Lidless Eye

Lidless Eye Hobbies: Baba Yaga's Dancing Hut

That looks amazing! My wife is looking at painting her first mini tomorrow and this is what she picked. I'll show her this for some inspiration! The windows were a particularly well done detail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

Well, even Howl''s Moving Castle somewhen started as a small hut.

Yubaba, the Moving Castle...I think Studio Ghibli are just big fans of Old Boneylegs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Goddesstio said:

Love the weathering on the wood! Did you do a light base with dark wash or a dark base with light dry brushing?

I did an "Almond" spray paint, then stained everything once with Army Painter Strong Tone.  I selectively touched it up with a second coat of Strong Tone or their Flesh Wash, and some Citadel Whateveritisthisweek Sepia.

• Like 5

Great job - the blue roof works really well to contrast the worn wood and the feet are very chicken like!

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Iridil said:

Great job - the blue roof works really well to contrast the worn wood and the feet are very chicken like!

Thank you.  There's something about painting Russian Witches in Reaper's "Denim Blue" that amuses me.  All 3 Baba Yagas use the same color.

I kept forgetting I had looked up references for chicken feet (I couldn't remember what color their talons were) and kept wondering why there was a Google image page with chicken feet recipes when I'd open Chrome on my phone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Yep, indeed: Supercool. I simply love it. Fantastic job!!! This stronge tone from army painted seems to be really great for shading. I admit I never used it before, because I always paint my shadows with diluted Vallejo Paints only, but I have seen already tons of good results by using this stronge tone. Great!