Sign in to follow this  
Glitterwolf

Ladies of Death by Glitterwolf

• Vampire Lady Nr. 1 ( top pic)                                                - 4 votes
  • Kierra Darkdreamer ( lady with bird)                                    - 1 vote
  • Siobhanna ( classic version with chalice and gargoyle)   - 1 vote
  • Ghost Bride                                                                               - 3 votes
  • Lady Death ( Freebooter)                                                       -  6 votes ( one as third choice)
  • Resin Vampire with Skull                                                       -  1 vote ( as second choice) Alas she misses an arm. I need to see if I can fis that.
  • Siobhanna ( new version with bat)                                      -  1 vote
Edited by Glitterwolf

Voting here is a very hard task, because they are all cool, but I actually I also vote for Lady Death because the whole scene you built up looks for me very Tim Burton style (which I love) and this Lady Death matches simply too well with the whole scene. Good luck in finding the sculpt somewhere.

Concerning the paintjobs and figures in the beginning of this thread: Hey it seems we both have got a pretty similar taste in sculpts. A lot of what you have painted here was also on my desk a couple of years ago and some are still unpainted like the Harpy by Freebooter for example. I like them and concerning the shading and highlighting and such we are working at this point already. For me a miniature is already cool if the basecolours are applied in a clean way, because this looks already good. Additional work makes it better, good, amazing, incredible, breathtaking. Depending on what painting level one wishes to reach. This normally happens by itself with time and so let the way unfold in its own pace.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, vhaidra said:

Voting here is a very hard task, because they are all cool, but I actually I also vote for Lady Death because the whole scene you built up looks for me very Tim Burton style (which I love) and this Lady Death matches simply too well with the whole scene. Good luck in finding the sculpt somewhere.

Concerning the paintjobs and figures in the beginning of this thread: Hey it seems we both have got a pretty similar taste in sculpts. A lot of what you have painted here was also on my desk a couple of years ago and some are still unpainted like the Harpy by Freebooter for example. I like them and concerning the shading and highlighting and such we are working at this point already. For me a miniature is already cool if the basecolours are applied in a clean way, because this looks already good. Additional work makes it better, good, amazing, incredible, breathtaking. Depending on what painting level one wishes to reach. This normally happens by itself with time and so let the way unfold in its own pace.

Edited the number of votes.

Oh about finding the sculpt?

These I already have!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KruleBear said:

They are all very cool, but I think skull face would look coolest with your current paint style.

Edited, she's winning.

Hm...what is my painting style in this case?

What do people expect?

If she is the chosen one, then will she be painted with a plain skull or a dias de muerta face?

It seems Lady Death in a Sugarskull version is the winner.

But before she can claim victory..

I got a message!

@Mad Jack is sending me one of these.

She will definitely get painted anyway, but maybe you guys want to vote for her?

http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=Image:RAFM-3888.jpg

• Like 4

• Vampire Lady Nr. 1 ( top pic)                                                - 4 votes
  • Kierra Darkdreamer ( lady with bird)                                    - 1 vote
  • Siobhanna ( classic version with chalice and gargoyle)   - 1 vote
  • Ghost Bride                                                                               - 3 votes
  • Lady Death ( Freebooter)                                                       -  6 votes ( one as third choice)
  • Resin Vampire with Skull                                                       -  1 vote ( as second choice) Alas she misses an arm. I need to see if I can fis that.
  • Siobhanna ( new version with bat)                                      -  1 vote

NEW ENTRY

• RAFM - Queen of the Dead.                                                  - 1 vote

I would go with whichever mini you view as the easiest to paint of the group & save the hard ones for later when you have a feel for the minis.

My friends who raised French Napoleonics tended to paint the Old Guard first, making their elites the worst painted unit in the army.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, malefactus said:

I would go with whichever mini you view as the easiest to paint of the group & save the hard ones for later when you have a feel for the minis.

My friends who raised French Napoleonics tended to paint the Old Guard first, making their elites the worst painted unit in the army.

I hear you!

I think I can manage either of them, I love painting evil ladies especially vampires/necromancers.

They will all get paint sooner or later, I was just wondering who would look best in front of that crypt and interacting with some death hounds.

As for those death hounds, these are the Bones version, I also have a few of the very very old Citadel metal Chaos Hounds. The 80's style ones.

I could also use those or a mix.

• Like 3

Assembled the crypt and added some steps.

The gaps will be filled later and there will be moss and stuff like that.

DSCN1000.JPG

DSCN1001.JPG

DSCN1002.JPG

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 15