Sign in to follow this  
blargney

Converting an efreeti into Doomsday

Hmm...I like using a flesh wash on my bone and then doing a bit of dry brushing, but Doomsday's palette is maybe a bit on the cool side for that. I've always liked how his earlier appearances had a bit of icy blue on the spikes, which might go well with the OG pants you gave him. Either one of those choices could mean the difference between a modern, earthy Doomsday or a classic, alien, vat-grown look! 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Zethia said:

Hmm...I like using a flesh wash on my bone and then doing a bit of dry brushing, but Doomsday's palette is maybe a bit on the cool side for that. I've always liked how his earlier appearances had a bit of icy blue on the spikes, which might go well with the OG pants you gave him. Either one of those choices could mean the difference between a modern, earthy Doomsday or a classic, alien, vat-grown look! 

Ooooh I can dig all of that.  Best of both worlds: highlight to flesh on the dark part of the spikes, highlight to icy blue on the paler part.  This is gonna be tricky.

• Like 3

Varnished the big guy because I'm an idiot and forgot to drill for pinning before I painted.  *facepalm*

Primed and cursory base coat on the kobold, pinned everything but haven't glued yet.

20190608_170525.jpg

20190608_170550.jpg

• Like 13

My son has decided in the last week that naps aren't happening anymore, so I've lost my afternoon window for painting. *cry*

I've managed to get a few base coats on Eeemmo the (dismembered) Sootscale kobold.  If I'm lucky, I get 30 second snatches of time to make progress, maybe once or twice a day lol

20190617_155117.jpg

20190617_155100.jpg

• Like 11

The DDM bugbear seems to have some kind of repellant chemical on it that is seeping annoyingly through the primer I brushed on.  Paint ain't staying where I want it, and the yellow is coming up to lighten and tint my green. :-\

The Reaper lizard is a delight, especially in contrast with El Hydrophobe the dumb orc. :-)

20190624_151453.jpg

Edited by blargney
Forgot the picture doh
  • Like 9

Full strip and reset for the orc.  He was taking paint even worse today than yesterday!  I used a bit of Vallejo airbrush thinner and a toothbrush, took about 20 minutes.  Followed with hot soapy water and scrubbing, then a hot water rinse and scrub.  Here's hoping the second draft works better!

20190625_102133.jpg

• Like 8

Base coats went on much easier and waaaay better this time.  I haven't touched brush for the last couple weeks, was going a bit nuts TBH.

20190708_141605.jpg

• Like 10