Sign in to follow this  
Rigel

Nolzur's Treant, autumn leaves edition

Having just finished him, it’s a delight to see this take. I love the autumn colors. Reminds me of Stranger Things and trick-or-treating. He’d look great next to a pumpkin knight.

Great job blending the foliage in. The dark walnut feel is just perfect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, everyone! I'm glad y'all like him (his bark is worse than his bite.)

19 hours ago, Redd Knekk said:

Having just finished him, it’s a delight to see this take. I love the autumn colors. Reminds me of Stranger Things and trick-or-treating. He’d look great next to a pumpkin knight.

Great job blending the foliage in. The dark walnut feel is just perfect.

Oooo, you are 100% correct on the pumpkin knight! I'll add that to the wishlist. 
And "Stranger-Things"-worthy is high praise indeed, especially from someone who knows both trees and spookiness!

Very nicely done. Quite liking your execution of the fall theme.

Its funny. This is the third finished version of this particular mini I’ve seen posted here over the past week or so, and yet each one is so different from each other... Lots of very imaginative people on these forums.

• Thanks 1

Need to get some saprolings now.  I have several spooky trees I've been meaning to paint for a graveyard scene. 

• Like 1

Great! Love how you decorated him with all this plants and leaves and such. Painting looks very good too. All in all a fantastic job!

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Iridil
      Here is a figure I painted up as a character in what my group calls "the B team adventure" - which revolves around the supporting cast for a more standard party. She is the cook/maid. I like the townsfolk from the WIzkids set a lot better than the other humanoids I have painted from them, like the elves. They have a lot of character which makes up for the sometimes shallow detail. I'm proud of this one because she basically had no face and I painted one on with fair success I think.

• By Rigel
      Brothers Roberto (03561) and Louis IV (02087) are excellent sculpts suitable for multiple time periods. I've painted a couple of Nuns With Guns and a couple of priests, but not a bishop or a cardinal!

"Your Exellency, I apologize for the short notice. It's worse than we had thought."

"You are forgiven, Bishop. Is it the old Priory at St. Wulfstan's?"

"Indeed. The Creature has at last gotten loose from the bindings put down in 947 and broken through the 16th-century salt rings."

"God in Heaven. I had prayed those wards would outlast me. We knew this day would come."

"Mercifully, we have one of our best men on the scene. God willing he can contain the beast until the rest of the team arrives."

Father Sweeny, again from Artizan's 'Thrilling Tales' line, had better be a man of strong faith and iron will.

The Beast, ornery after centuries of durance :

Hold the line...

(Guest appearances by Fr. Thomas, Sr. Maria, Order of St. George Nun, and Fra Ximenez from Black Cat.)

• By Evilhalfling
      Time to paint a new Dragon.  and whats a dragon without a WIP? 
      This will be My second largest painted Dragon,  behind only DDS2.  It will slip to 3rd when I get around to painting the KDM Dragon King, that boy is a Chonk.  
      My goal is two months - ie end of the year.  otherwise I will have only finished one dragon this year,  when normally I paint 3. 

but white is so boring.  
      lets see what references I can find to spice it up. 

Ooooh Mamma ! 

so to translate this into the figure ... 
      mint/pastel green tint on scales, pink in the creases. 
      the lizard above seems to have green around some scales and pink around others.  im not really sure how to make that work. 

time for some rough drafts.

Rule of thirds - all white surfaces should be 1/3 or less other colors,  this way it should still read as white scales. 
      It could easily overwhelm the dragon, and lose the white designation . (ie DO NOT replicate the too green small lizard on the top.) 
      I don't need back legs on my sketch, patterns will be identical to the front legs. 
      Should I splatter with yellow?  - it is either random color shift on scales or urine stains.  

Paint Colors: 
      Entrail Pink mixed with white for the creases  (red liner deepest shadow) 
      Green sky (vallejo) for the mint green, also 50/50 white.  (green liner for darkest shadows)
      Linen white as a base - Pure white for highlights. 
      Snow shadow (blue/white)   for shadows on the scales.
      The wings should be darker on above than below, and more pink ,  while the upper surface will be more green.  

Basing -
      Simple Snow Base.    The Dragon needs to be sturdy as it will join the collection that my Mini-Spawn plays with.    It comes with a transparent pole, and attachment points to the base. 
      No  need to reinvent the wheel. 

I think I need to sleep on this before moving past the clean-up stage. 
      Comments , Criticism or Suggestions?  

• By Nial ap Morai
      Tried to paint the Griffon to look like Buckbeak (a hippogriff I could not locate) for a friend’s HP diorama. 

• Who's Online   18 Members, 1 Anonymous, 56 Guests (See full list)