Jump to content

Ludo

ReaperCon 2019 Ribbons

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, Dragoneye said:

Ha! I finally have an idea for one.....  more info on how to order would be nice. 

 

13 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

I got my ribbons (BoGW) from pc nametag (dot) com

 

Same. But, a quick search in the engine of your choice for “convention ribbon” will pop up a lot of places you can buy. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an idea, but I'm not 100% sure i'm going yet...
 

"SQUEAK!" 

 

I have no intentions of sharing how to get this one - I'm sure at least one person would manage it, if I do go.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ludo said:

 

Cosplay as a 1:1 version of Sir ForScale?

 

I do like your weights and measures stuff do something with that?

 

I’ve actually considered it, but I sadly have no costuming skills whatsoever. :down:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dragoneye said:

Ha! I finally have an idea for one.....  more info on how to order would be nice. 

 

21 hours ago, OneBoot said:

EDIT: I always order the 1 5/8" by 3 1/2" ribbons from the Ribbons Galore website.

 

This is the same size as the ribbons that Reaper gives out (or at least it was for the last 3 years). ^_^

 

43 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

 

I’ve actually considered it, but I sadly have no costuming skills whatsoever. :down:

 

20190214085841_37360.jpg

 

::D:

 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personalized ribbons sound fun!

 

Do you guys do anything to your badge to identify your forum name so some of us newbies will know who is who?

 

EC

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, EvilCleric said:

Personalized ribbons sound fun!

 

Do you guys do anything to your badge to identify your forum name so some of us newbies will know who is who?

 

EC

A lot of people write their forum name instead of their real name - or part of each, etc.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, EvilCleric said:

Personalized ribbons sound fun!

 

Do you guys do anything to your badge to identify your forum name so some of us newbies will know who is who?

 

EC

 

I think most people use their forum name.  This not only has the convenience of association if you've read a lot of their posts, it also makes it a lot easier to find somebody in the crowd if you don't know their face.  There may be a lot of Daves and Steves, but probably only one MorkalTheDestroyer or whatever.  On the off chance that two people show up with the same codename, I guess we'll have to erect a Thunderdome on the parking lot to see who keeps it.

 

Two Buglips enter, one Buglips leaves!

 

8 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

A lot of people write their forum name instead of their real name - or part of each, etc.

 

I like to think of them as Secret Mission Code Names.  Also, it's awkward trying to tell Con stories when you come back home and everyone keeps wondering who the hell NexusWolf and Jimbraltar are.

 

I made up all those names, but some of them are pretty good names.  ::P:  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, EvilCleric said:

Personalized ribbons sound fun!

 

Do you guys do anything to your badge to identify your forum name so some of us newbies will know who is who?

 

EC

 

It's easier for some of us than others. ^_^

 

There's also @Pegazus's forum bingo game, which uses buttons with the forum icon of the wearer. Look him up for a bingo card (always assuming he does it again).

 

2 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Two Buglips enter, one Buglips leaves!

 

Would you then become "Buglip"? Or should that be "Two Buglipses enter; one Buglips leaves!"? :devil:

  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

 

It's easier for some of us than others. ^_^

 

There's also @Pegazus's forum bingo game, which uses buttons with the forum icon of the wearer. Look him up for a bingo card (always assuming he does it again).

 

 

It's always well received, so I do plan to have it again.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Would you then become "Buglip"? Or should that be "Two Buglipses enter; one Buglips leaves!"? :devil:

 

I can be both singular and plural.  I'm not confined to your limited, 6-dimensional reality.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

 

I think most people use their forum name.  This not only has the convenience of association if you've read a lot of their posts, it also makes it a lot easier to find somebody in the crowd if you don't know their face.  There may be a lot of Daves and Steves, but probably only one MorkalTheDestroyer or whatever.  On the off chance that two people show up with the same codename, I guess we'll have to erect a Thunderdome on the parking lot to see who keeps it.

Cool, my GenCon badge name is a hybrid of my first name and my Evil avatar. Wasn't sure if you could customize the ReaperCon names or not. At Origins you are stuck with your "real" name only. 

 

Thanks for the info everyone. Hopefully I will meet some of you.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, EvilCleric said:

Personalized ribbons sound fun!

 

Do you guys do anything to your badge to identify your forum name so some of us newbies will know who is who?

 

EC

 

Yep, they leave space on the badge for us to put our names. Some folks also wear additional clothing or items to identification. I wear antlers (not visible on my profile picture at the moment). 

 

Mine is Deer Friend. Let's be friends on the forums! I only had a few ribbons last year since we were only able to go last minute, but I'll be sure to order more this year. ^_^ 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Morihalda said:

 

Yep, they leave space on the badge for us to put our names. Some folks also wear additional clothing or items to identification. I wear antlers (not visible on my profile picture at the moment). 

 

Mine is Deer Friend. Let's be friends on the forums! I only had a few ribbons last year since we were only able to go last minute, but I'll be sure to order more this year. ^_^ 

That was my next question, how to get a specific name on the badge. 

 

So, ReaperCon does not print names on the badges? You just write it on with a sharpie or something?

 

I would love to be friends! I really need to post pics of my minis so I have more posts on the forums.

 

EC

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, there is space on the badge for you to write your name with a sharpie. I don't remember if there were any at the registration desk, but people bring their own sharpies anyway, so finding one shouldn't be too much of a chore.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I remember from last year there were sharpies at the registration desk when I got my badge on Wednesday. I am not sure how long that lasted though...

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×