First Legion Fantasy Line

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/firstlegion/first-legion-heroic-scale-28mm-fantasy-figures?ref=discovery&term=First legion

Just ran across this. I’m not familiar with the company, but they seem pretty established in the historical line. Anyone have thoughts on these? The price per figure seems reasonable for good resin. 

Edited by SamuraiJack
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Arkady,    This is Matt from First Legion.  I noticed some traffic coming from here via the wonders of google analytics, and I thought I'd check it out.    All of your concerns are of cou

A few pics of real resin copies

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/firstlegion/first-legion-heroic-scale-28mm-fantasy-figures?ref=discovery&term=First legion   Just ran across this. I’m not familiar with the company,

Posted Images

The impression I got was “wow, there’s a lot of figures” in there. Makes me a bit nervous simple because of the scale of the KS. But, like you said, if they are an established company then perhaps they know what they are doing.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Pegazus said:

The impression I got was “wow, there’s a lot of figures” in there. Makes me a bit nervous simple because of the scale of the KS. But, like you said, if they are an established company then perhaps they know what they are doing.

My thoughts as well, I was kinda overwhelmed with all of it.

I do like the Femme Fatales and the Undead a lot.

And even if I don't need them, those Orc and Human Villagers and craftsmen are an awesome idea.

I need to think about it since I already have a huge backlog.

Hm, those femme fatales are 28mm in the kickstarter, but the say they will become available in 75mm after the kickstarter in retail as well.

I think I will want one or two of those in 75mm then!

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 4

I'm seeing lots of pretty figures but I'm also seeing a lot of concept art aaaand the figures which also have concept art revealed display how close to the art they are (or how much they've changed) so I need to take that into account when considering what the concept art only figures are likely to look like.

• Like 2

The prices seem reasonable enough that I'm not too worried about freebies, but they aren't exactly cheap either. I do like the sculpts. On the other hand, I'm well stocked with goblins, kobolds, undead and townsfolk after Bones 4.

I might get the orc or mounted goblin core, but most likely I'll just cherry pick a few add-ons and keep my price tag as low as possible. 

2 hours ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

I also do not really like the idea that you have to spend $200 before you get a single freebie.

I agree, doubly so because that amount plus add ons plus shipping and currency conversion make that tier one that's definitely out of reach for me...  And that if you pledge for lower than the $200 tier, you don't get the freebies even if you surpass $200...

I probably won't go into this one, even with liking the orcs a decent amount, simply because, well, I'm uncertain if  I can afford the decent amount of coin to get the two sets and several add-ons I want. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Well, they're honest about it at least. 

Absolutely and I like that.

One miniature, for example, has some nice curves and contours that were absent in the concept art (which was more angular). In this case I prefer the final sculpted version over the artwork. Assuming the sculptor might have a style or bias then I can look at the concept art for the un-sculpted figures and imagine them being less angular.

• Like 3

This one is dangerous... those resin castings they put up as a preview look awesome.

Gonna have to keep my eye one this one, might be another 'Here's a $1, I'll see you at the pledge manager' one for me though.

• Like 2