Rigel

Nolzur's Treant, autumn leaves edition

Having just finished him, it’s a delight to see this take. I love the autumn colors. Reminds me of Stranger Things and trick-or-treating. He’d look great next to a pumpkin knight.

Great job blending the foliage in. The dark walnut feel is just perfect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, everyone! I'm glad y'all like him (his bark is worse than his bite.)

19 hours ago, Redd Knekk said:

Having just finished him, it’s a delight to see this take. I love the autumn colors. Reminds me of Stranger Things and trick-or-treating. He’d look great next to a pumpkin knight.

Great job blending the foliage in. The dark walnut feel is just perfect.

Oooo, you are 100% correct on the pumpkin knight! I'll add that to the wishlist. 
And "Stranger-Things"-worthy is high praise indeed, especially from someone who knows both trees and spookiness!

Very nicely done. Quite liking your execution of the fall theme.

Its funny. This is the third finished version of this particular mini I’ve seen posted here over the past week or so, and yet each one is so different from each other... Lots of very imaginative people on these forums.

• Thanks 1

Need to get some saprolings now.  I have several spooky trees I've been meaning to paint for a graveyard scene. 

• Like 1

Great! Love how you decorated him with all this plants and leaves and such. Painting looks very good too. All in all a fantastic job!

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      It seems that scale creep is a very real thing! This is Nolzur's delightfully brutish and verdant Shambling Mound. For a Large creature it is very large indeed, easily the size of a tabletop-scale elephant or bigger, and extending way off a 2x2 base with its outstretched limb.

I put some straight-pin mushrooms on it, as I do. 

Here's a group shot with Reaper's beautiful Swamp Shambler and a WotC grab-bag Dryad and Needle Blight, for scale comparison. 
    • By Geoff Davis
      Here are a couple of WIP photos from my T-rex conversion to the "King of Feathers". 

I was working from this painting, from the "Tombs of Annihilation" campaign book.

I trimmed away a lot of the ornamentation on his back and put on a base of green stuff.  Once that dried, giving me a smooth surface to work from, I started adding small strips of green stuff to jam the 'feathers' into.  The feathers are made from Dollar Store plants.  I used wire cutters to clip the ends off of about 500 individual plastic leaves.  Then I washed the leaves, so they would have a better chance of sticking to the green stuff and the glue.  They still fall out sometimes, even though they are glued into the greenstuff with superglue.  I would add a chunk of greenstuff and smooth it out.  Then I jammed in the 'feathers'.  Once I had a line of feathers in place, I put another line of greenstuff on top of them to hold them in place, and to be the base for the next layer of feathers.  Once I had all the pieces ready to go, it went surprisingly quickly.  The actual process of applying the feathers only took about two hours. 

I used my airbrush to apply primer in a zenithal pattern.  Because of the complexity of the feathers, it was much easier to use the airbrush to prime it rather than brush it on. 

Final paint finish turned out pretty well.

Here is the same figure painted as a more traditional t-rex.

This project was a lot of fun.  I spent a lot of time giggling over how the players in my D&D game were going to react when I put this on the table. 

• By Geoff Davis
      I've been running the D&D campaign "Tomb of Annihilation".  It contains a truly monstrous beast called the "King of Feathers".  So of course I had to make one.  The T-rex from Wizkids is a really nice figure.  I'm not normally a fan of that line, but the T-rex is awesome,  This one is heavily modified.  I will post some step by step photos in the WIP.

An older t-rex, painted a few months ago.

• By Kangaroorex
      Another Mini completed between the strokes of life.  (can anyone get the reference, Wish i had the ability) 

I picked this up a few months ago with the white and red varieties but I wanted to have a dragon i could finish and not worry about whether it came out really well or not.  This one came out surprisingly well considering the amount of time I had to work on this.  I had fun and it really came out looking well.

Still trying to get the magic water right on my dioramas.  this one doesn't look bad but it leaked out on me and made a bit of a mess.  Live and learn!

Hope everyone enjoys this!

• Who's Online   34 Members, 2 Anonymous, 98 Guests (See full list)