Sign in to follow this  
talion78

BattleSystems - Fantasy Terrain 2

The boys have out done themselves again. Due for KS in June.....this time they are taking us outside.

Kickstarter-Teaser-Battle-Systems (1).jpg

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

Wow ... suddenly I don't feel like having a 3d printer running for 12 hours straight in my office while I'm trying to do some other work ...

Yes

The price is much cheaper than Dwarven Forge or other 3d terrain, and the quality control and overall quality has gone up with each Kickstarter. Naturally it's pricier than self printed cardstock, but it's much easier to get ready for use, and very compact to store the walls.

For newcomers, be aware the edges come gray by default. They have use pens by hand to add that extra detailing, which looks even better...but is time consuming.

I've had only good experiences with their terrain kickstarters, and backed each one since the fantasy one.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Asuranshadow said:

be aware the edges come gray by default. They have use pens by hand to add that extra detailing

How so? Do you mean to make it match the sides?

I've used black pens on the white edges of cardstock before (which works pretty well), but I haven't used other colors.

4 minutes ago, mvincent said:

How so? Do you mean to make it match the sides?

I've used black pens on the white edges of cardstock before (which works pretty well), but I haven't used other colors.

The card edges are grey. They use coloured pens, felt pens to colour the edges. 

I've moved to painting the edges to get a better colour match.

On the prototype models the edges are white, so need to be mindful that when penning the colours are dimmed on the final product due to the grey.......hence why I paint them.

Edited by talion78

Yeah, as Talion said. Even with an imperfect color match, though, the penning of the edges can look much better for more colorful pieces. The gray does look fine on its own, just not quite as fancy as the promo pictures. For the bulk of past sets, the walls were neutral enough that the gray doesnt seem out of place.

From their blog, they have a Village set, and a Battlefield set:

https://battlesystemstws.wordpress.com/2019/06/19/fantasy-terrain-kickstarter-launching-27th-june/?fbclid=IwAR2fNazKoWnkNnNONYT3pr7x_wVA0EJ8L6ct2OhA6KCgJyp25XIfTW_dT5A

If the pledges are $100 plus shipping each, that's $20 for a building. Much less than resin, less painting than MDF and 3D printing, but still more expensive than papercraft and 3D printing.

2019-06-19-blog-fantasy-announcement-vil

2019-06-19-blog-fantasy-announcement-bat

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 4

It all looks soooo good!! 

It also looks like it'll integrate well with Umbum/Clever Paper buildings.

I'm probably in for at least 1 of everything they produce in this KS. (They say they're keeping it simple but I assume they'll still have stretch goals and add-ons?)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/awakenrealms/etherfields-board-game?ref=discovery_category_newest

About
      Etherfields is a new major miniature Board Game by Awaken Realms. We call this totally different BG experience a Dream Crawler – you will dive into surreal and artistically crafted world and follow one of a kind co-op / solo campaign adventure for 1-4 players. Everything you do will change the strange rhythm of the Etherfields dream world, where even the wildest fantasy is possible. 
      Gameplay created by the Board Game veteran Michał Oracz (author of This War of Mine: TBG, Neuroshima Hex or The Edge: Dawnfall and many others), will test not only your logical skills but also your intuition, deduction, and emotional intelligence. Develop your character from scratch using advanced deck-building, travel through the dream-world map and delve deeper into chosen locations.
      CLICK TO SEE ALL MODELS!    
    • By Darsc Zacal
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ttw-altburg-stable/tabletop-worlds-altburg-stable-32mm-resin-cast-terrain

TableTop World has been around for a while, they’re based in Poland, and make great looking resin buildings. I have a few in various states of construction and painting although I haven’t purchased anything from them recently.

Their stuff is very pricey though and I expect that to be reflected in the kickstarter.

I am a bit puzzled by their comment about making this in the bigger 28mm-32mm range, as I thought that was the range that their previous buildings fell into.

