Recently Browsing 0 members
- No registered users viewing this page.
Got another one down for the weekend.
This time paying special attention to the face and eyes. @Inarahmentioned to me to lighten things up a little. So, I took her advice. I think it turned out for the best!
* Taking way more time around the face this time and really putting a lot of work into leveling up the color step by step with really thin paint worked well. VMC Burnt Red and VMC Flat Flesh was a good blend together. I think in the face, I could have added a bit more fare skin, but hey, he's a barbarian. He's not going for a "best skin" award, he's going for best raging out award.
* The bone, leather, fur was a really fun combination to work on. I kept things pretty simple and the variation between all of them were pretty complementary.
* Again using the zenithal highlight really helped features stand out and give me a good starting point.
* Stages: Skin, then leather elements, then accessories, then weapons. The working method inside to out went great.
* I really like the way the scabbard came out, but I kind of thing it was supposed to be straight up and down and not off to the side, but I hate when it's up and down because it'd be impossible to get the sword out of. However, the downside is the scabbard has NO detail behind it and it's jutting out, which Ididn't think about when I glued it in place. Wah wah.
* Free hand on the handle. I added the little black/brown element on the sword handle. I am pretty happy with that. I think it's a nice slight add.
* Loin cloth was a deep red I was trying to lighten up. I used a light grey, didn't work. Then I tried white - pink? Do you think a barbarian is going to wear pink? "I reckon' you get your broccoli kicked for wearing something like that." In thinking about it I could have pushed it to orange for the highlight. Doh!
* Eyes - I did them better this time, to @Inarah's point, but I didn't have enough room to get much else in there. I was also at a points where I knew if I tried to fix it, it was only going to get worse, so I called it where it was. Meh.
* Sword - just a basic steel. I tried to use a black wash on the bottom side of the blade to give it shading, but you really can't see it on the photo. It's nothing special, and again, I wish it was more...anything. It's pretty basic.
I'm reallllly looking forward to putting a base on this one. Needs to be something epic, so this will be a special one. I'm very, very happy with how this turned out and feel it's a good spot to stop for the weekend. Yay!
As always - open to feedback and would love your thoughts.