Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I haven’t posted in a while. Been mostly painting terrain for the past 8 months or so. Finally getting back to some minis.
So I picked up the Wizkids frost giant last fall to paint up as Harashnag for my Storm Kings Thunder campaign. He had been sitting around for a while and I finally got a chance to get him painted.
The right arm actually wasn’t glued in very well so I was able to paint with it out of the way for the most part. As usual with these Wizkids pre-primes, I didn’t clean up any mold lines though I probably should have this time around. C&C welcome!
Just a simple pair of horrible spacebeasts frolicking in their native hellworld!
I'll have to gloss up the molten bits of the base at some point. Any tips on lava bases I should be aware of?
In retrospect, I think the glowing mouths were inspired by the "gorilla-wolf motherbroccolers" from Attack the Block.
I do not know if the designers intended this, but the pair of them are in a perfect pose for Magma Wrasslin.'
It seems that scale creep is a very real thing! This is Nolzur's delightfully brutish and verdant Shambling Mound. For a Large creature it is very large indeed, easily the size of a tabletop-scale elephant or bigger, and extending way off a 2x2 base with its outstretched limb.
I put some straight-pin mushrooms on it, as I do.
Here's a group shot with Reaper's beautiful Swamp Shambler and a WotC grab-bag Dryad and Needle Blight, for scale comparison.
Been working on this guy for a while; finished him (for a given value of "finished") a couple weeks ago but didn't take pics until recently. The sculpted beard wasn't doing it for me, so I added some reindeer moss. Glued on some tiny leaves that look like miniaturized burr oak leaves. His huckable boulder I'm using for other terrain.
This is a big fella!
C&C welcome as always.
By Geoff Davis
Here are a couple of WIP photos from my T-rex conversion to the "King of Feathers".
I was working from this painting, from the "Tombs of Annihilation" campaign book.
I trimmed away a lot of the ornamentation on his back and put on a base of green stuff. Once that dried, giving me a smooth surface to work from, I started adding small strips of green stuff to jam the 'feathers' into. The feathers are made from Dollar Store plants. I used wire cutters to clip the ends off of about 500 individual plastic leaves. Then I washed the leaves, so they would have a better chance of sticking to the green stuff and the glue. They still fall out sometimes, even though they are glued into the greenstuff with superglue. I would add a chunk of greenstuff and smooth it out. Then I jammed in the 'feathers'. Once I had a line of feathers in place, I put another line of greenstuff on top of them to hold them in place, and to be the base for the next layer of feathers. Once I had all the pieces ready to go, it went surprisingly quickly. The actual process of applying the feathers only took about two hours.
I used my airbrush to apply primer in a zenithal pattern. Because of the complexity of the feathers, it was much easier to use the airbrush to prime it rather than brush it on.
Final paint finish turned out pretty well.
Here is the same figure painted as a more traditional t-rex.
This project was a lot of fun. I spent a lot of time giggling over how the players in my D&D game were going to react when I put this on the table.
Who's Online 32 Members, 1 Anonymous, 66 Guests (See full list)
- Cranky Dog
- Bane Of Humanity