Sign in to follow this  
Knight of the Dinner Table

28mm Hard Plastic Fauns

Lots of sleepless nights, but it got done. Im clumsy with kickstarter, and media coordination, but I have to say we made a pretty damn good faun model. 

• Like 1

Well, saw a poll on their Facebook that looks like they are prioritizing centaurs to the female fauns. Since I was only gonna back this for the females I guess that means I’m out. There is a lot of things looking for my money right now, so I guess it’s a good thing. One less thing to worry about. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Smokestack said:

Well, saw a poll on their Facebook that looks like they are prioritizing centaurs to the female fauns. Since I was only gonna back this for the females I guess that means I’m out. There is a lot of things looking for my money right now, so I guess it’s a good thing. One less thing to worry about. 

Im asking the backers their thoughts. if we can incentivize more people it m ight help us more overall. If it takes these small actions to understand everyone's priorities, it means I need to do them to make sure everyone can benefit from the trade, not that I necessarily want to trash my own ideas. 

• Like 1

That’s fine. The campaign started with a certain goal. At $10,000 the ks would fund and you would have a sprue for both male and female fauns. People pledged based on that. 

Now with this change, if funding only reaches that $10,000 goal, then those who pledged for that and are expecting what you had said may he disapointed. If funding goes up to $20,000 then it wouldn’t matter, unless of course you change the order again and decide something else is more important or would gather more money.

i wish you luck, and hope everything you want to fund does so. I will keep an eye to see when or if the females come around. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Smokestack said:

That’s fine. The campaign started with a certain goal. At $10,000 the ks would fund and you would have a sprue for both male and female fauns. People pledged based on that. 

Now with this change, if funding only reaches that $10,000 goal, then those who pledged for that and are expecting what you had said may he disapointed. If funding goes up to $20,000 then it wouldn’t matter, unless of course you change the order again and decide something else is more important or would gather more money.

i wish you luck, and hope everything you want to fund does so. I will keep an eye to see when or if the females come around. 

I haven't even made the change official. Before doing that, it seemed appropriate to ask. Until that does, we stick with females. Thank you for the wishes

• Like 1

18 hours ago, rgdgaming said:

Tim Barry had invested money with Defiance, along with some of his friends. Tony ran off, and left Tim and the others dry when the Defiance project went under. There is no association there. I hired Tim because he is one of the few sculptors in the US with competency in mold design, and line of draft. Pretty cool guy.  Molder just happens to have some experience working under Wargames Factory, hence the similarities. All legit. I wouldn't have bothered otherwise.

I suspected as much, but good to hear some confirmation.  Thanks. 

I'm keeping an eye on this, hopefully I can come up with some extra funds. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kristof65 said:

I suspected as much, but good to hear some confirmation.  Thanks. 

I'm keeping an eye on this, hopefully I can come up with some extra funds. 

If it helps, KS saves that for down the road, the pledge is mostly a permission heads up to do so on your behalf. And glad to help. It isn't too hard for a mold designer to replicate the features on sprues. 

In for $30 - will increase for the females and centaurs as they become available. ::):

I favor the female fauns (glastyg, if you want to get technical) over the centaurs, but would most enjoy having both.

Mantic does have centaurs already, for Kings of War, but no female beastfolk.

Is there any way of getting word out to female gamers about this? I think that it might help your exposure.

The Auld Grump

3 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

In for $30 - will increase for the females and centaurs as they become available. ::):

I favor the female fauns (glastyg, if you want to get technical) over the centaurs, but would most enjoy having both.

Mantic does have centaurs already, for Kings of War, but no female beastfolk.

Is there any way of getting word out to female gamers about this? I think that it might help your exposure.

The Auld Grump

Those mantic centaurs though....I really hate those legs. My prime motivation. Running ads that apply for both sexes, if they step up, ill let you know. 

• Like 1

Update on 5/15, we unlocked the centaur through a deal. Breaking 10k, we could do the female mold and start off with a smaller 3x4 hard plastic sprue. We had just enough space for two horse halves (static poses will be charging centaurs). At 30k, we will go full 6x4. 

War Party Pledgers just gained 6 centaur bodies after breaking the goal, and Army in a Box just gained 20. 

Smaller sprues can then be bought for $3. Just in case you want to customize. 

Of note, the Satyr 3 pack has joined the warparty pledge to, 3 in fact, with 6 in the army box. 

We are almost at 7k of the 10k goal with 23 days left, thank you all. 

:)

Satyr.png

FaunCT Sprue.367higherres.jpg

centaur running.jpg

centaurs 2.jpg

• Like 3

If you want thicker legs, maybe go with a goat 'taur rather than a horse?

Since you have the horns already, it might be a better fit, thicker legs and cloven hooves.

And paint them with those weird horizontal pupils goats have. Those eyes freak me out.

• Like 1

Audience I will eventually be helping is geared for the cavalry/centaur. A goattaur sounds kinda cool. 

Below is the recent summary talking about what we are doing after the 10k pledge wall hits. At 10k, we release the female mold and 6x4 sprue, and create a 3x4 sprue for a cavalry piece. Backers get 6 in war party pledges, and 20 in army in a box, for those that just need  a few, we will have some at $3 for the backers. 

layout.PNG

• Like 1