Sign in to follow this  
Rigel

Bombshell Jetpacks! (featuring 50158, Grant Dylan, and 50107, Afterburn among others)

14 hours ago, Rigel said:

NOTE TO IMPRESSIONABLE READERS: Grant Dylan is a *professional.* Wearing a scarf as well as a jetpack is STRONGLY contraindicated for amateurs and dilettantes. 

Not only is Grant Dylan a professional, he has impeccable taste in fashion.  See him modeling one of our new line of Aviator-brand clip-on scarf tails!  No more accidents with jetpacks, aeroplane engines, or closing doors!  A single forceful tug and it comes right off, leaving him safe to go about his day or defend our freedoms against the vicious Men From Mercury.  Ask for it by name at your local department store.

Seriously, wonderful work with those jetpacks.

• Haha 2

Thanks all! Your encouragement fuels my work! Glad you like them; they were a delight to paint. 

15 hours ago, Iridil said:

These are great additions to the pulpiness!

12 hours ago, Warlady said:

These are terrific!  Love all the pulp heroes!

Much obliged! I love me some dashing aeronauts too, and this was the perfect way to develop them further. 

13 hours ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

Not only is Grant Dylan a professional, he has impeccable taste in fashion.  See him modeling one of our new line of Aviator-brand clip-on scarf tails!  No more accidents with jetpacks, aeroplane engines, or closing doors!  A single forceful tug and it comes right off, leaving him safe to go about his day or defend our freedoms against the vicious Men From Mercury.  Ask for it by name at your local department store.

Genius!! I wouldn't have thought of this, and that's why I'll never be a Scarf Baron. This is canon now. As are the Men from Mercury!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

This was among the stuff from ReaperCon...

Kev!
    • By Rigel
      "If ever you chance to go to the woods
      Be sure that you go by day,
      Or the Spindly Man with his long thin arms
      Will spindle you clean away."

Scarecrows. The purpose is to inspire fear. For crows, the idea is that it looks like a human. 
      For people, the issue is that it doesn't quite. 

Gauntfield is a truly horrific sculpt. For one, scale creep aside, he's very tall. Over eight foot in scale, if I were to judge. For another, his hands are way too big, coming down to knee level. And those hands are clutching a sack full of bones. That's a red flag. Oh, and he's a reanimated skeleton with a jack-o-lantern sack mask. That sadistic grin! the flapping tatters! The sculptor is very like Gauntfield himself, in that they are both...

...outstanding in their field.

"When it comes to SURPRISES in the moonlit night..."

A Bombshell promotion netted me this Autumn the Scarecrone. Less overtly skeletal, but still a construct of cloth and straw given malign, shambling life and carrying a sickle. Tatterdemalion, rag-tag, hobbledehoy. 

The crow on her hat is a nice touch.

Her paint job and color scheme are loosely inspired by Sally from "NIghtmare Before Christmas."

Bonus: Bombshell's Pumpkin Pal!

• By Rigel
      Those who have been following know my fondness for aeronauts and airship crews. But an airship's gotta have fuel, doesn't it, and so do biplanes and autogyros! And they don't call the aesthetic *solar*punk, now!
      Enter Eureka. They have a line for a retro racing game called "Mad Maximillian" and it includes pit crew with old-style "flimsy" fuel cans. Three styles. And I've got three sets of aeronauts (Zeppelin crew, Sky Pirates, and Flying Circus). Seemed perfect for some speed painting now that the color scheme for each group is established.

Side note: it is *not easy* to find reference pictures of those fuel cans in their pristine condition, so this is just guesswork on my part.
      Side note 2: the ground is GreenStuffWorld's "Mesh" roller on dollar-store foamboard. 

First, our Zeppelin crewman! Labels are done in very fine-tipped pen.

Next, the dashing (in both senses) crewman from the Flying Circus! An excuse to play with the GW Gore-Grunta Fur and Snakebite Leather contrasts.

And finally, our Sky Pirate. Glad to include an Asian crewmember to the faction. I think she needs a layer of darker wash, though. This can got a bit of rust.

• By Rigel
      Eureka has a two-pack of figures in their Pax Limpopo line called "Hench and Coach," and they are the most corpulent double-chinned British spherical bastards imaginable; Dickensian caricatures after the style of Nast or Tenniel. I had to have them. Didn't bother affixing the coachwhips. They are about halfling-sized in 32mm scale, and walrus-like giants in 15mm scale. You should be able to hear a bassoon-and-tuba soundtrack when looking at them. 

I'd also painted up some minis from Artizan's "Thrilling Tales" line: Miss Greentree, Private Campbell, and Tankie Bob. Each of them is full of personality. Greentree I painted as an Agent Carter-type. Campbell was where I found tartan is not my forte. Could have come out worse. Bob is a scruffy fanatic and I love the sculpt. I figured Ungentlemanly Warfare was a good setting for the three of them.

More pictures below.

• By Argentee
      Well my sister loves Pandas and was mad I wouldn't give her the one I entered at Reapercon. So I painted a second one up for her birthday in purple, her favorite color. 

• Who's Online   37 Members, 2 Anonymous, 204 Guests (See full list)