Sign in to follow this  
Smokestack

Raid on the Temple of Serpent

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1084608523/raid-on-the-temple-of-serpents/description

About

bc84c5cdbfe8e263c10489b202e6d6d7_origina
62dbeb53257f0bdcea1c609a7d3556b0_origina

Welcome to the most thrilling raid in the miniature history! Choose your side, fight until the end and get greatly rewarded for your engagement!

This campaign features 2 lines of miniatures!

"Temple of Serpent" is a brand new collection inspired by the lost civilizations of Amazonia and Mesoamerica. It envisions an utopian enclave hidden so deep in the wilderness that it is considered forbidden territory. The tribe is focused on preserving an ancient magic with the help of gods and dinosaurs. Be the first to explore it!

"Bloodsail Island" is an established line of ruthless ogre pirates. Upon discovering the Temple of Serpent they have became overpowered by the desire to plunder its treasures. They are going to need every hand on deck for this one, so the line is getting a massive extension! 

Our products are in 28mm scale and come with square bases. Check pictures at the bottom of our campaign to see the size comparisons. All miniatures are made from high-quality resin that ensures highest details, durability and flexibility. 

56c92a8b1ffcfcd22f35f96c04a6445d_origina

Based on our Kickstarter experience and community feedback we have came up with the simplest Reward System to date. You can choose one of the following pledges.

Deckhand Pledge is for you if you are not sure what you need but you want to be a part of the campaing. It will give you the access to the Pledge Manager where you will be able to spend your additional funds on any miniatures you want. 

8c433ec887637fbca14e0e2664da45bc_origina

Basic Pledge is for you if you do not want to pick a side. It is really simple. You plede $99 and you receive $99 to spend on addons. But on top of that you will choose and receive either a set of Serpent Freebies OR Ogre Freebies. The more SG we unlock the more value will come with those freebies packs.

38fd41f3a6da53e8ed5d3b992860cc63_origina

In Captain Pledge you become the commander of ogre pirate army! Pledge $199 to get Captain Krabor in special offer for $40. The rest of your funds ($159) you will be able to spend in the Pledge Manager on any addons that you see fit. On top of that, you will receive  a set of Ogre Freebies. The more SG we unlock the more value will come with your freebies packs.

3300f86d05674700d3637b7226235551_origina

In Serpent Pledge you become the deity of the Temple! Pledge $199 to get High Priestess on Pterossus in a special offer for $50. The rest of your funds ($149) you will be able to spend in the Pledge Manager on any addons that you see fit. On top of that, you will receive  a set of Serpent Freebies. The more SG we unlock the more value will come with your freebies packs.

728bc11443a535bfb5a262795f4e0bd5_origina

293b9e3ba0399e44c6b8773fe94c11ec_origina

After the campaign ends, we will open a Pledge Manager. You will receive an e-mail address with a link to it. When you log in, you will be able to pick your rewards and spend your funds on any chosen add-ons from the campaign. You will also be able to transfer additional funds via PayPal. After finishing an order a shipping cost will be charged, based on your address and the package weight. 

All additional funds you pledge over your reward price you will be able to spend on add-ons.

When our Campaign is live we will post a link to an online calculator that will help you in figuring out how much you need to pledge to get all the miniatures you want. 

Example 1: You want just 3 units of Raptor Riders that are $39 each. In order to get them you need to choose Basic Pledge and pledge $117 (3x $39) for it. This will allow you to spend that $117 in Pledge Manager and choose 3x Raptor Riders. On top of that you will be able to choose a set of freebies (either Serpent of Ogre one).

Example 2: You want Captain Krabor, 3 units of Sharkman that are $39 each and 5 units of goblins that are $12 each. In order to get those you should choose Captain Pledge and pledge $217 for it. In this pledge Captain Krabor is in a better price and you will also get $159 for other addons. You need 3x $39 + 5x $12 = $177 so you need to pledge $18 on top of the pledge price to cover everything. 

