Looks really good. You chose a perfect red for the skin, the face is excellent. Only c&c is that I see some mold lines but I'm a sucker for that, it's always the first thing I notice. Even on my last mini, I forgot to remove quite a bit of the molding.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, zemzero said:

Looks really good. You chose a perfect red for the skin, the face is excellent. Only c&c is that I see some mold lines but I'm a sucker for that, it's always the first thing I notice. Even on my last mini, I forgot to remove quite a bit of the molding.

Ha yeah that one on the robe was tough, I was scared to grind it down and mess up the detail of the coat.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By odinsgrandson
      I've been painting up a lot of Starcadia Quest.

It only seems fitting to start out with the Star Wars characters. For most of my Starcadia Quest, I went with a Borderlands style- with lots of black lining against bright colors and even black hard edging to create that Borderlandish look. I plan to convert a few Starcadians into Borderlands characters as well.
      Also, it just seemed right to start out with the Star Wars inspired characters.

• By MoonglowMinis
      Another day another devil.

Several months ago I was searching for a suitable mini for a chain devil.  I was in need of a few of them to represent hellish prison guards.  Unfortunately, there's not a lot of options that I liked.  Most of the official pre-painted chain devils look like awkward Michelin Men.  So I went looking for a suitable substitute.

I settled on the Pelegarth Brutes from CMON's Wrath of Kings.  A few modifications later and...

Three frightening and unrelenting guards of hell.

More Photos Below the Spoiler:

I really liked working on these guys.  It was a lot of fun reinterpreting an existing monster and finding a way to make it unique.  They're definitely a favorite of mine.  Plus I love that the chains actually dangle and swing when moving the minis around.

Check out the rest of my Infernal Army HERE.

How have you reinterpreted a mini in your own projects?
    • By odinsgrandson
      I've got a bunch of minis to post from my Cthulhu: Death May Die set.  Here are the first ones- I'll be back to update as I get more pics.

• By Maledrakh
      Have some Pride!
      Minis from the lovecraftian tentacled horror board game The Others: 7 Sins.

The Avatar of Pride

Leonine and resplendant. Unashamed. All Out. Pride.

The largest of all the Avatars, the base is a pillshaped 65mm x 45mm.

The Abominations of Pride:

25mm integral bases.
      The Abominations of Pride are a further exploration of Contrast paints. And as it so happens, they are slightly reminiscent of rainbow stripes when on parade.  This is in fact unintentional but at the same time oddly fitting.
      These were basecoated in a light cream colour, and then each was given a single coat of a different contrast paint.
      From the left: Creed Camo, Space Wolf Grey, Wildwood, Militarum Green, Plaguebearer Flesh, Darkoath Flesh.
      I then tried to drybrush them a bit, but the contrast paint came off in patches, not being strong enough to resist the mechanical rubbing of the bristles. *sigh* and here I thought I was being extra gentle.
      So this reinforces the earlier lesson of no drybrushing on contrast paints.
      I put some carroburg crimson shade wash on the ends of the limbs and tentacles, and later some thinned Mephiston Red regular paint. Eyes in blue, some teeth, black bases with black flockmix and done.

All that Pride, and not a shred of Dignity.

These are the last of all my The Others: 7 Sins minis. Now their to-be-painted-box in the shelf is all empty and hollow, ready to be filled by someting shiny and new! Time to prep some more of the HATE minis perhaps?

Avatar and Abominations of Pride
      From the base game set of The Others: 7 Sins boardgame, 2016
      Guillotine Games / Studio McVey / CMON
      PVC boardgame plastic
      The boardgame and some expansions should still be available in the wild but seem to be getting scarce.
    • By Al Capwn
      So CMON came out with an updated version of Project: Elite, a game that has been lauded as a super fun real time game. Thankfully, the contents of the game are a bit smaller than Zombicide: Invader, and the gameplay is a little bit more fun if I am being totally honest. Additionally, the scale of the miniatures are slightly larger, so instead of being around 25mm, they are closer to the 28-32mm heroic scale. Now that being said, this is a real time game. Which means that the miniatures will be handled a lot, and sometimes roughly. As much as I would like to slave over some of these, I am trying (key word here, trying) to keep the time investment shorter on this one. The chances of a paint job getting dinged up are just greater than some more casually-paced game. All figures receive a generous coat of varnish to help protect them as much as reasonably possible.

Here are some shots of the work so far...

Gustav (The 'Ahnold' clone.)

Pretty pleased with how his face turned out, probably one of the better ones I have done if I am being completely honest. This sculpt of the face was pretty clean and well-detailed, so painting it was really straight-forward.

Sandra (Totally not Jennifer Anniston)

This sculpt's face was a little wonky, specifically the lip area, which made getting her expression looking correct difficult. Additionally, I had accidentally ripped up a layer while using ScaleColor's skin tone paints, leaving some additional texture that I did not want. Still some areas to tidy up.

Gunter

Used a combination of inks, Contrast paints, and regular ol' paint here. Skintone was actually done using ScaleColor's flesh tones, which I find tend to work pretty well for African skin tones. Shading on the shoulder pauldrons was done using purple, which gives a lovely and natural looking effect. This mini's color scheme though is totally all over the map, and the reds and greens are a little "Christmas" like. Not a huge deal, just not my favorite color choices here.

The Runners

The runners have been my speed-paint job so far. They have lots of texture that a wash hooks into easily enough. They were given the typical zenithal priming treatment, but using a fairly bright pink color as their top highlight (this would be close to Rosy Skin Highlight in Reaper colors) and Reaper Burgundy Wine was used along their spine. They were given a coat or two of GW Reikland Fleshshade, and finally their lips/gums were highlighted with some Kimera Magenta + Burgundy Wine, and teeth with some Vallejo Flat Yellow + FW White Ink.
  • Who's Online   21 Members, 2 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)