Ludo

ReaperCon 2019 Ribbons

To help alleviate the last minute rush order or trying to have them shipped to the hotel, I'm reminding people that personalized badge ribbons are a thing.

Because of forum rules we can't post a link to where to order them but if you post here, a certain @ub3r_n3rd fairy may PM you details.

The standard size that Reaper makes their ribbons is: Personalized Badge Ribbon 1-5/8"H x 3-1/2"W

FAQ

What are the ribbons for?!

Reaper gives out ribbons for various tasks like joining a faction, taking a class, spending a LOT of money in the Reaper Booth. Some are known, some are secret.

Individuals also have their own ribbons made and have their own criteria for earning them. 

In the past there has been a prize for longest chain (without duplicates) but this is subject to the whims of Reaper.

Can I make my own ribbons?

Absolutely. Anyone can have their own ribbon. Come up with fun (family appropriate) phrase and a task that you will have the receiver perform (again, family appropriate) then contact a ribbon company to have them printed.

How many ribbons should I bring?

If this is your first time giving out ribbons, 100 should be plenty. If you are teaching a class, running a game or a vendor, you probably want more as you will be interacting with more people.

Is there a list of all the Ribbons and how to get them?

Short answer, No.

Part of the fun is talking to people to learn how they got a particular ribbon. When the con starts, I'll probably update this post with a list of known ribbons. like the ones Reaper gives out or ones individuals want to share. (Please don't share the how to unless you have the OK from the creator) 

Not even one spoiler?

Ok, if you want to get the "Ludo, Friend" ribbon, you have to bring Ludo a small rock. (Rocks from the hotel decor will not be accepted.) Bonus points will be awarded on how fancy the rock is. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

Thank You @Ludo for starting this thread.  Very Timely.

What's the upper range size limit for "small"  pretty rocks?

Because of forum rules we can't post a link to where to order them but if you post here, a certain @ub3r_n3rd fairy may PM you details.

I'm hoping the Ribbon Fairy will be contacting me.

I have an idea for a personal ribbon but am basically clueless about getting them produced.

GEM

Twinkle Twinkle

• Like 2

Well I'm driving a Nissan Frontier down from Oklahoma so it has to fit in that....

• Haha 11

I plan to have 2 ribbons this year:

STOMP of Approval - all you have to do is tell me your forum name. If you don't have one yet, sign up and show me that you did so! ^_^

SHINY!!!!! - take one of my classes! Or bring me a specific question about metallic paints (how to use them, coloring them, different brands etc.) and let me gush at you about them for a few minutes, lol.

Still trying to decide on colors, then I'll be ordering. :bday:

EDIT: I always order the 1 5/8" by 3 1/2" ribbons from the Ribbons Galore website.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, Ludo said:

Well I'm driving a Nissan Frontier down from Oklahoma so it has to fit in that....

I got your rock the week or two after last year's ReaperCon. Need to mark it on why it's special with a Sharpie.

Planning to have two ribbons this year:

BINGO! - My normal forumite meeting bingo game

BLACKOUT - Everybody always seemed disappointed there wasn't a reward for blackout, so now there will be.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I will probably have Saved Vs. Fire again. Basically same rules as last year. If you don't know... find me Saturday at the Con and ask. :devil:

I will also have Portalite ribbons.

I don't know if Mr. Thorne will have any; I'll have to ask him. 

*suggests metallic on rainbow for SHINY! ribbons* ::D:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm considering making a set of ribbons for fun, but this is my first reapercon so I'm not sure what people usually do and don't want to step on any toes. 

Does anyone typically do some variation on "fluffy!"?

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Fire_Eyes said:

I'm considering making a set of ribbons for fun, but this is my first reapercon so I'm not sure what people usually do and don't want to step on any toes. 

Does anyone typically do some variation on "fluffy!"?

Not to my knowledge. I also think it would be kinda cool if there were 2 Fluffy ribbons with different requirements. 

• Like 6

I still have a supply of "1:1 Scale" ribbons left over from 2017. I will make them available until I run out.

To get one, you have to let me take a picture of you with Sir ForScale, which may appear later on social media. (You can choose to keep your face out of the photo, if you like)

I haven't come up with anything new for 2019 yet, but I am contemplating options.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, klarg1 said:

I still have a supply of "1:1 Scale" ribbons left over from 2017. I will make them available until I run out.

To get one, you have to let me take a picture of you with Sir ForScale, which may appear later on social media. (You can choose to keep your face out of the photo, if you like)

I haven't come up with anything new for 2019 yet, but I am contemplating options.

Cosplay as a 1:1 version of Sir ForScale?

I do like your weights and measures stuff do something with that?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I'll have a ribbon called 'Beard' that can be achieved by all, be creative. And maybe one more, I'm not sure. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Ha! I finally have an idea for one.....  more info on how to order would be nice. 

Now I have 2 ideas... hmmm

Edited by Dragoneye
  • Like 5