In case of any mistakes, there will be no problem with make a correction. You will always be able to add funds in the Pledge Manager via PayPal, so if you do not pledge enough through Kickstarter, you will still be able to get everything you need after the campaign ends.

20795c8fa7aca39ec9f3750c47236161_origina

See what's coming up! 

We want YOU to pick your side in this conflict and have a direct impact on the campaign! See the facebook post and support your side by voting. In each phase of the conflict, your support will tip the scales. The winner will have the priority in unlocking the dedicated stretch goals and freebies! Support your favourites!

Conflict Phase I - Reconnaissance

When we reach our funding goal we will post a link to a poll for you to vote!

Join the Temple of Serpent - Ride around with the raptor patrol on their daily routine. Travel to the enclave's boarders, maintain the traps and the elaborate alert system. If you find any traces of a breach, it means one thing - the battle is coming and you need to get ready! Vote now, like and share the post!

Join the Bloodsail Island - Become the newest member of the jolly crew. Send scouting vessels across the coastline in a mission to find the best landing spot. Geographical advantages and an element of surprise is what you are looking for. The succesful strike depends on you! Vote now, like and share the post!

29963e6d63df122c66e770d5bee02fa3_origina

Check out the map of stretch goals below. See what your endorsement will affect!

Next destination is :

a37bb48b3615189e6843f8336fbbd078_origina
89e30daa5587e388e48d64fd1a3a30aa_origina
b4b8598b013750edc030a8a0c24636ee_origina
49114de42cb49e9f8ec16828347b663a_origina
8d5d9e15c9c917d917979369991875da_origina
ef164c726a8829986c123395d685dc1c_origina

Beneath there is a list of avaliable add-ons. After the campaign ends, in the pledge manager, you will be able to spend your funds on them! Pledge today and unlock a bigger variety of heroes, creatures and troops through stretch goals!

Shipping will be charged in the pledge manager after our campaign ends. It will depand on the weight of the chosen products and delivery address that you will provide. You can choose more than one pledge or pick the same one multiple times but a shipping cost will be added to each of them separately. Estimated shipping rates are:

Deckhand/Basic:
             Europe - from $6
             North America - from $9
             Rest of the World - from $12 

Serpent/Captain:
             Europe - from $8
             North America - from $12
             Rest of the World - from $20 

a12560a1c2271b5af45360a8ed7d4301_origina

Titan Forge has a vast experience in sculpting and casting the most stunning wargaming miniatures. We are dedicated to creating the whole themed armies and we are counting on your support to bring new ones to life!

Risks and challenges

Risks and challenges that are a part of every campaign with tabletop collectible miniatures are usually:
- Delay in delivery
- Production difficulties
- Digital models conversion and creation of production molds
- Communication with the Backers that are postponing filling out the Pledge Manager that creates a delay for the start of targeted production
We have a lot of experience as for the miniatures production and delivery and we will do our best to keep risk levels at minimum and deliver the best miniatures that you have always wanted.

Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Edited by Darsc Zacal
Removal of animated gigs.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Some nice looking minis here. A couple things are odd though. A single human sized mini sells for $15, but a group of 10 sell for $18?

Still, it's the sameish formula they used for Dragon Empire, and that seems to have been pretty successful. Any backers from that project around who can give some feedback?

That priestess on a wyvern looks way too front heavy for those little legs. I think that'd be a huge breaking risk.

I'll probably talk myself into taking a chance on a raptor patrol (though it seems to be at a similar unbalanced weight/breakage problem to the wyvern). But then if I do that I'll have to give some serious consideration to a set of serpent guards. And where else will you find a set of hammerhead shark veterans? And an ogre pirate in a tricorn hat atop a giant crab? *sigh* I think I have a problem...

• Haha 2

The original post has been edited for the removal of several animated gifs.

If you want to view the addons you’ll need to go the Kickstarter site.

• Like 1

I agree some of the sculpts look very nice. I'm just feeling burnt out on Kickstarters, with a bunch of stuff delivering this spring.  I've got something very similar coming in about a month so I can't find the will to drop $100+ right now. 

• Like 1

I see some interesting things for my Lost World.

I don't need/want Ogres, If these were human Conquistadores I would have been in trouble now.

Some of the Amazons I might be able to use, for now I will probably wait for retail for the few I might want.

• Like 1

I like several of the sculpts, I'm just not sure it's my cup of tea. My only 'issue' with any sculpt is that the wyvern-looking dragon is more European in appearance than Mesoamerican as dragons go. If it were more coatl-ish, I'd take a much harder look.

• Like 1

This project has an interesting mix of stuff. I quite like a few of the sculpts, but nothing screams "must have!" to me. I'll keep an eye on it in the mean time.

On the other side of things, something about the sculpt of the "Pterossus" interferes with my suspension of disbelief on giant, flying monsters. I think it may be the shaping of the wings, but I'm not sure.

2 hours ago, Adrift said:

I like several of the sculpts, I'm just not sure it's my cup of tea. My only 'issue' with any sculpt is that the wyvern-looking dragon is more European in appearance than Mesoamerican as dragons go. If it were more coatl-ish, I'd take a much harder look.

Agreed!  I also feel the pose is bit awkward, leaning way forward and I think that it looks odd that the dragon head is turned so far but she is sitting cross legged and facing straight forward.  

I do kind of like the raptor patrol and Cpt. Bone Cutter

Edited by NecroMancer
  • Like 2

I initially grabbed the early bird big amazon army, but I agree with you guys on the dragon/bird mount. The head is a bit off and too big. 

I dropped down to the early bird $89 level. I like the ogre pistoliers. May add them. I don’t really need any of this, but it looks cool. I am kind of on the fence though between backing this and buying a whole lot of new ASOI&F minis. Will see. 

• Like 1

Good looking miniatures, and very inventive, but I just don't need them, sadly. I don't have much in the way of Aztec style cultures at present, and my ogres are too savage to fit the role of conquistadors. Probably for the best, as I've already got waaay too many open KSs at the moment.

So, the character mini costing almost as much as a unit.... I am not defending it, but that is kind of common with wargaming minis. A hold over from Games workshop style. A single character mini can be $30+ while a units of 10 (or in the old days 16 or 20) was around the same price. Not saying I agree with that reasoning or strategy, but just saying its not something new.

Several things have been unlocked on both sides for freebies and add ons. Also there is a social media stretch goal that will unlock command options for the Amazons. The creator has said that there will be a blow gun unit and a spear unit for the Amazons coming.

I was kind of in... but I have been thinking of some cool adventures and uses for these. Just wish I had the money for both the amazons and the more conquistador looking ogres. So now I am in - In. May sill get the Ogre Pistoliers and Rodrigo/

f8d13e5fb785cfa475102f52d6226d62_original.jpg

cfa5bc2e883450d5fc733d8d15ebb93b_original.jpg

Edited by Smokestack
  • Like 4

To go a little further, and I guess this has changed my stance to defending the pricing... :)

This kickstarter is clearly meant for people who want to buy an army for whatever their favorite war game is.

Now, while in an army you might need 3 unit A, you will probably only ever need one of hero A. So the vast majority of people might buy multiples of the units, but only one of the heroes. So the molds for the units will be paid for sooner. They may sell 3 units to 100 backers. Meaning they pay off that mold quick and start making profits on it. But only selling 1 hero to each of those backers means that the mold gets paid off slower. Charging a higher price helps mitigate that and get that mold pay off.

I for one welcome our Aztec overlords, and look forward to serving them in any capacity they deem fit! ::):

• Like 4

I wónder if the idea behind that Pterossus thing is that it is some weird chimera with the head of an ancient dragon and the body of a young pterosaur. If so, it'd explain the off proportions. Still wouldn't make me want to buy it, though.

I might want to get the captain on his dire crab, though. I really shouldn't, but I might totally want to.

• Like 1