Sign in to follow this  
buckyball

Games and gaming

On 7/19/2019 at 9:45 AM, Cygnwulf said:

Aaand, while i'm asking it, is there a way in Growtix to see a schedule of games you've registered for? I registered for a couple but they don't show up on any of 'my schedules'.

I found it under "Gaming Dashboard." It had a list of all the games I am registered for with times and locations. Hope that helps!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mojoman said:

I found it under "Gaming Dashboard." It had a list of all the games I am registered for with times and locations. Hope that helps!

That does indeed! You would think they would have made that a teensy bit easier to find though....

• Like 1

Agreed. From what I've seen it looks like they primarily expect users to download an app and work within that. The website seems very disjointed from a UX perspective. This makes me wonder if there will be an Android/iOS app for the event...

• Like 1

Sorry. As you all already know, Growtix found and fixed the problem. 

Still waiting on the local D&D Adventurer's League to submit their games, as well as Michael Kirk's Pathfinder events. 

So, more games are coming!

• Like 4

I don't believe they have it all worked out yet. I signed up for a game Thursday night, and the game is scheduled for Thursday and Friday. According to the profile, it doesn't show which one I am signed up for

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rawlkeer said:

I don't believe they have it all worked out yet. I signed up for a game Thursday night, and the game is scheduled for Thursday and Friday. According to the profile, it doesn't show which one I am signed up for

This may be a problem with our schedule we put into to growtix...may not be a growtix issue. Please email [email protected] so we can look into it. Thanks.

• Like 1

Is anyone planning on doing any board game stuff?  I looked on Growtix, and it's all RPG's.  While RPG's are nifty and all, and I don't begrudge anyone playing them or wanting to play them, they're not really my cup o' tea.  I'm expecting to bring a few board games of my own, depending on how much space is left in the suitcase after figures, clothes, and toiletries go in, but it would be good to know what other options might be out there (if any).

• Like 1

Would any one be up for 7th sea?  I know its late in the game (no pun intended) but my group has been hemming and hawing about playing and i have the initial romp worked up.  Its far more storytelling than the usual fare with just enough dice and rules to keep it on track. 

PM me if you have interest and if there are enough people I am sure we can set something up either in the growtix format or late night, or even informally.

thanks

• Like 1

I used to play a lot of the old version of 7th sea and would love to play old or new, but it would probably have to be an informal late night event for me. Did you have any particular times in mind? I am planning on arriving on Wednesday and leaving Monday

3 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Would any one be up for 7th sea?  I know its late in the game (no pun intended) but my group has been hemming and hawing about playing and i have the initial romp worked up.  Its far more storytelling than the usual fare with just enough dice and rules to keep it on track. 

PM me if you have interest and if there are enough people I am sure we can set something up either in the growtix format or late night, or even informally.

thanks

Are newbies allowed? 

4 hours ago, leolson79 said:

Is anyone planning on doing any board game stuff?  I looked on Growtix, and it's all RPG's.  While RPG's are nifty and all, and I don't begrudge anyone playing them or wanting to play them, they're not really my cup o' tea.  I'm expecting to bring a few board games of my own, depending on how much space is left in the suitcase after figures, clothes, and toiletries go in, but it would be good to know what other options might be out there (if any).

From memory, there were people playing boardgames (not just the social card games). I'd sit for a game or two depending on the day or time. 

• Like 1

<rant> I would really enjoy playing games that use miniatures. Really why go to a game convention put on by a miniatures company only to play boardgames and card games? Now I know there are boardgames that use miniatures as game tokens, and even a few boardgames that are skirmish miniatures games. But there really need to be more miniatures events at this convention. </rant>

buckyball