Glitterwolf

89019 Nakayama Hayato Iconic Samurai as a Bronze Statue by Glitterwolf

Once again I really miss the definition of different parts of the figure, using a thin wash or lining.

That's especially visible on the face, which on my screen has hardly any features recognizable.

But that's my only criticism against this figure.

I really like the basing and the way the figure has been covered in leaves and vines.

Edited by SisterMaryNapalm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

Once again I really miss the definition of different parts of the figure, using a thin wash or lining.

That's especially visible on the face, which on my screen has hardly any features recognizable.

But that's my only criticism against this figure.

I really like the basing and the way the figure has been covered in leaves and vines.

I painted it as a statue because the face had very little detail, a wash wouldn't help here, it would have become a blob.

So for this one I didn't bother.

I'm now painting a very small Fighting Monk, I will see if I can give that one some more definition.

• Like 3

Just now, Warlady said:

Great idea.  He has a nice weathered look.

Thank you!

Being one of the first Bones his face wasn't really good so I made him into this statue.

Love the idea and I think it is very well executed. Also the plants look very realistic. My only suggestion would be: The base would look better painted in black. I mean all what is white now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vhaidra said:

Love the idea and I think it is very well executed. Also the plants look very realistic. My only suggestion would be: The base would look better painted in black. I mean all what is white now.

Thank you!

The base is painted with the Reaper Stone Triad to make it look like the statue is on a stone plinth of some sort.

The plants are all flock and leafs from several brands.

Great idea turning this into a statue. I wonder if there is a way to make the face look like the stone has crumbled.... Really like the use of the vegetation.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Iridil said:

Great idea turning this into a statue. I wonder if there is a way to make the face look like the stone has crumbled.... Really like the use of the vegetation.

Thanks!

Hmm hadn't thought of that, maybe next time I will try something like that.

Crumbling stone might be a good way to hide the lacking features.

• Like 1