Anyway, if you’re interested best prepare your wallets now.
    • By Knight of the Dinner Table
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1662635043/haflings-gone-bad-volume-one?ref=discovery_category_newest

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/raffaelestumpoart/dwarves-kings-and-legends?ref=discovery_category_newest

About
        Hi, my name is Raffaele Stumpo and this is my second KS campaign so let me tell you something about me and my work. I work as a sculptor in the fantasy miniatures, sci-fi and board games industry since 2003. My passion for the fantasy world grew more and more when I was a child. At some point, it became my job. I think my enthusiasm shines vividly in my creations. Thanks to my dedication, I won many industry awards and dozens of Golden Demon, and the following Best of Show: Grog 2016, and Grog 2017.
      If you want take a look to my profile at CMON site.
      In 2008, I started a collaboration with several miniatures studios for the production of fantasy football teams. I worked on dozen of teams, mastering skills and techniques, until I became worldwide known. I prepare my models one by one, that is why they are unique and this is the main reason people appreciate their quality. Everything is handmade. I collaborated in many successful Kickstarter campaigns as a sculptor Designer and as a Guest:
      - Galaxy Defenders - The Earth Strikes Back! boardgame;
      - Galaxy Defenders - Co-op Sci-Fi Miniature Board Game;
      - Sword & Sorcery - Ancient Chronicles;
      - Bull Warriors: Chaos Dwarfs for Fantasy Football;
       https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/raffaelestumpoart/death-bringers-fantasy-football-team?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=raffaele%20stumpo 
      Version for fantasy football

Dwarves: Team Legends
      I've always loved the Dwarves... Their culture, their strength, their pride! 
      I always chose the Dwarves character in every role playing game I joined, video game or board game.
      So, what best opportunity to show my love for the Dwarves than my own sculpting project?
      From this premise is born "Dwarves: Kings and Legends"
      A set of 28-30 mm scale miniatures of Dwarves, compatible with all the major game settings and all convertible to Fantasy Football.
      All the models are completely hand sculpted.

I hope you will like them as much as I enjoyed making them!
      Raffaele Stumpo
        Lord Raidan Lord Raidan Blitzer Raidan for fantasy football Slayer Azakal Slayer Azakal Slayer Azakal for fantasy football   Brewer Berin Brewer Berin Berin for fantasy football Wizard Kirak Wizard Kirak Wizard Kirak or apothecary fantasy football Engineer Telkar or Coach Engineer Telkar Coach Telkar for fantasy football models pictured are for size comparison only  
    • By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/simonminiatures/the-saga-of-belius-the-black/description
      Belius versus Angus and Branag  

Belius the Black is a giant with mysterious origins. We say about him  that it is the reincarnation of a god, or even,  the guardian of an ancient temple. In short, according to the babarian tribes of the North, it is a black legend  related to Bregan Lorelei’s great-grandfather.

Bélius is a 70 mm figurine sculpted by me, not counting my hours, in order to obtain the incarnation of the warrior of evil, chaos and destruction. The resin cast will be made by Mr Dès, former melter of  Rackham , a pledge of high quality. This project , a range of dark fantasy figurines, is important because I can create from A to Z what i want  while satisfying the fans of my work. 

Indeed,  I have been sculpting figurines for more than 20 years : First, for Rackham for 9 years and then for various freelance brands such as Mierce Miniatures,  Monolith with Conan, Mythic Battles and Claustrophobia which are successful  on Kickstarter.

The Kickstarter platform will allow me to finance the moulds for all the figurines, which are all my personal creations. Knowing that the fans of my work will be able to hold them in hand, paint them, or play with them in any kind of games is really a great pleasure for me. This first step is important because i imagine that these figurines are destined for a game in the future.

Belius is accompanied by two brothers, Angus and Branag (35mm): They are barbarians from northern tribes. They are elite soldiers ready to  do anything to protect their lands and the Elebore Forest from any intrusion in the name of their leader, the demigod Siegfried.

NEXT SG to come:3480€
      BAAL-Thus, 60mm of brutal force!   Shipping informations:
      The shipping costs are the same for all  pledges and for a number of  unlimited miniatures.
      France:7 euros
      UE:8 euros
      Rest of the world:10 euros
  • Who's Online   29 Members, 1 Anonymous, 190 Guests (See full list)