Hiya, nice to meet you! I just learned about minis a couple years ago, so we've never met before. I love these minis, especially Astrid's hair color. ^_^  

• Like 1

Welcome back!  I've been around a while, so I remember you, vhaidra. Always loved your work, so glad to see you back and painting for the fun of it.

• Like 1

Welcome back!

Thanks for posting those pieces. Your Lonnia is fantastic, and I really love the skin on that Thief of Hearts!

You'll find that, despite a ton of new people, these are still very friendly forums. Still a little difficult to get really in depth critique (you have to push people for it), but if you just want to discuss a technique it's guaranteed you'll get a bunch of people chiming in.

Good to see you again!

• Like 6

Welcome (back)!

I joined in 2013 so we haven't  "met" glad to see you here.

Awesome paintjobs!

As for posting pics here, you can "choose files" when creating a Show Off topic or WIP and then just click on pics on your PC.

Or use Imgur/Postimage/Photobucket or something.

I hope to see more of your work, I, as many others here, love looking at painted minis.

I also only paint for fun/display, although I'm not as good as you obviously....I do participate in fun challenges here.

People here like and comment on each other's work, I'v never found a forum as friendly and helpful as this one.

Have fun!

• Like 1

I absolutely love your Thief of Hearts.    

Just wonderful.    

Lets see if we can get you up to speed on what's been happening since you left...   

Reaper launched Bones miniatures using 'Bonesium' plastic(currently fulfilling the 4th Kickstarter for these),

Buglips the Goblin's house burnt down,

ReaperBryan quit. 

That should cover all the most important bits, i believe. 

I just watched your site.

Lucy is awesome, love that concept.

But I adore this one:

You're a great painter!

Love this!

image.thumb.png.5a77625ca5e86604ae4c5f0d5076bbb7.png

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Gadgetman! said:

Just wonderful.    

Lets see if we can get you up to speed on what's been happening since you left...   

Reaper launched Bones miniatures using 'Bonesium' plastic(currently fulfilling the 4th Kickstarter for these),

ReaperBryan quit. 

You forgot Ladystorm retired:)

Oh and Ed and Ron are doing Reaper Live! shows every Thursday at 6PM Denton time(cst) (4PM PST, 1AM Friday in Germany??)

welcome back @vhaidra, pleasure to meet you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

You forgot Ladystorm retired:)

Oh and Ed and Ron are doing Reaper Live! shows every Thursday at 6PM Denton time(cst) (4PM PST, 1AM Friday in Germany??)

Ladystorm still hangs out here, so the difference isn't all that big.  

And the NotDead shows...    

I don't watch those. 

@Glitterwolf Thanks for spoting that one.  

Can I change my vote?

I think I like that one even better....   

• Like 2

The astrid model is one of my 3 favorite sculpts of all time.   This is my favorite astrid paintjob of all time.   The fact that you don't sell or do commissions attached to that photo made me sad a little inside!  Phenomenal work!  Also, are you coming to reaper con this year? I'd love to see your work in person.

Edited by emmagine

First: Thank you all for this very warm welcome ::D:

This is how I remember the reaper forum and why I came back *hugs*

Okay I try to answer as best as I can. English is not my mother tongue, because I`m german. But I communicate since many years a lot at the internet worldwide, always in english and normally I don`t have problems, but keep in mind that I`ll might have problems in understanding slang, idioms and such.

8 hours ago, Morihalda said:

Hiya, nice to meet you! I just learned about minis a couple years ago, so we've never met before. I love these minis, especially Astrid's hair color. ^_^  

Hi Morihalda nice to meet you too. I`m glad that you like my paintjobs, especially Astrid. Pretty cool sculpt.

8 hours ago, GreyHorde said:

Welcome back!  I've been around a while, so I remember you, vhaidra. Always loved your work, so glad to see you back and painting for the fun of it.

Hi GreyHorde, thank you very much for your warm welcome, I also remind your name ::D: Cool that some members I know are still here. I`m curious whom I will meet again in addition.

8 hours ago, Sanael said:

Welcome back!

Thanks for posting those pieces. Your Lonnia is fantastic, and I really love the skin on that Thief of Hearts!

You'll find that, despite a ton of new people, these are still very friendly forums. Still a little difficult to get really in depth critique (you have to push people for it), but if you just want to discuss a technique it's guaranteed you'll get a bunch of people chiming in.

Good to see you again!

Hi Sanael, thanks for feedback and your welcome. Yeah I know critique is a tender subject not only at the reaper forums. But in fact the only way to improve one skills. In doubt I ask if someone wishes advice, suggestions for improvement and such. I never just criticise, I always tell a way how it works out better and so mostly people react relaxed lol. I`m giving something, I don`t take anything away from them and that is a language almost everybody understand. For the beginning I will be carefully, promised haha.

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Welcome (back)!

I joined in 2013 so we haven't  "met" glad to see you here.

Awesome paintjobs!

As for posting pics here, you can "choose files" when creating a Show Off topic or WIP and then just click on pics on your PC.

Or use Imgur/Postimage/Photobucket or something.

I hope to see more of your work, I, as many others here, love looking at painted minis.

I also only paint for fun/display, although I'm not as good as you obviously....I do participate in fun challenges here.

People here like and comment on each other's work, I'v never found a forum as friendly and helpful as this one.

Have fun!

