Sign in to follow this  
72moonglum

Ral Partha Julie Guthrie Archer

Good job as always.

The way you paint faces on these little minis is awesome!

I like the colours, clearly he hides in fields of flowers to pelt his enemies with arrows.

• Like 2

You have a real flair for the tiny Old Partha pieces; I do hope you have an annual eye exam. The Archer painted up WONDERFULLY with a BEAUTIFULLY expressive face. VERY WELL DONE!

10 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Good job as always.

The way you paint faces on these little minis is awesome!

I like the colours, clearly he hides in fields of flowers to pelt his enemies with arrows.

He’s an alternative colored ranger, so he can lie down in a field of lavender and when you are least expecting, he pulls up from the field to put an arrow in your hind parts, kind of like Rambo emerging from mud....

10 hours ago, Warlady said:

Ooh, I like the lavender shirt!  Nice non-traditional colors on this one.

Thank you very much Warlady!

4 hours ago, malefactus said:

You have a real flair for the tiny Old Partha pieces; I do hope you have an annual eye exam. The Archer painted up WONDERFULLY with a BEAUTIFULLY expressive face. VERY WELL DONE!

Thank you Malefactus for your concern about my visual health.  Eye exam regularly, at the ripe old age of 51, I’m sporting multi-focal lenses so that I can actually see what I’m painting I’ve had to resort now for years a good set of cheap nerd goggles, a magnifying headset that I’ve gotten historically super cheaply from Harbor Freight, an economy hardware store.

Edited by 72moonglum
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I become a fan of your Ral Partha paintjobs. First: It is cool to see this old sculpts painted again so lovely and second I like your painting style a lot. Very clean, good depth, nice and smooth blending work and on top great faces. Thumbs up!!!

5 hours ago, vhaidra said:

I become a fan of your Ral Partha paintjobs. First: It is cool to see this old sculpts painted again so lovely and second I like your painting style a lot. Very clean, good depth, nice and smooth blending work and on top great faces. Thumbs up!!!

Thank you Vhaidra, I really enjoy painting these miniatures. There are so many of these floating around in the nerdiverse that I wish more people would paint them, especially seeing how talented painters aré nowadays. People are mostly attracted to the latest and greatest though it seems, not so much for things sculpted 30-40 years ago. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 72moonglum said:

Thank you Vhaidra, I really enjoy painting these miniatures. There are so many of these floating around in the nerdiverse that I wish more people would paint them, especially seeing how talented painters aré nowadays. People are mostly attracted to the latest and greatest though it seems, not so much for things sculpted 30-40 years ago. 

I know what you mean. I also still own a lot of old sculpts and consider to paint a couple of them. Especially Ral Partha produced a lot of unique and intresting sculpts. Looking forward to your next paintjobs ::D:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, vhaidra said:

I know what you mean. I also still own a lot of old sculpts and consider to paint a couple of them. Especially Ral Partha produced a lot of unique and intresting sculpts. Looking forward to your next paintjobs ::D:

You really should paint a few old pieces, they are always great fun. You're a wonderful painter, you'd certainly bring out all the old classic detail!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 72moonglum said:

You really should paint a few old pieces, they are always great fun. You're a wonderful painter, you'd certainly bring out all the old classic detail!

Thanks, but this has to wait. I have approximately 7 or even 9 wips at the moment (I actually stopped counting them) :lol: I just started too many paintjobs, it is time that I seriously try to finish at least a couple of them first and in my case this take ages. But later there is a chance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vhaidra said:

Thanks, but this has to wait. I have approximately 7 or even 9 wips at the moment (I actually stopped counting them) :lol: I just started too many paintjobs, it is time that I seriously try to finish at least a couple of them first and in my case this take ages. But later there is a chance.

No problem, I’m patient.