The Lord Of The Rings - The Fellowship Of The Ring

51 minutes ago, Rigel said:

Looking good! More adventurers should be prepared with strings of sausages. Keep up the good work!

Thank you! And you've right! Sausages should be a must for every adventurer, or walker, or everyone ::D:

• Like 3

He looks pretty good.

The only minor thing I would say is his hair, blond hair isn't that yellow.

You could use a brown and an ivory cream colour to create a blond hair that looks a bit more natural.

• Like 2

Thank you. Yes, I know that blond hair isn't that yellow. The color is a brownyellow and I hoped that it will be not so bright yellow like it really is. For the future I'll take a different color but for now Sam had to live with this. The color will grow out and then he'll get another ::D:

• Like 1

Thank you, @vhaidra The motivation is back and I have so much fun to paint these minis.

And here come the next. Frodo is finished.

Frodo02.jpg?dl=1

I was in the flow and had to paint another fellow. Gandalf.

Gandalf01.jpg?dl=1

Edited by Garbosch
  • Like 10

Hey, what happened? I see you have painted actually your very first transitions....can`t believe it, but it looks good. Great, keep up this energy and the good flow. I like both and as said: Highlights become better, because they are not as extreme bright than before and the better shading (than ususal) caused the first transitions. Still rough, but hey, it is a beginning. Good job!::D:

• Like 2

Thank you both. I step forward to do a little bit experiment. Learning by doing. I'm really satisfied with the result. And don't forget: on the pictures the highlights are really rough, here you can see every single brush stroke, unfortunatly ::(: In real the minis are more smaller and if I don't look with a magnifying glass, they look pretty good ::D:

• Like 4

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Grumpy Gnome
      Awhile back I was inspired by a gamer on the internet who had converted some Goblins into Gnomes. So I decided to try something similar but with my own style. Unsurprisingly, after I did this I found several other folks online had had similar ideas as well. Including JFA of Hagglethorn Hollow fame.

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/2019/08/02/the-first-of-the-gnomes/

A bit of greenstuff and a change in the usual colors… presto! Gnomes instead of Goblins.

In hindsight if I was doing this again I think I would use different arms, weapons and shields on the two melee models but otherwise I am pleased with how they came out. Of course they are rather big Gnomes.

The next Gnomes I convert will be from Wargames Atlantic Halfling Militia….

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Brutogg Corpse-Eater, my first finished adventurer from the game Cursed City by Games Workshop.

Had a lot of fun painting this guy, I experimented by giving him grey-hued skin to represent his unhealthy eating habits (he eats zombies) and it worked better than I thought it would.
      Annoyingly though, I had to leave the bits under his coat unpainted (just couldn't get a brush up there), nobody will notice unless they turn him upside down, but it still bothers me that he's technically "Unfinished".

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By aku-chan
      I recently acquired the latest of Games Workshops Warhammer Quest games:- The Cursed City.
      I'd actually like to completely paint one of these things for once, and thought a project thread might help!

First, I built everything (Well, maybe everything. Games Workshop continues to be kinda weird about this game, so I'm not sure if it's getting expansions or not):-

And then made a spreadsheet. I can't batch paint, so even simple minis (like the rats and skeletons) I've put in small groups to help maintain momentum.
      I rolled a 5 (actually I rolled a 30 and then a 32, but I know this project is doomed if I start with a rat pile instead of something interesting):- Brutogg Corpse-Eater, unusual Ogre:-

I've made him a simple base (I've been spoilt by all the integral ones I've been dealing with lately), mostly sand with some broken flagstone patches made of putty, and gave him the usual White Primer and Brown Wash undercoat.
      Leaving him to dry overnight.
    • By WhiteWulfe
      Finished this a little while ago, but it wasn't until just recently where I was able to get it into an area that's large enough, and has even enough lighting (whoo, b-day gift of a 24" cube light box and lights!)

This is the terrain element that was included in the Warhammer 40,000 Battle for Macraggae boxed starter set.

WIP is available over at: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/93848-dusting-off-a-few-older-projects-to-finish-off-2020/
    • By R2ED
      I realize it's not the weekend, but the week was quite busy and I'm happy to have got any of this done at all.  

BATTLE REPORT!

This little wizard's focus for me was going to be brighter colors and trying to do skin and hair better.  I think it came out pretty well.

Wins:
      *  The base color of red tone and highlighting upward to flesh tone seems to be a good mix.  
      *  Keeping to adjacent colors on the color wheel made for a pleasing, eye-catching combo.  I have to say using the reds, oranges, and browns was pretty fun.
      *  I did as much highlighting and avoiding washes as I could.  This has been my practice over the last number of models I've done.  I don't get how the videos show people just splashing it on for amazing results.  I don't get it, can't seem to do it the same, so I resort to taking more time on starting dark and going light.  Much like Dr. Faust's painting videos.  I've learned much from watching him.
      *  Mixing paints is getting better.  I used like colors to lighten and highlight and I'm getting a better balance and understanding of how they may look really different wet, but getting to know how they dry and differs greatly.  
      *  The eyes worked better going in order of black first, white second, black third.  I was doing a white, black, white and it made the eyes look weird.  @Inarah pushed me to try something different and it's been working better.  
      *  The brown hair with little highlights came out good and I'm trying to be very light in my touch to get subtle look versus stark.  Win!

Misses: 
      *  The staff is okay.  I tried to give it like some kind of weathered look or cool effect at the end, but it just didn't sing like I had hoped.
      *  On the back of his cape, there's a part that I tried shading inf that just didn't look believable to the eye.  I tried to hit it a few times to catch the light and how to lighten the edgest, but it was lost on me.  Fail.
      *The skin on his hand held out has a funny look to it up close.  I tried to bring out some of pads of his fingers and palm, but it doesn't look as good as I had hoped.

Overall it's another win, and I'm happy with the results.  
  • Who's Online   19 Members, 2 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)