserted small pieces of brass wire for the wick and painted them to look like candles. I added the runnels of wax and the pool of wax using Liquitex modelling paste. Looking at them in the photos I should have used thinner wire.
I'm happy with the figure and accessories, but the floorboards need to be better. I decided on black this time for a change and to give a strong contrast to the mini and other elements but as I can barely paint brown wood realistically, I should have realised that they'd look like stone.
As always, comments and criticisms are welcome.
I'm actually thinking about buying another set of these figures.
It looks like there's a random flake of tan paint below her jaw. I can't see it on the actual figure, so it must have fallen off after I took the pic. I really have to remember to "dust" the minis with a brush before photographing them.
I knocked this one up last night. I couldn't believe how small the figure is but it was fun to paint, and I'm still trying to get the hang of layering rather than drybrushing to highlight cloth. I basically ripped off the colour scheme of the example on the Reaper site. The "floorboards" are strips of plastic card. She (for some reason I keep thinking of the mini as a she) was a bit lost even on a 10mm base so I added the dried bloodstain. I'm not sure if it's worked but I couldn't think of anything else to put there.
My girlfriend upon seeing this: "You've finished another one? Let me have a look GET THAT THING AWAY FROM ME IT'S HORRIBLE!"
Kevin Williams did a fantastic job on making such a small sculpt be so unbelievably creepy.
Hi everyone, it's been some time. I recently completed the individual base for the Fox Critters I painted lately. I stuck a magnet under each model and in each base socket. This way, each model and base are interchangeable. I will now build a large diorama base on which there will also be magnet encrusted socket to hold and display all the models together. As suggested by @Boaz , I used flat magnetic tape, it was easy to cut to the shape and size I needed. I used Reaper's 40mm round base and filled them with green stuff that I carved like grass. I then added natural stones and painted birch tree seeds shell and dry roots for the trees and dead gnarled branches. These 28mm pewter models were all sculpted by Dave Summers for Dark Sword Miniatures.
Who's Online 17 Members, 0 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)