Sign in to follow this  
haldir

floppy hat skeleton wizard??

Anything out there that resembles the iconic floppy hat wizard but in skeletal form?

I guess if anything, I can convert a living floppy hat wizard but it would be convenient to have it already.

thanks!

(Nevermind!!) I thought I'd seen one but couldn't totally recall who made it:

02614_w_1.jpg

RHAUGA, LICH-SAGE

Sculpted by Bob Ridolfi

SKU: 02614

• Like 7

(I’ll bite...) What is Ghosts of Saltmarsh?

The newest D&D campaign book.

With 5E conversions of the old U1-U3 modules plus a bunch of Dragon Magazine adventures all spread out to form a full sea/shore campaign.

Also adds a bunch of things, like the dead alchemist in U1 The Sinister Secret Of Saltmarsh now animating and coming out of his secret door so players no longer have to worry about searching for secret passages in order to find neat things.

And, well. The art portrays him as a skeleton with a floppy hat.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, BlazingTornado said:

Bought Ghosts of Saltmarsh, did you?

Yup!! I've been looking forward to running this one for my gang at the the store. I think I'm gonna alternate between running the current 5th level characters (AL) & starting this one from level 1 campaign every other week. That way the players don't have to scrap those characters for all new ones. Players last week liked the idea. I think thou they really wanna play Saltmarsh as they asked when I'd be starting it up. I told em about a month or so. I've gotta gather up required items & such (read the adventure, minis, other materials etc etc).

Since this one gives new Backgrounds, I told them hold off on taking a Background or at least, your selection may get modified according to GofS's new backgrounds & such. Hopefully, they work with each other in regards to character creation, not that it matters to me but we did have a couple sessions with 3 clerics & a ranger in one game. It wasn't bad, just it would have been better with more variety.

I think for this mini, I'll work the skull in as his acid bomb. Since it says he lobs acid at the characters. 

• Like 2

On 5/27/2019 at 9:47 AM, haldir said:

Yup!! I've been looking forward to running this one for my gang at the the store. I think I'm gonna alternate between running the current 5th level characters (AL) & starting this one from level 1 campaign every other week. That way the players don't have to scrap those characters for all new ones. Players last week liked the idea. I think thou they really wanna play Saltmarsh as they asked when I'd be starting it up. I told em about a month or so. I've gotta gather up required items & such (read the adventure, minis, other materials etc etc).

Since this one gives new Backgrounds, I told them hold off on taking a Background or at least, your selection may get modified according to GofS's new backgrounds & such. Hopefully, they work with each other in regards to character creation, not that it matters to me but we did have a couple sessions with 3 clerics & a ranger in one game. It wasn't bad, just it would have been better with more variety.

I think for this mini, I'll work the skull in as his acid bomb. Since it says he lobs acid at the characters. 

http://www.heroicmaps.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/DMS_GUilD_tiered.jpg[/img]

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

I seen that one & while I love Heroic Maps & colored battle maps in general, the whole meta-gaming that comes with those type of maps has me sitting that one out. I've got a month or so I might change my mind in the meantime.

• Like 1

I print out the maps and glue them to foam core board.

Then I take a sharp X-Acto knife and cut out the individual rooms, cutting midway through the walls - leaving the outside of the map as a guide.

Then put it back together like a jigsaw puzzle as the players explore.

For dungeons I just have the rooms.

The Auld Grump

• Like 5