Sign in to follow this  
slash486

Cracked Roc

Those cracks are in the plastic?  If so, the Roc I received does not have those cracks.  I would contact help@reapermini.com if you are looking for a replacement part.  Repairing with modeling paste, thinned putty, and/or acrylic medium is what I'd try otherwise.

• Like 1

If the cracks are in the plastic, I'd call that a defect. If the cracks are in the primer (and I've seen that happen to primers occasionally as they dry), it's not. That almost horizontal mold line seems to be in every casting of the tail, so getting a replacement for that issue wouldn't help.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

If the cracks are in the plastic, I'd call that a defect. If the cracks are in the primer (and I've seen that happen to primers occasionally as they dry), it's not. That almost horizontal mold line seems to be in every casting of the tail, so getting a replacement for that issue wouldn't help.

Yes the cracks are in the plastic not the primer. It looks almost like the plastic switled around in the mold but didn't congeal together properly. If that makes sense.

• Like 3

I checked my roc's wings last night after I got home from the hospital. Mine does not have cracks in the wings. I'm sure you can contact Reaper for a new set, or if you want a quick fix use Elmer's glue or Golden's moulding paste and just rub it into the grooves with you finger.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Adrift said:

I checked my roc's wings last night after I got home from the hospital. Mine does not have cracks in the wings. I'm sure you can contact Reaper for a new set, or if you want a quick fix use Elmer's glue or Golden's moulding paste and just rub it into the grooves with you finger.

I'll give the Elmer's glue a try. It's on the underside of his tail so it won't be too visable.

• Like 3