Sign in to follow this  
Knight of the Dinner Table

28mm Hard Plastic Fauns

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rgdgaming/help-us-make-28mm-hard-plastic-fauns-for-your-tabl/description

image.thumb.png.d740b3974d693a11658e0b231789b402.png

Quite a long time ago, this project was on KS for the first time. The creator had a lot to learn about material, options on sprues, poses etc ... so the first KS lost momentum. He sure took his time and now he's back and it looks to me (at first glance) that he definitely did his homework. It might me a niche "army", but I'm definitely interested in a pack of those fauns.

If some of the stretch goals get unlocked, there is some awesome stuff coming.

• Like 2

Hmm. If this was in individual faun miniatures I may be more interested than in the build-an-army form. I'd rather like one male, one female, one minotaur, one centaur type thing. I have no need for dozens. 

• Like 1

Well, the basic box comes with enough to build 20. I'm also not after an army, but with all the options, I guess I can use a group of 10-20.

and: lowest pledge level: This reward is an easy way to pledge an amount that can be applied to the end of the kickstarter, without being confined to the warband, war party, and army in a box pledges. We understand you would like to customize your pledge if allowed, so along with this option, we will be offering an online store after the kickstarter to grab items that are due to be unlocked. Backers will be contacted by email to finalize.

I don't know if that includes to option to get only one sprue (that's three models) ... maybe you could ask the creator?

image.thumb.png.c9e898f4df4f99867f406e0cdf6bf870.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

hmm. I only want the female ones (if unlocked) but could use 40 of them. Will keep an eye. I have plenty of beastmen that fill the need of the males.

• Like 2

I backed their first project which failed to fund. This relaunch has a higher funding goal and lower cost per model (the first was $25 for 10 fauns, this is $30 for 20 with a pewter minotaur). The time since the first project was well spent, the page looks a lot better this time around. For anyone interested, the first project had a great updates section, with tons of concept art and early renders. It's a good look behind the curtain for what goes into a project like this. Here's a link to check them out: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rgdgaming/plastic-injection-mold-for-32mm-fantasy-faun-minia/updates

Hopefully it will fund and hit some stretch goals, the females were a lovely design and the centaur options look good as well. I'm am not sure how you get 20 fauns from sprues of three though...

• Like 1

Their legs painted look more like stone to me, than fur. 

• Like 2

If you check out the concept art and renders their legs look like they are covered by leaves more than fur. It definitely looks rocky the way they painted them.

They just did a nice rework of the main page. They show contents of pledges, and mention that the box of 20 includes male and female figures. The reason only males are shown is that's the only sprue they've produced so far.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2019 at 8:11 PM, Cyradis said:

Hmm. If this was in individual faun miniatures I may be more interested than in the build-an-army form. I'd rather like one male, one female, one minotaur, one centaur type thing. I have no need for dozens. 

I asked if they could offer single sprues as add-ons (which means: 3 fauns), the answer is

" It wouldn't be too difficult to me. We can even offer the first sprue we made. "

• Like 2

That's pretty cool. I'll keep an eye on this. 

• Like 1

I hate to have to ask this question, but...

Tim Barry was the sculptor for Tony Reidy at Wargames Factory and Defiance Games.  I like his work, but is there any info out there on how he's distanced himself from those fiascoes?  This is the first time that I've seen his name come up since then.  And since there is a singer also named Tim Barry, it's hard to find any info that doesn't tie this Tim back to Tony.   

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Tim Barry had invested money with Defiance, along with some of his friends. Tony ran off, and left Tim and the others dry when the Defiance project went under. There is no association there. I hired Tim because he is one of the few sculptors in the US with competency in mold design, and line of draft. Pretty cool guy.  Molder just happens to have some experience working under Wargames Factory, hence the similarities. All legit. I wouldn't have bothered otherwise. 

I felt that the second round needed at least one mold to show the quality could be done. 

Learned that most of the major houses (always exceptions) have been using freeform software in coordination with CNC, and aluminum tooling. Wyrd made a big deal about it in 2012 in the industry press releases.

Edited by rgdgaming
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I have a Forces of Nature army that has never made it past the Points stage, ditto for Herd.

Grump can use these for when he runs Kingmaker again, so they would be played with in both KOW and Pathfinder.

I see no downside for diving in. ::D:

Backerkit for a pledge manager? Make it easy for meeps to add after the KS is done?

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By paintybeard
      A new kickstarter project from Kev White:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hasslefriesian/artemis-20/description

Don't think I shall be backing this myself as I don't do much that is bigger than 54mm.

This seems to be happening off Kev's own bat and I don't think Hasslefree is involved. Whether that is a good thing or not I leave to your own judgement.
    • By Darsc Zacal
      Link to the kickstarter:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bombshellminis/bombshell-babes-4-female-miniatures
      -

• By Gadgetman!
      A bit late, as there's only 21Hours left at this time, but...

