Bombshell Jetpacks! (featuring 50158, Grant Dylan, and 50107, Afterburn among others)

14 hours ago, Rigel said:

NOTE TO IMPRESSIONABLE READERS: Grant Dylan is a *professional.* Wearing a scarf as well as a jetpack is STRONGLY contraindicated for amateurs and dilettantes. 

Not only is Grant Dylan a professional, he has impeccable taste in fashion.  See him modeling one of our new line of Aviator-brand clip-on scarf tails!  No more accidents with jetpacks, aeroplane engines, or closing doors!  A single forceful tug and it comes right off, leaving him safe to go about his day or defend our freedoms against the vicious Men From Mercury.  Ask for it by name at your local department store.

Seriously, wonderful work with those jetpacks.

• Haha 2

Thanks all! Your encouragement fuels my work! Glad you like them; they were a delight to paint. 

15 hours ago, Iridil said:

These are great additions to the pulpiness!

12 hours ago, Warlady said:

These are terrific!  Love all the pulp heroes!

Much obliged! I love me some dashing aeronauts too, and this was the perfect way to develop them further. 

13 hours ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

Not only is Grant Dylan a professional, he has impeccable taste in fashion.  See him modeling one of our new line of Aviator-brand clip-on scarf tails!  No more accidents with jetpacks, aeroplane engines, or closing doors!  A single forceful tug and it comes right off, leaving him safe to go about his day or defend our freedoms against the vicious Men From Mercury.  Ask for it by name at your local department store.

Genius!! I wouldn't have thought of this, and that's why I'll never be a Scarf Baron. This is canon now. As are the Men from Mercury!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mckenna35
      Thought some of you might find this of interest:  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bombshellminis/isw-71b-scout-ship?ref=user_menu

Available as either a physical model or STL

Command power. Command efficiency. Command versatility. Command respect.
      Able to go from atmosphere to Jump in under 18 cronons. Equipped with four Ultonium-powered 418ml SXV-55 Bust-A-Drives™. Voted Starship and Pilot's Scout Ship of the Year. Available with three different equipment payloads. The fastest, safest, most versatile scout ship you will ever fly.
      The all new ISW-71B.
      Boldly go.
      ISW-71B SCOUT SHIP
      Illyrian Ship Works is renowned for excellence in both design and efficiency. The ISW-71B is no exception. It sets the new standard for classic design with modern performance.
      The Scout Ship Miniature Kit is a "game" scale multi-part model pressure cast in high quality urethane resin for easy assembly. It is sized to be compatible with most 28-35mm miniatures for tabletop battle games and RPGs.  The kit may be upgraded through unlocked stretch goals or with Add-On packs available through the Kickstarter project.
      THIS MODEL WILL BE AVAILABLE AS BOTH A RESIN KIT AND AS STL FILE DOWNLOADS.
      In the CORE SET you will get :
      1 ISW-71B Scout Ship kit Unlocked Stretch Goals The ship measures 12"/30.48cm in length overall with a 4.75"/12.06cm diameter hull and an 8"/20.30cm wingspan. It should be suitable for any scenario in the COUNTERBLAST Adventure Battle Game and will fit in on the tabletop with plenty of  scenery and vehicles for other games.
       There are two basic pledges - The Scout Ship Resin Kit which is a physical model kit that will be shipped to you once production is complete or the Scout Ship STL Digital Kit which you can download. Each kit has all the same parts and will include all of the the unlocked CORE stretch goals.
      We have also added the LANCER Backer Level. This is an a la carte level for backers who may want access to the pledge manager after the campaign ends, or may only want certain individual Add On items.
      *NOTE - THIS LEVEL DOES NOT INCLUDE THE FREE STRETCH GOAL ITEMS AVAILABLE ON THE OTHER BACKER LEVLES*
      The parts have been test-printed on EPAX X1K and EPAX E10 resin printers. All of the parts have been sized to fit on a build plate that has a 130.56mm (L) x 82.62mm (W) x 155mm (H) build volume.
      Throughout the campaign we will be sharing pics from other printers in FDM materials too.

• By Rigel
      In the country of the blind, the saying goes, the one-eyed man is king. Certainly when venturing into the obscure unknown of space, the monocular Illyrians are as good as any human, despite a completely different evolution. Their quick regeneration and centrally-located brain-analogue allow them to survive injuries a human could not, while their alien metabolism means resource competition between human and Illyrian is minimal. 

Here is one brave planetary explorer on a rugged rocky ringed planet. It appears extensively cratered, but the presence of atmosphere and weather should have worn the features down...

Well, that answers that! 

Distant evolutionary cousins, perhaps? Or just convergence? 

These native life forms are unused to creatures with eyestalks like theirs that can move about freely on the surface! 

The eye-worms are unused eyestalks from a Wizkids Beholder--they come with a set each of Eyebeam Eyes and Regular Eyes. Waste not!
      They were inspired by this pulpy artwork--not mine, all credit to the original artist.

• By Rigel
      Karla, Anime Heroine, is a beautiful sculpt with a great nurse hat. The miniskirt, while delightful, could be more pulp-era appropriate, so I sculpted a hemline extension. I also replaced a handgun with a syringe, and then gave her a couple of backup syringes and converted her other firearm to a needle gun. She is here to cure what ails you! 

And with her colleagues, Anne Foster (50258) and Dr. Welby (50257):

Stay healthy, folks, and get your shots!
    • By Rigel
      Space is full of perils. There are creatures out there that have evolved to be perfect predators, killing machines without remorse or hesitation, carnivores with the cunning to manipulate tool-using sentients and the ferocity to exterminate entire species. One such evolved on Earth, and is greatly in demand for controlling space-vermin infestations on board ship.

Don't leave port without a ship's cat! That's how the xenomorphs get you!

The handsome fellow in burgundy is Commander Mudpie, from Hydra.  More pics below: 

You thought letting the cat in and out was a hassle on Earth...

The humble dog, one of Earth's first pioneers into space, can't be beat for loyalty or tracking. The hard part is making a spacesuit that can pick up scent samples in an airless environment.  

Who is a good spaceboy? It's this guy! More below:

And lastly, another for the Space Apes faction. Having four hands is a real problem-solver in zero-gee. I love the little thumbs on Hairy Herbert's boots. 

Again, click for more angles.

The bubble helmets are clever, and add to the effect wonderfully. I might remove the chimpanzee's faceplate for uniformity's sake.
      Special guest appearances by Space Roughnecks and Cold War's Space Ape (last seen as Gordy).

Keep watching the skies, cadets!  
    • By Rigel
      Bombshell just came out with a resin version of their dieselpunk pinup/supersoldier, Liberty. She's a great dynamic sculpt, zaftig and muscular with it. Now, we all know this is evoking some 'what if Haley Attewell became Captain America' vibes, but I've already painted up our red-white-and-blue hero before, as well as an Agent Carter type and even a Captain Canada. So, I might as well continue down the North American continent. Presenting: Capitan Mexica! 

Click for the rest of the turnaround: 
      Alas, the resin gun she came with was fragile and I had to kitbash on a sturdier one. Her shield is taken from an Aztec warrior from this series.
      Not so much Nazi-punching to do, but she has plenty of threats to contend with that would imperil the good folk of Mexico:

...some stranger than others!

And some downright bizarre: 

Here she is with her northern counterparts:

Guest appearances by: Cactus Joe, 50318; Lobo Sanchez, 50050; Diamond Sue Dawson, 50111; El Diablo, 50035; Incredible Woman, 50212; and John Bishop, 50068.
  • Who's Online   27 Members, 0 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)