• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Al Capwn
      As part of my goals for this year, one of them was to actually paint a Sophie - so here is my version of the 2017 ReaperCon Sophie. She was fun to paint, but was she fiddly to put together and I had to fight paint chipping all the way through. Next time I will remember to give the model a good wash before priming! You can click on the pictures for the larger versions, and one day I will invest in a tripod and get the exposure settings dialed in properly as well!

For those interested, the WIP thread is located over here.

• By SGHawkins09
      This is Tiriel from Hasslefree Miniatures that I painted in TMM. She was a much needed fun figure to help keep my motivation going as I work on other larger projects as I tend to loose focus if I work on something too long with out finishing. 

• By Inarah
      Bob Ridolfi's Graveflesh Servant (aka Bride of Frankenstein) in Bones.  I tried to get some different flesh tones on her various parts, do some bruising at the wounds, and not-exactly-sheer fabric effects.  Spent far less time on it than I should have.  

• By Darcstaar
      Since I’m wrapping up Deladrin, here is the next in the queue.  Devona, Female Wizard.  She’s a curious wizard with plate mail leggings, a chain mail skirt, and a staff that looks more like a spear.  Also, is her torso adorned with a breastplate?  Or is it part of her dress?  And what’s up with the scalloped things on her back?

Not sure what I’m going to do with her.  I hope you enjoy the process of discovery tagging along with me.  The one thing I have decided is to try to give her more of an East Indian skin tone.

• By Al Capwn
      So to wrap up one of my 2020 goals, I figured I would start on actually *gasp* painting a Sophie! I have no less than 3 in my stash, and I figured I would start practicing some concepts from all of my learning while I was at it..

I decided to pick the ReaperCon 2017 Sophie and since she has somewhat of an aquatic theme to her, I am going to shamelessly "borrow" some ideas from Disney...because why not...

I did my usual priming routine but -THIS TIME- I added an additional directional light to reinforce a direction.

Also, I have turned back to inks for some foundation work. This time incorporating Sepia, Orange, and Yellow for the wings. Glazing over the transitions established by the airbrush to set the initial values and tones.

I followed up by using Reaper Burgundy Wine, Tanned Flesh and Fair Skin for the skin tones, including a bit of FW White Ink to lighten up the brightest highlights. I used Kimera Kolors magenta + White Ink and hit her lips. I might come back with a bit brighter color to hit the lip gloss sheen.

I still need to work on blending the transitions between light and dark areas, and as well as obviously hit the arms and legs more.

I also wanted to capture "Ariel's" aqua-emerald eyes. and I am REALLY happy how they came up this time. It doesn't hurt that this sculpt did a very good job of sculpting the eye area. So super-duper zoom to see the tiny eyes.

• Who's Online   19 Members, 1 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)