Sign in to follow this  
talion78

BattleSystems - Fantasy Terrain 2

44 minutes ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

Wow ... suddenly I don't feel like having a 3d printer running for 12 hours straight in my office while I'm trying to do some other work ...

Yes

The price is much cheaper than Dwarven Forge or other 3d terrain, and the quality control and overall quality has gone up with each Kickstarter. Naturally it's pricier than self printed cardstock, but it's much easier to get ready for use, and very compact to store the walls.

For newcomers, be aware the edges come gray by default. They have use pens by hand to add that extra detailing, which looks even better...but is time consuming.

I've had only good experiences with their terrain kickstarters, and backed each one since the fantasy one.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Asuranshadow said:

be aware the edges come gray by default. They have use pens by hand to add that extra detailing

How so? Do you mean to make it match the sides?

I've used black pens on the white edges of cardstock before (which works pretty well), but I haven't used other colors.

4 minutes ago, mvincent said:

How so? Do you mean to make it match the sides?

I've used black pens on the white edges of cardstock before (which works pretty well), but I haven't used other colors.

The card edges are grey. They use coloured pens, felt pens to colour the edges. 

I've moved to painting the edges to get a better colour match.

On the prototype models the edges are white, so need to be mindful that when penning the colours are dimmed on the final product due to the grey.......hence why I paint them.

Edited by talion78

Yeah, as Talion said. Even with an imperfect color match, though, the penning of the edges can look much better for more colorful pieces. The gray does look fine on its own, just not quite as fancy as the promo pictures. For the bulk of past sets, the walls were neutral enough that the gray doesnt seem out of place.

From their blog, they have a Village set, and a Battlefield set:

https://battlesystemstws.wordpress.com/2019/06/19/fantasy-terrain-kickstarter-launching-27th-june/?fbclid=IwAR2fNazKoWnkNnNONYT3pr7x_wVA0EJ8L6ct2OhA6KCgJyp25XIfTW_dT5A

If the pledges are $100 plus shipping each, that's $20 for a building. Much less than resin, less painting than MDF and 3D printing, but still more expensive than papercraft and 3D printing.

2019-06-19-blog-fantasy-announcement-vil

2019-06-19-blog-fantasy-announcement-bat

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 4

It all looks soooo good!! 

It also looks like it'll integrate well with Umbum/Clever Paper buildings.

I'm probably in for at least 1 of everything they produce in this KS. (They say they're keeping it simple but I assume they'll still have stretch goals and add-ons?)