Sign in to follow this  
Tasso

First Legion Fantasy Line

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/firstlegion/first-legion-heroic-scale-28mm-fantasy-figures?ref=discovery&term=First legion

Just ran across this. I’m not familiar with the company, but they seem pretty established in the historical line. Anyone have thoughts on these? The price per figure seems reasonable for good resin. 

Edited by SamuraiJack
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The impression I got was “wow, there’s a lot of figures” in there. Makes me a bit nervous simple because of the scale of the KS. But, like you said, if they are an established company then perhaps they know what they are doing.

• Like 1

For once orcs and goblins very much so catch my attention... As do the minotaurs and werewolves... 

I'll have to think about it, those prices add up rather quickly. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pegazus said:

The impression I got was “wow, there’s a lot of figures” in there. Makes me a bit nervous simple because of the scale of the KS. But, like you said, if they are an established company then perhaps they know what they are doing.

My thoughts as well, I was kinda overwhelmed with all of it.

I do like the Femme Fatales and the Undead a lot.

And even if I don't need them, those Orc and Human Villagers and craftsmen are an awesome idea.

I need to think about it since I already have a huge backlog.

Hm, those femme fatales are 28mm in the kickstarter, but the say they will become available in 75mm after the kickstarter in retail as well.

I think I will want one or two of those in 75mm then!

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 4

Orc villagers ... that's something I don't have and could use. Femme Fatales would simply be "want" ...  I also like the elves. But as others have said: They have put A LOT on their plate and prices add up quickly. I also do not really like the idea that you have to spend $200 before you get a single freebie.

• Like 2

I'm seeing lots of pretty figures but I'm also seeing a lot of concept art aaaand the figures which also have concept art revealed display how close to the art they are (or how much they've changed) so I need to take that into account when considering what the concept art only figures are likely to look like.

• Like 2

Well, they're honest about it at least.

And while it may suck that you need to get so many core sets to get freebies, if any are unlocked, at least it means it's less likely that they overextend themselves. 

• Like 3

The prices seem reasonable enough that I'm not too worried about freebies, but they aren't exactly cheap either. I do like the sculpts. On the other hand, I'm well stocked with goblins, kobolds, undead and townsfolk after Bones 4.

I might get the orc or mounted goblin core, but most likely I'll just cherry pick a few add-ons and keep my price tag as low as possible. 

2 hours ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

I also do not really like the idea that you have to spend $200 before you get a single freebie.

I agree, doubly so because that amount plus add ons plus shipping and currency conversion make that tier one that's definitely out of reach for me...  And that if you pledge for lower than the $200 tier, you don't get the freebies even if you surpass $200...

I probably won't go into this one, even with liking the orcs a decent amount, simply because, well, I'm uncertain if  I can afford the decent amount of coin to get the two sets and several add-ons I want. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Well, they're honest about it at least. 

Absolutely and I like that.

One miniature, for example, has some nice curves and contours that were absent in the concept art (which was more angular). In this case I prefer the final sculpted version over the artwork. Assuming the sculptor might have a style or bias then I can look at the concept art for the un-sculpted figures and imagine them being less angular.

• Like 3

This one is dangerous... those resin castings they put up as a preview look awesome.

Gonna have to keep my eye one this one, might be another 'Here's a $1, I'll see you at the pledge manager' one for me though.

• Like 2

I like the villager sets, especially some of the add-on villager extras, but I'm trying to talk myself out of backing it. The renders look really nice on a lot of the stuff, though. Really, really nice...