Garbosch

The Lord Of The Rings - The Fellowship Of The Ring

This is a thread about the fellowship of the ring. First is Aragorn.

Aragorn05.jpg?dl=1

Aragorn06.jpg?dl=1

On and on the whole group will come in this thread.

• Like 22

Looking good! More adventurers should be prepared with strings of sausages. Keep up the good work!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Garbosch said:

The next one is finished. Samwise Gamgee.

Sam03.jpg?dl=1

Sam04.jpg?dl=1

I gave you my opinion at the TTW forum.

Keep it up!

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Rigel said:

Looking good! More adventurers should be prepared with strings of sausages. Keep up the good work!

Thank you! And you've right! Sausages should be a must for every adventurer, or walker, or everyone ::D:

• Like 3

He looks pretty good.

The only minor thing I would say is his hair, blond hair isn't that yellow.

You could use a brown and an ivory cream colour to create a blond hair that looks a bit more natural.

• Like 2

Thank you. Yes, I know that blond hair isn't that yellow. The color is a brownyellow and I hoped that it will be not so bright yellow like it really is. For the future I'll take a different color but for now Sam had to live with this. The color will grow out and then he'll get another ::D:

• Like 1

Well done so far. I`m very happy see you painting again after this long struggle with motivation. Enjoy ::D:

• Like 2

Thank you, @vhaidra The motivation is back and I have so much fun to paint these minis.

And here come the next. Frodo is finished.

Frodo02.jpg?dl=1

I was in the flow and had to paint another fellow. Gandalf.

Gandalf01.jpg?dl=1

Edited by Garbosch
  • Like 10

Hey, what happened? I see you have painted actually your very first transitions....can`t believe it, but it looks good. Great, keep up this energy and the good flow. I like both and as said: Highlights become better, because they are not as extreme bright than before and the better shading (than ususal) caused the first transitions. Still rough, but hey, it is a beginning. Good job!::D:

• Like 2

Thank you both. I step forward to do a little bit experiment. Learning by doing. I'm really satisfied with the result. And don't forget: on the pictures the highlights are really rough, here you can see every single brush stroke, unfortunatly ::(: In real the minis are more smaller and if I don't look with a magnifying glass, they look pretty good ::D:

• Like 4