Reaper Washes

Tutakho

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the forums!

They are ready to use straight out of the dropper if you so desire. If you decide you want to tone down the intensity of the wash (i.e. you think it's too dark for what you are painting), you can also thin them. The choice is yours!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I tried out the Reaper Stone Wash, and, imo, it's more of a paint than a wash. It certainly doesn't behave like other washes I've used, such as Army Painter and Secret Weapon. 

You can also look into the Reaper inks and clears (?) for their properties as a wash. Depends on what you're looking for. 

Anyway, you should be able to thin down any acrylic, including Reaper products. Search on "miniature painting thinning" for other mediums besides water that you can use. You can also find tutorials on making your own washes, such as "Les Burley wash". 

Edited by ced1106

9 minutes ago, ced1106 said:

You can also look into the Reaper inks and clears (?) for their properties as a wash. Depends on what you're looking for. 

Note that the Reaper "clear" colors are not translucent washes.  They are pure pigment colors and cover like any of the rest of the paints. They are useful if you want to mix your own colors. 

• Like 2