Dwarf Faction Question

I am eagerly waiting for the release of the Warlord rulebook with the intention of painting a dwarf faction. Looking at the online store the griffon is listed with the dwarves. Is it part of the faction? I am a rather ignorant of the rules so I appreciate any and all help.

Decado

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Warlord dwarves rock! The WotC Chainmail dwarves were the first to get me to like the dwarves (I've always hated the GW variety), but the Reaper dwarves clinched it. I am a hunk of chunk of a bearded dwarf fan boy now.

Is there any chance we'll see some dwarf engineering in the future? Warmachines and gadgets and the like?

Warlord dwarves rock! The WotC Chainmail dwarves were the first to get me to like the dwarves (I've always hated the GW variety), but the Reaper dwarves clinched it. I am a hunk of chunk of a bearded dwarf fan boy now.

I totally agree! WotC got me starting liking them. Reaper produced a real game to play the Dwarves.

Teaming it up with dwarves makes it look even bigger.

The Griffon is one of the few released Warlord models that are mounted on a 2" base. BIG chunk of pewter and a fine sculpt. Looks great on the table with stout Warlord dwarves. I am excited about the bear rider, too - can't wait to see him.

- de

I am a big fan of dwarves as well. I got hooked with GW LOTR dwarves and now with Klocke's dwarves. The Warlord line is some of the best dwarves I have seen and I anxiously await further releases.

Decado

Any ideas if the Dwarven War Cannon will make it to the Dwarves like Mossbeard did for the Elves? Com' on just make a stat card and say it is so.

- de

BAGAH??

I say again: BAGAH??!!

INFO PLEASE! Mossbeard would work well too IMO.

Please please don't go the way of GW and turn the Reaper Dwarves into gadgeteers. I don't want to see canons, steamwagons, flamethrowers, helicoptors

No gadgetes, copters, or riggers. Just a big cannon to blast opponents. It already exists, like Mossbeard we just need the stats!

-de

I want my fantasy old school, no guns for me thanks. Not that I'd be upset if they appeared int he game, I just would choose not to use them. Gunpowder brings elements into the game I don't like. You don't see Tolkein's dwarves trudging around with guns, and those are the kinds of dwarves I like.

I want my fantasy old school, no guns for me thanks. Not that I'd be upset if they appeared int he game, I just would choose not to use them. Gunpowder brings elements into the game I don't like. You don't see Tolkein's dwarves trudging around with guns, and those are the kinds of dwarves I like.

I have to agree. I love dwarfs (am preparing a new character for a new campaign that is a dwarf cleric) and beleive that too many gadgets can ruin it. Nothing like a double sided axe for a dwarf and a good throwing hammer! :wub: