You do have a flair for finding the most interesting miniatures & then painting them up BEAUTIFULLY. The mechanical Miss Doolittle is a LOVELY creation. VERY WELL DONE!

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      "Greetings. I hear tell. As some of you in this town. Fancy yourselves Tinkerers."

Robots in hats are always great. And I've done enough shiny new 'bots for a while. So here's a rusty bucket-of-bolts in a battered bowler! Tried to make any remaining paint look battered and chipped.

Also, here is M4R1A, clearly a Metropolis reference. But I got an idea in my head and made her into a clockwork angel with watch-part wings and a double halo of glory. 

Guest appearances by 91002, Hellstromme, 80031, Decker Lugstampf, and 59009, Mad Scientist (Female), who have already gotten their own Weird West posts elsewhere. 
    • By Rigel
      There was a sale, so I got a sweet robot lady from Bombshell! I painted her gold and silver, "Metropolis"-style. Then I remembered I had some shiny gold chainmail rings, and parlayed those into haloes. 

BUT IT WASN'T ENOUGH. 
      I used to live in a house whose former occupant was a watchmaker, and he left behind a bunch of stuff neither his heirs (if any) or the landlord cared for, so I am rich in watch parts. While I was digging through the collection for suitable embellishments for Wyrmgear, I came across a bunch of watch hands, and those would be perfect for mechanical feathers. (Side note: I love the little wings on WotC Modrons, but hate that they have bird feathers instead of something more metallic.)

Gluing them on was a challenge,

but it got done! Then I found the perfect bit to use as a shoulder joint: 

And I was able to affix them to that 'backpack' on her back. 

Here she is with some sort of Celestial detector/sceptre/gauge. Glory be! 

• By Skrill
      This project was initiated by a little failed experiment with 2 parts epoxy resin (for water effect) that snowballed into a completely unrelated diorama. 
      I put a kelpie in a clear tube and poured epoxy resin on it. There were too many bubbles in it. But this reminded me of the round aquariums so often pictured in mad scientists’ lab.
      The closest mini for scientists I had, were 2 chronoscope Bones. The furniture and decor is a mix of handmade (foam, clay, random recycling), Boardgame spare pieces (Dungeon Saga) and Bones. 

C&C welcome. 

• By aku-chan
      Starting a new mini, called Blunderbuss, she's one of my many, many (many) Twisted Urkins I have left to paint.

Made some progress today:-

Painted her gas-mask, it's mostly Red Leather shaded with Brown Wash, but it's also got Iraqi Sand stitches, Bronze bits, Oily Steel bits and a 1:1 Magic Blue/Ghost Grey eye lens. 
  • Who's Online   34 Members, 2 Anonymous, 45 Guests (See full list)