Jump to content

Garbosch

The Lord Of The Rings - The Fellowship Of The Ring (WiP)

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone.

 

I'm new here at the Reaper Forum. And as a good debut i will post nothing from Reaper :blush: But this is a WiP Thread and so i will start with this.

I want to paint the whole fellowship of the ring. The whole box is easily  to get from GW. But the collectors base, that i bought from the mighty bay, is out off print and not so easily to get.

All this stuff want to see paint in the forseeable future because this will be a present for a good friend of mine for his birthday.

 

And so it begans:

 

Aragorn01.jpg?dl=1

 

 

Edited by Garbosch
  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome - Willkommen - Youkoso (can't write hiragana on my phone)

 

What? Nothing from Reaper for your debut? Heretic!

 

That said - no one cares. Just paint what you like as long as it is in accordance to the rules. 

 

Have fun, be productive and share your results!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah you did it!!! Welcome to the Reaper Board my friend. ::D: (@All: Garbosch is a very good friend of me from the german Bemalforum and I recommended the Reaper Board to him and now he joined *happy*.) He feels a bit unsure in speaking english so be careful please and don`t use too much complicated terms. By the way Garbosch, your english is not that bad as you think. I`m insanely happy to see you here and looking forward to your Lord of the rings figures. As said: Looks good so far! Keep on rocking ::D:

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vhaidra said:

Ah you did it!!! Welcome to the Reaper Board my friend. ::D: (@All: Garbosch is a very good friend of me from the german Bemalforum and I recommended the Reaper Board to him and now he joined *happy*.) He feels a bit unsure in speaking english so be careful please and don`t use too much complicated terms. By the way Garbosch, your english is not that bad as you think. I`m insanely happy to see you here and looking forward to your Lord of the rings figures. As said: Looks good so far! Keep on rocking ::D:

 

And if it's taking overhand, I am also here to assist.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you all for the warm welcome :blush:

 

@SisterMaryNapalm Thank you and i will come back to that ^_^ I've noticed your name at my first visit here at the forum and in my mind came "Oh, the same name like at the TabletopWelt" Good to see you here too ::):

 

@vhaidra Special thanks to you. I'm only follow your recommendation and so i'm here. I've learned that i should follow you're advice ::D: and again you're right. 

 

3 hours ago, vhaidra said:

By the way Garbosch, your english is not that bad as you think.

 

Thanks. The most of them is just me but i've always an window with a translater open ... to be sure not to tell nonsense ::D:

Edited by Garbosch
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh ... i didn't say anything ... do i? Forget what i say and, more important, what will i say :poke:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Garbosch said:

@vhaidra Special thanks to you. I'm only follow your recommendation and so i'm here. I've learned that i should follow you're advice ::D: and again you're right. 

 

My dear, when have you ever actually followed my advice hm? :lol: But we can practise this up from now, I mean following my advice haha. I`m just glad that you followed my advice at least one times in this case haha. Have fun! ::D:

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Garbosch said:

Thanks. The most of them is just me but i've always an window with a translater open ... to be sure not to tell nonsense ::D:

Welcome to the place, as far as telling nonsense, that is usually welcomed around here!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first of the fellowship is done.

 

Aragorn03.jpg?dl=1

 

It's amazing how many colors this tiny little man need.

 

Aragorn04.jpg?dl=1

 

This was my first attempt to paint "extremly" highlights. Maybe it's not as extrem as could be but for a try, the result is not as bad as I expect. What do you think?

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks great!

 

Now put him in SHOW OFF.

And maybe some pics more close up if possible?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't see much on my tiny screen, and I think the light is a bit extreme, but from what I can see, you're off to a good start.

 

The most important thing about it is NOT to forget to create shadows as well.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you both for your comments. Should I put Aragorn in SHOW OFF or should I wait till the whole fellowship is done to post them together?

And I have made two more pics. Are they close enough? Can you see more details?

 

Aragorn05.jpg?dl=1

Aragorn06.jpg?dl=1

 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×