Jump to content

Games and gaming


buckyball
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/19/2019 at 9:45 AM, Cygnwulf said:

Aaand, while i'm asking it, is there a way in Growtix to see a schedule of games you've registered for? I registered for a couple but they don't show up on any of 'my schedules'.

 

I found it under "Gaming Dashboard." It had a list of all the games I am registered for with times and locations. Hope that helps!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Mojoman said:

 

I found it under "Gaming Dashboard." It had a list of all the games I am registered for with times and locations. Hope that helps!

That does indeed! You would think they would have made that a teensy bit easier to find though....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agreed. From what I've seen it looks like they primarily expect users to download an app and work within that. The website seems very disjointed from a UX perspective. This makes me wonder if there will be an Android/iOS app for the event...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Reaper User
14 hours ago, rawlkeer said:

I don't believe they have it all worked out yet. I signed up for a game Thursday night, and the game is scheduled for Thursday and Friday. According to the profile, it doesn't show which one I am signed up for

 

This may be a problem with our schedule we put into to growtix...may not be a growtix issue. Please email [email protected] so we can look into it. Thanks.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is anyone planning on doing any board game stuff?  I looked on Growtix, and it's all RPG's.  While RPG's are nifty and all, and I don't begrudge anyone playing them or wanting to play them, they're not really my cup o' tea.  I'm expecting to bring a few board games of my own, depending on how much space is left in the suitcase after figures, clothes, and toiletries go in, but it would be good to know what other options might be out there (if any).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would any one be up for 7th sea?  I know its late in the game (no pun intended) but my group has been hemming and hawing about playing and i have the initial romp worked up.  Its far more storytelling than the usual fare with just enough dice and rules to keep it on track. 

 

PM me if you have interest and if there are enough people I am sure we can set something up either in the growtix format or late night, or even informally.

 

thanks

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Would any one be up for 7th sea?  I know its late in the game (no pun intended) but my group has been hemming and hawing about playing and i have the initial romp worked up.  Its far more storytelling than the usual fare with just enough dice and rules to keep it on track. 

 

PM me if you have interest and if there are enough people I am sure we can set something up either in the growtix format or late night, or even informally.

 

thanks

Are newbies allowed? 

4 hours ago, leolson79 said:

Is anyone planning on doing any board game stuff?  I looked on Growtix, and it's all RPG's.  While RPG's are nifty and all, and I don't begrudge anyone playing them or wanting to play them, they're not really my cup o' tea.  I'm expecting to bring a few board games of my own, depending on how much space is left in the suitcase after figures, clothes, and toiletries go in, but it would be good to know what other options might be out there (if any).

From memory, there were people playing boardgames (not just the social card games). I'd sit for a game or two depending on the day or time. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

<rant> I would really enjoy playing games that use miniatures. Really why go to a game convention put on by a miniatures company only to play boardgames and card games? Now I know there are boardgames that use miniatures as game tokens, and even a few boardgames that are skirmish miniatures games. But there really need to be more miniatures events at this convention. </rant>

 

   buckyball

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...