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/lumir-k-the-one-and-only-cooking-oil-led-lamp/x/10803452#/

I'm at the 'Get 1 Give 1' which means I'm getting one of these weird lamps, and a family without electricity in Cambodia also gets one. 

-----------

Overview Lumir K is a cooking oil powered LED lamp that converts the thermal energy of cooking oil into electricity. ▶Make an Impact- Bring the light to the people living without electricity. ▶1 Lumir K = 100X candlelight ▶Easy to Use-Just placing the lamp over the lit wick will turn the LED light on. ▶Accessible-Olive or canola oil, it doesn't matter what kind of cooking oil is. ▶Instant light-No need of charging or battery ▶Efficient-Consumes the only 5ml of oil for 1 hour of light ▶10-year life span

Small heat energy turns
      the 100 times brighter LED light.

Less Consumption, Less Emission

Lumir K converts the small thermal energy of cooking oil into electricity and it turns on the bright LEDs. This amazing lantern will light up where you want and it make an impact on the world where it is needed.

From now,
      Cooking oil turns to the power source of your lamp.

Lumir K uses cooking oil to generate electricity.
      Cooking oil is one of the cheapest and familiar ingredients as it is easily found from grocery stores in the city to tiny kiosk shops in a remote area.
      Olive, canola and sunflower oil, it doesn't matter what kind of cooking oil is. Without any batteries or external power supply, only with tiny flame which is as big as candle, Lumir K gives you an instant and 100 times brighter light.

Lumir K is an easy, accessible and sustainable solution for those who need a light.
      With a goal to light up the world, team Lumir had a successful campaign with our first product, candle powered LED lamp.
      We promised to keep developing solutions for families in the off-grid area and finally came back with Lumir K by improving efficiency and changing fuel as cooking oil.
      Lumir K achieved CE and its core technology is patented. We are happy to share this achievement with you, and we need your support to take one step further.
      Lumir K will brighten up anywhere light needs to touch.

Lumir has been resolving the light shortages and delivering the beauty of light.
      Our journey started from a small but momentous experience during the trip to India, learning that there are so many places around the world suffering from unreliable or no electricity supply.
      Among 1.2 billion who do not have access to electricity, most of them rely on candles or kerosene lamps which is dark, harmful for health and the environment. Using kerosene lamps indoors has the same effect as smoking 40 cigarettes and the cost for fuel takes up even 30% of the household's income.

Instead of unreliable supply,
      Isn't it be possible to maximize the light from a candle or a kerosene lamp?

That was the question that led us to invent Lumir K as an effective solution for the light shortage issue.
      In the case of kerosene lamps, only 10% of the energy from the fuel is used for illuminating because the flame itself is the direct light, and the rest, 90% of the energy is just scattered in the air as a heat. 
      However, Lumir K harnesses the wasted 90% of the heat energy to turn on the LEDs, so it is pretty economical as it provides a brighter light only with a small flame.

LUMIR K can be used anytime and anywhere while solar lamps has a big weather constraints in many areas like Indonesia where the average rainy days are more than 160 days. 

After our first crowdfunding campaign, we became a partner of KOICA, Korean International Cooperation Agency, and Lumir K was piloted in Indonesia.
      Lumir K provides 4.1 times brighter light than kerosene lamps, while its economic effect was also achieved with 80% lower fuel consumption compared to kerosene lamps. It also reduces carbon emissions by about 90%.

• By Al Capwn
      Didn't see a post on this one and it is in the final 24 hours. It is from Mythic Games, the originators of Mythic Battles series. This one is a bit less serious and more along the lines of Arcadia Quest/MOBA comic-fantasy theme.

It is a skirmish game for 2 or 4 players. Miniatures are on 45mm bases and fall in the 32-45mm range. It appears that the bases are pre-sculpted. If MB:P is any indicator, the quality of the miniatures should be pretty solid as well.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1162110258/super-fantasy-brawl/

• By animesensei
      Dwarven Forge is doing a smaller kickstarter in June.  It's a pseudo sequel to their Caverns Deep line (which was their 6th kickstarter, aka KS6), KS6.66 - Hellscape.  This is different than their 7th Kickstarter - Wildlands which will be outdoor themed (trees and such) in Jan 2020.

Many of you have been asking for smaller Kickstarters that are more digestible. So we're going to try it! We are going to launch a small, two-week KS with a limited scope. Best of all, it's happening very soon -- KS6.66 - Hellscape will launch in late June 2019! As the name implies, the lava-based project will focus on the fiery wasteland the fiends of the Nine Hells inhabit. The collection will consist of a small number of new sculpts as well as some repaints of some Caverns Deep pieces.

EDIT:  It start on June 16th (Father's Day in the US)
  • Who's Online   25 Members, 2 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)