dks

77389 Highland(er) Heroine - quick paint

Really excellent. I really like the colors on the cloak. The eyes are of course stunning. 

21 hours ago, dks said:

As always, I spent a lot more time per square millimeter on the face & eyes.

And it shows! Beautiful work. Great hair and freehand woad spirals too.

Wow awesome job, especially at the face!!! Nice muted colourscheme. Anyhow I have got feeling I remember your name. Can it be that we have met in earlier days on this board? However, fantastic paintjob here, I love it!!!

Edit: Ah some research helped lol. I checked out some of your older posts from the time I was active here last time. Yes, yes, yes now I remember. Derek Schubert if I`m right. Great artist I always admired. No I don`t think we had contact in a personally way, but I can remind your work very well now after I have seen it. I`m glad to see you are still active and looking forward to your future paintjobs and sculpts. ::D:

Edited by vhaidra
Memory comes back slowly....haha

Thanks, everyone!  Glad you like what I've done with this figure. 

I did the woad spiral in the speed-paint class, just to show how striking a bit of simple freehand can be ... but then I neglected to do any other freehand with the finishing hour, such as woad on her face or tartan patterns on the cloth. 

(@vhaidra: Yes, Derek Schubert here. Thank you, and welcome back to the Forum!  I am also looking forward to my future paintjobs and sculpts. :;): )

Derek

• Like 1