Hi Glitterwolf. You joined in 2013 and you have got over 40 000 posts???:wow: Wow this is....remarkable. Okay I assume I will meet you often here ::D: I have seen what you are doing here: You are the good soul of the board and you care about everybody. I find this very likeable, nice to meet you. Thanks for your warm welcome and your enthusiasm about my paintjobs haha. That`s great ::D:

By the way: I love tabletop paintjobs too. Quick and dirty is also cool. I`m unable to do this because I simply cannot stop painting on a mini until it looks as flawless as possible lol. Honesty: I`m mad. Sometimes I wished I could end up a paintjob in 2 or 3 hours....but I can`t lol.

Fun challenges: Cool, that is something I also might enter. I just avoid serious competitions and competition at all. It is the result of all these years in the painting scene seeing friendships ended because of rivalry, seeing bad guys pushing away others just because they felt threatened by their skills and so on and so on. I made my decision and now I feel heavenly PEACE :;):

Thanks for feedback, the warm welcome and your tips.

7 hours ago, blargney said:

Those are some gorgeous minis!

Thanks blargney!

7 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Just wonderful.    

ReaperBryan quit. 

Hi Gadgetman, oh wow thanks for the updates. I must admit that I have completely lost the overview after my long break. I guess Reaper casted millions of miniatures during the last years lol. By the way: I don`t play games. I`m actually just a miniature painter. That`s maybe a bit dissapointing but the truth. I play playstation and the only board game I play is Talisman by Games Workshop. I´m painting Reaper Miniatures, because I simply love the sculpts. I love them for two reasons:

1. A lot are very beautiful

2. They are most easy and most comfortable to paint. No joke. I`ve tried a lot of sculpts, but always got back to the reaper sculpts, because for me it is nothing but fun to paint them. I don`t feel strained, because the details are all big enough for a very, very comfortable painting experiance.

6 hours ago, Corsair said:

Very nice to meet you!

Thanks, very nice to meet you too ::D:

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I just watched your site.

Lucy is awesome, love that concept.

But I adore this one:

You're a great painter!

Love this!

image.thumb.png.5a77625ca5e86604ae4c5f0d5076bbb7.png

Thanks for your very kind words. In fact I would describe my skills as a painter as rather averagely or solid. After my long break I checked out the news on coolminiornot and watched some of the best recent paintjobs and.....that was...I find no words, but it seems miniature painting has reached a completely new level and in comparison to the best ones of us, I`m truly just average. But that`s okay. I love what do and I have no ambitions to belong to the best. I`m glad you like my work. This one was a commissioned work for Ian Newbold who is a very, very cool guy.

@Ratmaster2000: Thank you very much for your welcome, nice  to meet you too. ::D:

3 hours ago, emmagine said:

The astrid model is one of my 3 favorite sculpts of all time.   This is my favorite astrid paintjob of all time.   The fact that you don't sell or do commissions attached to that photo made me sad a little inside!  Phenomenal work!  Also, are you coming to reaper con this year? I'd love to see your work in person.

Yep Astrid is a pretty cool sculpt, I love her too. Cool that you like my paintjob that much. It was a gift for a friend and after I gave her away I felt very sad and decided: Hm I will paint her someday again, same colourscheme, everything the same apart from the freehand on the guitar. So: I actually paint her again right at the moment and I make an exact copy of the finished one, but this time the freehand is a skull with pink flames lol. Apart from that I plan to sculpt a huge Marshall Amp and a stage for her as the base and I consider to add the skeleton band from Ral Partha lol.

Well I don`t make commissions anymore, and I don`t sell my minis anymore, but what I still do is mini exchange. So if I like your paintjobs we maybe can make "deal". I also exchange painted miniatures for cool bases for example. If you are great in making cool display bases, there is also a chance for a deal. Last but not least I exchange paintjobs for sculpts, terrain....whatever. If you have got something I like and wish to get then nothing in the world is easier than to get a painted mini by me.

Reaper Con: As said, I`m german and I`m living in german and I`m poor. I see no way for me to visit America unless I win 1 Million Euro or so.

@All: Well that was much text haha. Thank you all for being so friendly and communicative. I tend to answer all posts which are related to me or to my posts, but I`m working hard (nightshift as a carer for disabled people) and sometimes it might take a while until I can answer, but I answer.

Cheers,

Yvonne

• Like 8

Those are some amazing beautiful paint jobs. Thanks for sharing them. I look forward to seeing even more of your work.

@vhaidra there are more German people here and I'm Dutch. So we can all help each other with any language problem.

Fun challenge.

You might like this.

Just for fun!

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/76666-the-seers-and-a-wizard-present-a-random-rainbow-dragon-challenge/

I have no intention to become the best painter ever, I just want to have fun.

But I do paint for display and fun.

Looking at your freehand and skintones I do think that's awesome!

I hope to be able to paint like that one day, but I'm over 50 and I need magnifiers to paint these days.

I also paint busts and large scale minis on the side and I like to tell stories.

Thank you for your kind words.

There are many friendly people here and this is the first forum I kept visiting due to that.

I post a lot, my job allows me to browse while I work, I got two screens in front of me, one is work the other is Reaper mostly.

And I like to paint and post, people commenting, liking and giving advice to what I painted has made me paint more than ever, and I've learned more here in the last few years then I did in the decades before without this forum.

I have browsed through your gallery, awesome work.

I will read that tutorial about skintones for sure on a quiet day so I can try that.

There are a few big projects I'm working on ( see my sig) one of these is an Asian Fantasy themed project for fun.

I would love to be able to paint a asian dragon/koi or flowers on a 28mm mini one day and make it look good.

So if you have any pointers how to do that I would be grateful.

Now have fun and visit the Random Thread maybe?

There we discuss the important things in life like Bacon, Coffee, Pets and all other stuff.

See you around!

Oh one more thing.

Anything written in purple is meant as a joke.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 5